Around The NHL 2018/2019

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Strong rumors Stone wants to come home so... That's here. 

Why give up anything... For a guy that if you wanted... Could sign as a FA. 

I didn't hear that. That's good news but I'm not sure the Jets would be in for him (at the rate he needs).

I guess you would give something up if you're eager to add him for a playoff run. If, if, if, you're interested in dealing for him, you need to sign an extension to complete the trade. No way you pay big for a rental, IMO. 

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

I didn't hear that. That's good news but I'm not sure the Jets would be in for him (at the rate he needs).

I guess you would give something up if you're eager to add him for a playoff run. If, if, if, you're interested in dealing for him, you need to sign an extension to complete the trade. No way you pay big for a rental, IMO. 

Id pay for a center over a winger. Little isnt good enough. But i certainly wouldnt overpay for a winger like Stone eventho he would make us better. But that center needs to be a specific type.. Not a shoot first guy like Eric Staal or Matt DoucheBag... 

Id want to find a reliable 2 way 0ass first guy.. Maybe a Kevin Hayes type. 

Edited by Goalie

I threw out the name Kevin Hayes as a center option but id bet my left nut.. Chevy pulls off a trade for a center nobody has any clue is available like Stastny last year. 

If TSN or Sportsnet say we are in on a guy.. Its likely not true. 

I think a number 2 LHD unless they give Buff Niku a chance and it works.... Is a priority. I think they would like a center with Term tho. That's tough. 

Edited by Goalie

If Stone wants to come here as a free agent that's great we can move some contracts next year, but there is absolutely no reason to give up players and or prospects to Ottawa for him this year, let someone else get him at the rental price, Really not in favour of giving up a first for any rental this year, if a guy has term and can fit into the Jets Salary cap or we move salary that would be okay.

Just now, bustamente said:

If Stone wants to come here as a free agent that's great we can move some contracts next year, but there is absolutely no reason to give up players and or prospects to Ottawa for him this year, let someone else get him at the rental price, Really not in favour of giving up a first for any rental this year, if a guy has term and can fit into the Jets Salary cap or we move salary that would be okay.

If you could get Stone for a first and second this year, you wouldn't do it? 

Just now, bustamente said:

If he wants to sign an extension sure but I don't think he would, giving up a 1st and 2nd and then he walks at the end of the season no thanks.

I would do it in a heartbeat, even if we couldn't re-sign him. A late first and second round pick is not worth what Stone could contribute to a playoff run, IMO.

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

I would do it in a heartbeat, even if we couldn't re-sign him. A late first and second round pick is not worth what Stone could contribute to a playoff run, IMO.

For a pure rental? No thanks. Id do conditional 1st (2020) and Petan. 

Condition being if he signs by July 1st. 

If not.. Not giving up 1st and 2nd for a non priority winger. 

I suspect the Roslo stuff is because other teams like him and the analysts feel the Jets have to give up something to get something.  Petan is much more likely but obviously other teams will be wanting Roslo first.

Hayes name was mentioned already in connection to the Jets.

Bringing in Stone would mean having to trade someone...and I still cant see them trading Laine, and they better not trade Connor.

Chevy wants a centre to do what he did last year, strengthen the team down the middle on all lines.  I could see Roslo getting a look at 2C and not giving it up.

I'd probably try shuffling the lines around a wee bit.. Just try it even.. 

Connor Scheif Laine

Copp** Little Wheeler (Think Ladd Little Wheeler) 

Perreault Lowry Tanev

Lemieux Roslo Appleton

Trouba Morrissey 

Buff Niku 

Myers Kuli 

When Ehlers back you put him on line 2 instead of Copp, Copp bumps Roslo to 4th line wing, Appleton to Moose or PB 

Lemieux Copp Roslo