Around The NHL 2018/2019

13 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

A bit surprised they’d that rather then just send Lemieux down.  Risk losing dano for nothing.  And it’s not like they have big plans for petan. 

If Dano's on waivers, they obviously have some plan for him...

7 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

A bit surprised they’d that rather then just send Lemieux down.  Risk losing dano for nothing.  And it’s not like they have big plans for petan. 

Petan still has value. Even if they plan to dump him via trade, they still want him in the system.

Dano just watches the games and collects a cheque. I'll be curious (and surprised) if anyone takes him. 

7 minutes ago, iHeart said:

yeah well considering how we got him, probably not. Just once I would love to see the Jets claim someone off waivers

Jets dont really need anyone.  It would be a really strategic thing for a player to hit waivers that made the Jets better.  In season 1, we needed any warm body we could find so the waiver wire was used more.  If a player is good enough the Jets feel they make us better every shift, he's likely not on waivers.

Dano is sort of borderline the type of player Jets would need to be better than to select.  He contributes, he has upside but is he better than three other guys we have?  No.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

This one is really weird - there MUST be something behind the scenes.

Marko Dano is a better fourth line player than Vesalainen right now...  Lemieux also could use more playing time in the AHL...  

Dano was just taking up space. Lemieux and Vesa both need time to develop and that means playing. Petan still has value. 

I don't love giving away assets for nothing but, jeez, what would you expect to get for Dano? 

I'm not even sure Dano is better than anyone on this team. 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Jets dont really need anyone.  It would be a really strategic thing for a player to hit waivers that made the Jets better.  In season 1, we needed any warm body we could find so the waiver wire was used more.  If a player is good enough the Jets feel they make us better every shift, he's likely not on waivers.

Dano is sort of borderline the type of player Jets would need to be better than to select.  He contributes, he has upside but is he better than three other guys we have?  No.

oh kind of like what Vegas did last season?

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Dano was just taking up space. Lemieux and Vesa both need time to develop and that means playing. Petan still has value. 

I don't love giving away assets for nothing but, jeez, what would you expect to get for Dano? 

I'm not even sure Dano is better than anyone on this team. 

Like I said, I'd have Lemieux playing with the Moose until there's an injury...  but I see he's drawing into the lineup probably for Vesa now...

Just don't like losing a guy for nothing - Jets aren't as deep as we think we are

Just now, Floyd said:

Like I said, I'd have Lemieux playing with the Moose until there's an injury...  but I see he's drawing into the lineup probably for Vesa now...

Just don't like losing a guy for nothing - Jets aren't as deep as we think we are

Yes, they are. They're tons deep. If losing Dano were at all a concern, Chevy would have protected him. 

They can pull Dano's off the waiver all year long.

20 minutes ago, JCon said:

Yes, they are. They're tons deep. If losing Dano were at all a concern, Chevy would have protected him. 

They can pull Dano's off the waiver all year long.

Maurice's explanation sort of told the story.  He said the only thing that matters is the Jets, not the Moose so making the Moose better was a non factor.  They could have sent Lemieux or Vesa down but didnt.  Because they value them on the Jets.  We can debate that but thats why they did it.

We can also assume Dano was not fetching a return or else the Jets would have made a trade (or the return was so low, they valued the opportunity to send him to the Moose more than a late pick).

Moves like this always get fans squawking but team management knows a lot more than we do.  So we have to trust in the plan I guess.  I agree, losing Dano isnt a big deal.

31 minutes ago, Brandon said:

All the experts rave about our depth and how tough it is that we can't play them all.

Chevy's done a great job of stocking up on talent...   we've been spoiled for a few years

Good players on the moose - I just don't see forwards where I say 'he should be in the NHL' right now...

Still have four stacked lines no doubt

• 2 weeks later...