Should Walters, Miller And The Board Of Directors Put Pressure On MOS To Fire Hall?

Richie Hall Has Got To Go  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Should MOS Be Pressured By Upper Management To Fire Hall?

27 minutes ago, ALuCsRED said:

It was 6 in a row they said at one point.  That means one tired defence for us.

Yeah but the defense didn't get themselves off the field in the first half either when the offense was moving the ball. If they were tired it's their own fault for not getting themselves off the field. How many punts did Hamilton have? I think they had their first punt late in the 2nd quarter and then I don't remember another one until about 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter... Sometimes the D has to step up and get the ball back for a rookie qb when things get bogged down. Let the offense get things going cause as it was they were standing around on the sidelines with their thumbs up their asses because of the defense most of the night. 

33 minutes ago, ALuCsRED said:

It was 6 in a row they said at one point.  That means one tired defence for us.

Of course they were tired, they couldn't stop a flea...that wasn't the reason they were terrible

it was the game plan, and they never adjusted. I don't blame the players only one person to

blame on defence...and it's not the offence

17 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah but the defense didn't get themselves off the field in the first half either when the offense was moving the ball. If they were tired it's their own fault for not getting themselves off the field. How many punts did Hamilton have? I think they had their first punt late in the 2nd quarter and then I don't remember another one until about 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter... Sometimes the D has to step up and get the ball back for a rookie qb when things get bogged down. Let the offense get things going cause as it was they were standing around on the sidelines with their thumbs up their asses because of the defense most of the night. 

Winner post right here drives nail in Hall's coffin.

2 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

If the Board starts meddling in football operations, we'll have taken a giant step back. 

I think we all understand that we don't want to go back to the old dark days of upper management micromanaging the product on the field.  It's more that we can tell who on this coaching staff is not cutting it, and it seems O'Shea is too reluctant to cut them loose.  I would only fire MOS for not firing someone on his staff as a last resort, but I see the middle ground in upper management putting the heat on him to do it as completely reasonable.  If he feels the heat, he just might do it and save his own firing.

57 minutes ago, ALuCsRED said:

It does matter that it’s week 3.  No team has ever won the Grey Cup in July.  They never will either.  

CFL is about getting to the playoffs, staying healthy, then peaking at the right time.

None of which ever happen with Richie Hall's defenses.

17 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

Hall's prep for Hamilton's double tight was lousy ... they played it in both previous games giving Hall plenty of film to study ... is it (1) stubbornness  or (2) inability to adapt?

To be honest I think it’s an underestimation of Masoli.  Would have been better off forcing him to make throws than read blitz and move the ball quickly.  They were prepared for that.

Some here may be missing the point. If it comes down to the GM or board seeing that Hall is irreparably inept and O'Shea does not want or is unable to make the necessary changes, then to has to mean that they have lost confidence in O'Shea. I suggest that this would mean O'Shea is a dead man walking.

1 hour ago, Blueandgold said:

Masoli usually struggles with his accuracy

Masoli holds the CFL record for consecutive completions.

When you find yourself trailing by 25 points early in the third quarter it certainly takes the element of surprise from your offensive arsenal. That is exactly what Masoli was facing when he completed his first of a record-breaking 23 passes in a row on the road against the defending Grey Cup champion Edmonton Eskimos.

Look what he did with the team that collaros went 0 and 8 with.

The idea that Masoli is not good dies hard.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Some here may be missing the point. If it comes down to the GM or board seeing that Hall is irreparably inept and O'Shea does not want or is unable to make the necessary changes, then to has to mean that they have lost confidence in O'Shea. I suggest that this would mean O'Shea is a dead man walking.

There’s a point here?

1 hour ago, Blueandgold said:

Masoli usually struggles with his accuracy, we should also give some credit where it's due. He played an exceptional game against us.

By no means does that make me a Richie Hall fan, I'm just saying that it's a two way street.

He didn’t have to be very accurate on Friday.  He just had to get the ball out at the end of his drop, put some air under it and let his receivers work to it.

There was no need to think and that just makes it easy.  Need a combination of pressure and tight passing windows, and not knowing what they’ll be facing in a given coverage/pressure.  That’s a recipe to beat any QB in this league.

Against some guys you don't want to give them a bunch of time to sit and pick you apart, but against someone like Masoli I think you are far better off just letting him have time and making him think. All he did on Friday night was drop back and throw the ball to where his pre-snap read took him. Blitzing didn't do ****, especially when you give guys a 5 yard cushion because the ball was out to a wide open man before anyone can get there. Shoulda cluttered up those intermediate routes and made him make some actual decisions with the ball. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Against some guys you don't want to give them a bunch of time to sit and pick you apart, but against someone like Masoli I think you are far better off just letting him have time and making him think. All he did on Friday night was drop back and throw the ball to where his pre-snap read took him. Blitzing didn't do ****, especially when you give guys a 5 yard cushion because the ball was out to a wide open man before anyone can get there. Shoulda cluttered up those intermediate routes and made him make some actual decisions with the ball. 

Agreed, a guy like Reilly certainly will try and buy that extra time to go chucking it deeper downfield where as Masoli will be content to live off of short and intermediary slant/seam routes all day.

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

I don't think that has to necessarily be the case.  Seems like the narrative I constantly hear is that MOS doesn't entirely like the bend but don't break defense, but he likes turnover generating.  Also seems like he always gets in a dilemma about Hall's future and then ends up just letting him stick around.

The way that's kept up, us fans don't want to have to deal with his hesitation on the matter anymore and if Miller, Walters and the BOD put their hands on the scales, Hall's exit will be assured.  I don't think O'Shea had to be fired if that happens.  He just must be told to go get an instant upgrade non-BBDB defensive coordinator.

3 hours ago, Mark F said:

Masoli holds the CFL record for consecutive completions.

Look what he did with the team that collaros went 0 and 8 with.

The idea that Masoli is not good dies hard.

12/13 in terms of completion percentage of QB's with over 75 attempts last year.

Coincidentally, the only QB he was more accurate than was Collaros.

3 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Agreed, a guy like Reilly certainly will try and buy that extra time to go chucking it deeper downfield where as Masoli will be content to live off of short and intermediary slant/seam routes all day.

I don't think that has to necessarily be the case.  Seems like the narrative I constantly hear is that MOS doesn't entirely like the bend but don't break defense, but he likes turnover generating.  Also seems like he always gets in a dilemma about Hall's future and then ends up just letting him stick around.

The way that's kept up, us fans don't want to have to deal with his hesitation on the matter anymore and if Miller, Walters and the BOD put their hands on the scales, Hall's exit will be assured.  I don't think O'Shea had to be fired if that happens.  He just must be told to go get an instant upgrade non-BBDB defensive coordinator.

To use a metaphor, if you were the GM of an organization and you had a national sales manager who hired three dud regional sales mangers in a row, keeping the last one for going three years despite an abysmal sales record each year, what would you do with that national sales manager?