Should Walters, Miller And The Board Of Directors Put Pressure On MOS To Fire Hall?

Richie Hall Has Got To Go  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Should MOS Be Pressured By Upper Management To Fire Hall?

1 minute ago, Dr. Blue said:

Didn't the receiver fall on the Sayles interception? Don't think he really made an outstanding play...

Yeah, I was just saying that was about all the defense did of note.  Although I think Sayles does have some pretty good potential or at least better than TJ Heath did.

Problem is keeping Richie here is going to waste his talents as it will many other players.

Anyone who thinks that juggling a couple players like safety or wil is going to make a difference is overly optimistic. 

This is just a poorly coached and run defense. Hall thinks he's some sort of blitzing guru but all his blitzing is doing is pulling players out of position costing them big chunks of yards. And we all saw his lame attempts to pressure Masoli. Masoli was getting rid of the ball on the third step of his drop and had max protection, the blitz isn't going to get there, especially when your db's aren't press covering the receivers and throwing off the timing. Dropping our db's out of coverage was just the icing on the shitcake Hall served up.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Bit of a chicken/egg scenario your're creating.  If the Offence wants more time on the field they need to produce first downs consecutively, not look to the D to give them the ball back just so they can go right back out and squander another opportunity with a 2 and out.  Obviously they lost as a team but considering the temp. at field level last night was extreme with added high humidity these conditions exacerbate the T.O.P. difference and once the front 7 were bagged, the DB's were basically left on their own at the hands of Masoli.

Of course they should look to the D to give them the ball back. Every offence wants that! Our D was terrible!

The whole point is that the O cannot get into any kind of a rythm  when they are sitting on the sidelines

for 5 or 10 minutes!

So anyone who thinks it was the O... Are we expecting our 23 yr old rookie QB to put up 40 points a week to win? Cuz right now that's what we have to do. The D needed/needs to step up here.. In 2 of the 3 games they have given up over 1000 yards of 0 and about 70 ish points. That's not stepping up. 

5 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Other than Sayles's interception, No.

Also, even though the offense did have two and outs last night, there were plenty of games last year where our offense was working fine and the defense did nothing to help them.

That is why our friend Dr CFL made a dumb analysis.

Sorry I didn’t realize last year wasn’t still last year. It is in fact the chicken and the egg. If the offence has 55 yds in the 2nd qt and 10 yds in the 3rd...how does that not force the defence back on the field.  Other teams give up tons of yards but still manage to score points and win games. You want to talk last year.....stalled drive fg....fg...fig..... Last year was turnovers, figs and defence scoring points in games. Did the defence suck last night....yes....but the offence was pulling golf balls through the garden hose to my friend.

1 minute ago, DR. CFL said:

Sorry I didn’t realize last year wasn’t still last year. It is in fact the chicken and the egg. If the offence has 55 yds in the 2nd qt and 10 yds in the 3rd...how does that not force the defence back on the field.  Other teams give up tons of yards but still manage to score points and win games. You want to talk last year.....stalled drive fg....fg...fig..... Last year was turnovers, figs and defence scoring points in games. Did the defence suck last night....yes....but the offence was pulling golf balls through the garden hose to my friend.

Even more unbacked fictitious statements spewing out here in a feeble attempt to defend the worst defensive coordinator in CFL history.

Richie Hall has got to go.  PERIOD.  End of story.  Nothing will change my mind EVER.

4 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Even more unbacked fictitious statements spewing out here in a feeble attempt to defend the worst defensive coordinator in CFL history.

Richie Hall has got to go.  PERIOD.  End of story.  Nothing will change my mind EVER.

Just out of curiosity, why do you make these threads if all you do is stifle any discussion in them?

Hell I agree with you ... your approach is just weird 

On 2018-07-01 at 11:42 AM, DR. CFL said:

Who was at fault in that game? EVERYONE.......the defence needs to get the ball back and the offence needs to keep the defence off the field. Neither of those things happened.

To a certain extent this is true. But the largest share of the blame goes to hall. he never adjusted to Hamiltons max pro offense. We knew what was coming, we tried some thing that failed miserably and never adjusted. The cats ran the same routes over and over and over again and still beat us silly. 

It isnt one side of the balls job to single handedly win the game. You especially cant expect that of the offense with a rookie qb. 

It shouldnt and cant be forced from on high. If mos cant figure out the problem and solve it then he is too big a part of it him self. I like him, and he has grown a TON as a coach here. But he has to be able to turn the corner here. Thats some thing thatll happen this year or wont happen here at all. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

To a certain extent this is true. But the largest share of the blame goes to hall. he never adjusted to Hamiltons max pro offense. We knew what was coming, we tried some thing that failed miserably and never adjusted. The cats ran the same routes over and over and over again and still beat us silly. 

Either it’s hard to crack or it isn’t - both things can’t be true. 

2 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Either it’s hard to crack or it isn’t - both things can’t be true. 

It can, when one team is the stamps (perennial power house that cycles through talent at positions that make the rest of the leagues head spin) the rudders who spend and spend and spend and make moves galore but dont move forward and the bombers who take giant steps forward only to fall back. 

The difference is the level of management and coaching. Calgary was far better prepared to counter what hamilton did. And adjusted better. We didnt. The solution isnt the same for every team as I illustrated. A team that lives more off the pressure of blitzing then just off your line it makes sense to beat the max pro with pressure. Jail break blitzes etc. If you are a team that relies on its front 4 for pressure like us, not so much. The answer will be a bit different for each team so you cant just copy paste other teams answers. 

Until its in the past fully its schrodingers cat. Both hard and easy to crack at the same time. 

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

It can, when one team is the stamps (perennial power house that cycles through talent at positions that make the rest of the leagues head spin) the rudders who spend and spend and spend and make moves galore but dont move forward and the bombers who take giant steps forward only to fall back. 

The difference is the level of management and coaching. Calgary was far better prepared to counter what hamilton did. And adjusted better. We didnt. The solution isnt the same for every team as I illustrated. A team that lives more off the pressure of blitzing then just off your line it makes sense to beat the max pro with pressure. Jail break blitzes etc. If you are a team that relies on its front 4 for pressure like us, not so much. The answer will be a bit different for each team so you cant just copy paste other teams answers. 

Until its in the past fully its schrodingers cat. Both hard and easy to crack at the same time. 

giphy.gif

Nice post

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Hold your horses people.  It’s only Game 3 of the year.  

We had one LB returning from a long term injury, a new MLB,  a CB and HB playing new positions, and a new HB and CB playing (rookie and injury replacement).

We were playing st Hamilton’s home opener.  Their fans would have been loud as the team is playing well.  They were loud at 0-9 when I visited last year.

On top of this, the offence had at least 6 two-and-outs in a row.  The defence needs rest.

We had a chance at the goal line to keep hope and missed it in the 4th quarter.  

What else can you ask for week in and week out?

16 minutes ago, ALuCsRED said:

Hold your horses people.  It’s only Game 3 of the year.  

We had one LB returning from a long term injury, a new MLB,  a CB and HB playing new positions, and a new HB and CB playing (rookie and injury replacement).

We were playing st Hamilton’s home opener.  Their fans would have been loud as the team is playing well.  They were loud at 0-9 when I visited last year.

On top of this, the offence had at least 6 two-and-outs in a row.  The defence needs rest.

We had a chance at the goal line to keep hope and missed it in the 4th quarter.  

What else can you ask for week in and week out?

Doesn't matter if it's only week 3.  Hall has been given 3 going on 4 years to fix this sh-t and has done nothing except **** it up even more.  No more rope should be given except enough for him to hang himself with.

7 hours ago, wbbfan said:

It shouldnt and cant be forced from on high. If mos cant figure out the problem and solve it then he is too big a part of it him self. I like him, and he has grown a TON as a coach here. But he has to be able to turn the corner here. Thats some thing thatll happen this year or wont happen here at all. 

Fair enough but ... Well the poll results are speaking for themselves.

6 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Does Schrodinger's Cat know defense? Does he want a DC job with the Bombers??

8 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Doesn't matter if it's only week 3.  Hall has been given 3 going on 4 years to fix this sh-t and has done nothing except **** it up even more.  No more rope should be given except enough for him to hang himself with.

It does matter that it’s week 3.  No team has ever won the Grey Cup in July.  They never will either.  

CFL is about getting to the playoffs, staying healthy, then peaking at the right time.