Around The NHL 2018/2019

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

He ain’t good. But he’s 25 so maybe flanerty can work some magic. No wait, send him to wherever Helle went last season!

We will see. This could be an AHL signing. What ppl need to remember here is 1. Cap issues are legit 2 . backups are getting big money today 3. Trades can and likely will happen

Or it’s just a sign of confidence in Helle but it doesn’t create a scenario where you play your back up 20 games. If it’s for the AHL, I don’t know... unless they intent to keep Comrie up and this is for the moose

it could also speak to the jets signing the absolutely cheapest goalie they could because some big RFA signings are coming. 

Trouba!

Okay, I admit I'm not a hockey expert like some of you guys here. Football is my game & hockey is more of a sidetrack for me but I do love the Jets. That's why I don't engage in much discussion here. So then, someone please explain to me.... According to Cap Geek, before Stasny left we had $28 million in cap space.  Only the NY Islanders were lower at $32 million. All in US $$ numbers. Now Stasny is gone. Just how are we up against the cap even if we have some UFA's like Trouba to sign? The salary cap is set at $79 million US next season. How are we up against the cap exactly??? 

Toronto is at 50.46 million for next season and that is before they have to pay Nylander, Marner, Matthews, Kapanen, Gardiner and a few other D-Men and a back up goalie.If Matthews gets say 11 and Nylander and Marner get say 7 a piece, that's basically no cap room and still a ton of holes on D.