MTL @ SSK - Drew Willy Must Be Benched And Adams Playing

You could see the frustration that Edem had with Carter with the UR in the end zone. I thought for sure he was going to walk over and give Carter a shove for being so stupid.

Watching those Riders does take the sting out of a Bomber loss. That Ticat team that put 31 on us will surely put up 60 on the Criders if they aren't any better than this week.

Whatever point Jones was trying to make with Carter is now hopelessly lost. "Work on technique" ? Good scouting can get you a CB, good coaching to make him better.

Every minute Jones clings to this is ego, at worst incompetence. 

18 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Chris Jones is a bad coach but even worse GM, he dressed only 5 O linemen last night and continues to play his best O player as a db who cant cover anyone, Gave plenty of money to 2 DE's and they d is terrible

Riders were within 2 pts. of the Als at one point late in the 4th Q. in a sold out Mosaic stadium in a town where people really don't have much else to talk about and yet  Jones at no point thinks to put Bridge back in the game to try to salvage a victory.  Bridge is not much of a QB imo. but there is no doubting his physical ability, he can throw the ball a mile and he can run like the wind.  Somewhere in his mixed bag of QB skills and experience I believe he had the wherewithal to put together enough plays to defeat the Als. and yet Jones decided early on not to explore that possibility and pissed away the second half playing Watford.

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Riders were within 2 pts. of the Als at one point late in the 4th Q. in a sold out Mosaic stadium in a town where people really don't have much else to talk about and yet  Jones at no point thinks to put Bridge back in the game to try to salvage a victory.  Bridge is not much of a QB imo. but there is no doubting his physical ability, he can throw the ball a mile and he can run like the wind.  Somewhere in his mixed bag of QB skills and experience I believe he had the wherewithal to put together enough plays to defeat the Als. and yet Jones decided early on not to explore that possibility and pissed away the second half playing Watford.

that one was hard to figure out - with Bridge I think they had a chance as the Als were really not doing that much. I think playing Watford was Jones's way of telling everyone he runs the show in Regina. They now have back to back with Hamilton and it could get ugly in Regina if they drop both games.

11 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Riders have Hamilton (2), Calgary (2) and Edmonton (1) for their next five. 1-7 is a real possibility.

I'm convinced Jones has thrown in the towel and is looking to get out of his Rider contract before next year's salary restrictions cut into his pie, a 1-7 start will virtually finish him off.

6 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I'm convinced Jones has thrown in the towel and is looking to get out of his Rider contract before next year's salary restrictions cut into his pie, a 1-7 start will virtually finish him off.

Yeah no.. he is ego is way to big for that.The guy put all his horses into ZC to show his genius is all...no way he loses on purpose.

34 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I think it's because the only play that worked for Jones last season was pulling Glenn and putting Bridge into the game. That move works because Bridge has at least a bit of experience and it totally changes how a team has to defend because Glenn and Bridge are stylistically such different qbs. You yank Bridge for a less experienced qb of the same ilk though and what are you really changing? All you're doing is flat out downgrading the most important position on the field. 

Jones thinks he is a hell of a lot smarter than he is and it's costing his team games. I for one love it. 

I'd argue to say that Carter isnt there best offensive threat either. Too inconsistent.. make a the odd great play but disappears for stretches..gets the droppsies and as shown last night..takes dumb penalties at bad times...he does it on offense just like on defense.

That..and the fact you can get your left nut guys are tired of his BS there and Jones' insistance to coddle him..fracturing that club house I bet..and his constant yapping and boasts of being so great has to have most of his teammates sick of hearing him on a daily basis..most people just get it once a week but those poor riders get it daily..yikes

2 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

I thought Willy actually played a pretty good game before he went down. It’s too bad he got hurt.

At one point the Bombers were paying Willy $400,000 plus to do what he does, now I doubt he's earning 1/4th of that salary and he's struggling to hold a job on the worst team in the league.

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

At one point the Bombers were paying Willy $400,000 plus to do what he does, now I doubt he's earning 1/4th of that salary and he's struggling to hold a job on the worst team in the league.

Certainly hasn't improved as a qb has he? There has been no growth as a player. Willy  plateaued & has never gotten better. He is what he is & that is a journeyman qb who even has a hard time being a backup.