Should Walters, Miller And The Board Of Directors Put Pressure On MOS To Fire Hall?

Richie Hall Has Got To Go  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Should MOS Be Pressured By Upper Management To Fire Hall?

2 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

12/13 in terms of completion percentage of QB's with over 75 attempts last year.

Coincidentally, the only QB he was more accurate than was Collaros.

ok, guess you're right. seems to have turned it around.

but on seconod thought, he took over a team that was 0 and 8, so probably you would expect some problems. I think he's underrated. or at least has been.

Edited by Mark F

On 2018-07-03 at 6:00 PM, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Did Hall get an extension to coach this year? Is this the last year of Hall's contract?

Pretty sure this is the last season of his contract. I can't see him being retained.

On 2018-07-07 at 1:40 PM, Tracker said:

Consider the source, though.

While I appreciate what Hodge is saying, it's been four games. The defense did play much better last night and the team is now 2-2. Hodge posting this article is a bit premature, especially when comparing to what was a dumpster fire in Hamilton across the board prior to a head coaching change. What took place there last August was more involved than just a DC change.

disclaimer: I am making no excuses for Hall or his system; it's garbage more often than not.

Edited by blue_gold_84
disclaimer added

While Jennings is certainly regressing, I’m glad last night’s defensive game plan didn’t turn into a “Jennings is back!” festivus.  

Instead of burying Bighill into the opposing OL, Hall allowed his MLB to be the impact player we’ve all been expecting and waiting for.  Having Bighill roam the middle meant more support for the db’s and more contested throws (and int’s!).  It’s way more along the lines of how they should have handled the Ti-Cats.  Make the guy throw from the pocket.  With the talent on D qbs like Jennings and even Masoli will eventually beat themselves.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Jennings made some absolutely ugly throws last night...  the Bighill pick-6 was absolutely terrible.  

It does make me wonder once again how a talented athlete like Jennings who shone for two seasons could look so bad now. Oh well, if I knew that, I could write a book and make a lot of money.

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

Jennings made some absolutely ugly throws last night...  the Bighill pick-6 was absolutely terrible.  

He had Rainey underneath and totally over threw him. If he could have connected, Rainy may have scored.. Don't understand why BC went away from their running game.  Stubbornness of keeping to his gameplan and not adjusting Jarius Jackson imo did not call a very good game on top of Jennings not playing well.

6 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Pretty sure this is the last season of his contract. I can't see him being retained.

Consider the source, though.

While I appreciate what Hodge is saying, it's been four games. The defense did play much better last night and the team is now 2-2. Hodge posting this article is a bit premature, especially when comparing to what was a dumpster fire in Hamilton across the board prior to a head coaching change. What took place there last August was more involved than just a DC change.

disclaimer: I am making no excuses for Hall or his system; it's garbage more often than not.

The main problem is if the front 4 isn't hitting the QB, it's defective.  Going bland against the better offenses in this league never works, and that's his problem.  He never changes that approach.

18 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

He had Rainey underneath and totally over threw him. If he could have connected, Rainy may have scored.. Don't understand why BC went away from their running game.  Stubbornness of keeping to his gameplan and not adjusting Jarius Jackson imo did not call a very good game on top of Jennings not playing well.

Hmm, influenced too wrong by Khari maybe?  At least I assume he got a lot of tips on drawing up plays from Khari.

I voted "No" as I  believe this is Osh's decision.   A board and senior management should not micro manage a head coach.   GM and the board get involved in selection of the HC, but they should leave the assistant coaching decisions for the HC to make.      I have great confidence in Osh and believe he will take us to the promised land.

3 hours ago, Jaxon said:

I voted "No" as I  believe this is Osh's decision.   A board and senior management should not micro manage a head coach.   GM and the board get involved in selection of the HC, but they should leave the assistant coaching decisions for the HC to make.      I have great confidence in Osh and believe he will take us to the promised land.

Generally agree with you, but with Hall's track record it would hardly be micro managing. If O'Shea is too stubborn or loyal to do what is necessary then Walters has to step in. If he is not willing it would have to be escalated.

3 hours ago, blitzmore said:

Generally agree with you, but with Hall's track record it would hardly be micro managing. If O'Shea is too stubborn or loyal to do what is necessary then Walters has to step in. If he is not willing it would have to be escalated.

Disagree. If O'Shea does not have the gonads to do what has to be done if it comes to that, he disqualifies himself as a head coach.

10 hours ago, Tracker said:

Disagree. If O'Shea does not have the gonads to do what has to be done if it comes to that, he disqualifies himself as a head coach.

Yeah that's great...so we would be looking for a head coach and defensive coordinator!

4 hours ago, blitzmore said:

Yeah that's great...so we would be looking for a head coach and defensive coordinator!

Do you think that a head coach who cannot bring himself to fire an incompetent subordinate coach will continue to have the respect of his other assistants or players?

23 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Do you think that a head coach who cannot bring himself to fire an incompetent subordinate coach will continue to have the respect of his other assistants or players?

I think MOS will have his locker room as long as he wants it. Players love MOS. You want to lose a room, have management meddle in coaching decisions.

Edited by gcn11

2 hours ago, gcn11 said:

I think MOS will have his locker room as long as he wants it. Players love MOS. You want to lose a room, have management meddle in coaching decisions.

There is no end of coaches who were beloved by players but could not produce. Players in the CFL are driven more by ego (need to win) than by money for the most part. If they see a coach hanging onto a player who cannot compete or a coach, for that matter, that will come out.

I think we all hope it will not have to come down to that.  You certainly would think any more playoff losses in which our offense scores over 30 points yet still loses that he would realize continuing on with a stubborn DC and running a bbdb defense is not the way you're going to get to the cup or win it.  But just feels like 4 years is way too long to keep him and I think a lot of people just want to know in some way that change will come with another 1 and done or a failure to make the cup.

I believe Richie Hall will retire for medical reasons this off season and Jordan Younger will get a promotion to the DC. When I see Richie walking on the field before the games he is getting to the point where he can hardly walk out there. Or at least it looks like he is some kind of pain. Call me crazy but this is what I think is going to happen. 

Edited by Firekid

3 hours ago, Firekid said:

I believe Richie Hall will retire for medical reasons this off season and Jordan Younger will get a promotion to the DC. When I see Richie walking on the field before the games he is getting to the point where he can hardly walk out there. Or at least it looks like he is some kind of pain. Call me crazy but this is what I think is going to happen. 

Yeah well, that still is aggravating if it means another wasted playoff campaign trying to get the ever elusive cup now getting close to 30 years.

On 2018-07-09 at 8:22 PM, blitzmore said:

There is one year left in Hall's contract IIRC, let him finish out his contract as implementing a defensive system after the start of the season is not going to fare any better than continuing with Hall.

That seems to be MOS' thing, honoring contracts- it may pay dividends in attracting top tier coaches in the future.