Around The NHL 2018/2019

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Do the rumor roundup and I see reports of Jets/Pens scouting each other.  Speculation is Jets still looking at Brassard (not sure they'd really have to scout him that hard) and/or Maatta.  Ive always been intrigued by Maatta as a Jet.  3 more years at $4 million.  LHD.  What say you?

What do we give up? Spare parts and draft picks or a top six? Ehlers? Trouba? Petan?

40 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I could the Pens wanting a young cheap player, someone who can play in the top six and be elevated by Crosby/Malkin.  Say...a Petan.

They lost Conor Sheary, so I would imagine someone young and capable, would be a good fit for them. 

Let's say Petan and Lemieux. 

It would be nice to see a Lemieux in a Pens jersey once again, even if theirs no relation (blood or skill). 

Edited by JCon

1 minute ago, JCon said:

They lost Connor Sheary, so I would imagine someone young and capable, would be a good fit for them. 

Let's say Petan and Lemieux. 

It would be nice to see a Lemieux in a Pens jersey once again, even if theirs no relation (blood or skill). 

Yea I could see him walk through the Pens door for the first time and ask 'anyone claim #66?'

5 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Do the rumor roundup and I see reports of Jets/Pens scouting each other.  Speculation is Jets still looking at Brassard (not sure they'd really have to scout him that hard) and/or Maatta.  Ive always been intrigued by Maatta as a Jet.  3 more years at $4 million.  LHD.  What say you?

i traded Trouba for Maatta years ago 😛

9 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Maata is a young Kulikov... he's broken.  I'll pass.

Brassard might be trade bait but he's doing nothing this year...  not sure what need he fills for the Jets now that Connor-Little-Laine have some chemistry

If Jets want a center at the deadline, they could do worse but I wouldnt give much.  I'd much rather get Duchene for the playoffs if he doesnt sign in Ottawa

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

If Jets want a center at the deadline, they could do worse but I wouldnt give much.  I'd much rather get Duchene for the playoffs if he doesnt sign in Ottawa

I'd offer our 1st for Mark Stone...

4th line of Perrault-Roslo-Stone would be insane

Stone as set up man on second power play unit...