Around The NHL 2018/2019

8 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Chiarelli has made the Oilers a mess, lucked into getting McDavid good thing to because without him they are a last place team, poor goalie's bad defense and 3 good forwards while being up against the cap doesn't make for a successful team.

A good way to prove that is ask yourself if you took the best player off of every NHL team how would they fare? Out of the 31 teams, I say Edmonton would struggle the most. 

53 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

A good way to prove that is ask yourself if you took the best player off of every NHL team how would they fare? Out of the 31 teams, I say Edmonton would struggle the most. 

But then you look at the Islanders who lost Tavares but are better. 

This in from Chris Johnston of Sportsnet on Mikko Koskinen’s new three year deal at $4.5 million per season: “2019-2020: $5.2M
2020-2021: $3.3M+$500,000 SB, 2021-2022: $4.5M.”

What the fack are they doing in Edmonton?  Spend 4.5 million on a guy with only 30 games to his name????   

So how is Noeller and 17to85 going to spin this in a positive way??  How can Edmonton woes not be blamed on the GM??? 

Brossoit is making what again?  650 k?

On 2019-01-21 at 8:40 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I just dont see anything with Comrie. 4GAA in 4 NHL games.

WFP has a story about him tomorrow.

Hes like super young and goalies get better with experience. Go to a Moose game or watch highlights. Yeah 4gaa at what? 21? Christ. U have no idea or patience with young guys. 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

It’s amazing that he was allowed to make the moves he did recently.  Seems he was fired more because of the public backlash. 

Nope. Dallas Eakins fault. :-)

Sorry couldn't resist. I have no sympathy for the Oilers as growing up having to face their power house teams.

They can wait another 20 years collecting first round draft picks on the way.

It's our time now.

So ol Pete makes Joe Mack look like a competent GM.  That said, EDM's problems go way beyond Petey. 

Gretzky, Gretzky 2, Lowe, McTavish, Nicholson... too many cooks in the kitchen.

Jets list Chevy, Zinger and Simmonds in their mgmt team... that's it, that's all.  Then a few dozen scouts.  Oilers would be wise to follow suit... I hope they don't, tbh.