Around The NHL 2018/2019

I still don't get why Maurice won't try Roslo at center with Laine on the second line even moving Conner on the other side..Conner and Roslo were deadly in the A together...but Maurice seems dead set on not trying Roslo as our second line center...not yet anyway but if Roslo keeps playing like this...dare to dream!😂

19 hours ago, Rich said:

Sounds like he just wants to play.  Here or another team. 

Exactly this. Had a chance to meet him and chat last month. All he wants to to is play and contribute. Has the hunger in his eyes. Not saying I think he has what it takes to be an everyday NHLer but he has more hunger than some more talented, larger players exhibit. 

4 hours ago, GCJenks said:

Exactly this. Had a chance to meet him and chat last month. All he wants to to is play and contribute. Has the hunger in his eyes. Not saying I think he has what it takes to be an everyday NHLer but he has more hunger than some more talented, larger players exhibit. 

Hope he gets his chance with someone. Sounds like a good guy and has a lot of talent. 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Makes sense 

+ Petan + Myers.

Now I like Myers but he's not signed hence he will be traded.

" The Jets have shown recent interest in Kevin Hayes of the New York Rangers "

FWIW 6'5" 216lb, 43 games, 11g 25a. faee offs 48.3%

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

8 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Now I like Myers but he's not signed hence he will be traded.

Myers is the type of player you trade FOR at the deadline. Depth and experience. 

What team is trading with the Jets right now for Myers? Jets will be making a deal with a non-playoff team and there is no way they'll want a rental d-man. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Myers is the type of player you trade FOR at the deadline. Depth and experience. 

What team is trading with the Jets right now for Myers? Jets will be making a deal with a non-playoff team and there is no way they'll want a rental d-man. 

Also I'm thinking we haven't given up trying to re-sign Myers knowing our cap space will be a challenge with all our other contract negotiations and ones in place.

50 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Also I'm thinking we haven't given up trying to re-sign Myers knowing our cap space will be a challenge with all our other contract negotiations and ones in place.

I just remember Myers saying in the summer there were no negotiations. Add to that his play at start of season...