Around The NHL 2018/2019

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

If they can get Mikhail Sergachev for Karlsson do it.

Gotta think its more than just that.. They wanted Glass aka a young center a top d prospect (Brannstrom) and theodore plus 1st from Vegas. 

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Should prob follow Ken Wiebe on twitter... Hes been elite eveywhere hes played from NCAA to AHL to NHL.

Its a fair deal. 

I follow him. He was good pre-NHL. His two seasons prior to this one weren't stellar, but he was great this past season. Goalies are weird and history is littered with guys who had one good year and could never replicate it. I don't think that will happen to him, but I'm surprised he got this much money this early in his career. I guess it's the new NHL, and guys are getting paid coming off their entry contracts now.

It's a very good deal if he maintains this level of play.

At 25 he isn’t actually that early into his career.   Goalies just take longer to marinate. 

I think he only had one RFA year left.   He will be 31 when this contract expires.  

I think it is a reasonable contract, he was a Vezina finalist.  Some concern is justified I think on a regression in his play,  just the nature of goalies.   

On the flip side, if you sign him for a lower AAV, term is shorter, and he may walk in free agency.   Don’t want to go back to having a big ? at the goaltender position.  

There is some good info on twitter with stats etc that show Helle as a very good bet to be a really good goalie.  He's been very good at every level he's played at and had only one poor year.  You cant predict the future but its hard to think he'd regress.  Jets have him locked up for years.

If we're talking half a million per year (which is where I sort of thought it would come in a bit lower), thats not much to complain about it.

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

There is some good info on twitter with stats etc that show Helle as a very good bet to be a really good goalie.  He's been very good at every level he's played at and had only one poor year.  You cant predict the future but its hard to think he'd regress.  Jets have him locked up for years.

If we're talking half a million per year (which is where I sort of thought it would come in a bit lower), thats not much to complain about it.

Some geek on hfboards said that his 907 was a result of 3 bad games.. If not for those 3 where Maurice yanked him very early (Arizona game and 2 others ) he would have been 918. 

Edited by Goalie

19 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The opposing side gets to choose 1 or 2 years.  So in our case, the team would choose.

If the ruling is higher than $4 million-ish, the team can walk away making the player a UFA

So....can you have arbitration on a contract longer then 2?