Queue the Riders latest saviour...

jazzsax

2 hours ago, Booch said:

truly think Jones is an idiot..they are as thin as you can be at DB..already have a receiver playing there..and now sign a qb to try at cornerback and cut only true db they had on the PR...like Wtf?!?

Guy just tries to "appear" he is smarter than everyone and is some kind of talent guru...but really for a lack of a better word is a putz

Not to mention no olineman other than some regina jr players on PR and the worst oline in the league by far..soon as season really kicks in and some injuries occur..look out. It will become Montreal West..

Johnson also played cornerback Thursday - and he had an interception return for a TD in one drill.

Gardner is expected to dress for Saturday’s game, so he's on a crash course to learn the offence.

"If he was to go in the game, I told him he needs to know about five plays," Roughriders head coach-GM Chris Jones said. "We've got to be able to run the football some with him and he’s got to know five passing plays in order to get us through the game if he's playing this early."

Defensive tackle Eddie Steele has lined up at guard all week and he's expected to play both ways against the Als.

"You've got to do what you've got to do for the team," Steele said. "It's not unfamiliar territory; I started a couple of games (on the Edmonton Eskimos' O-line) back in 2015."

The Roughriders appear set to use newly signed Mic'hael Brooks in their rotation at defensive tackle alongside Zack Evans and Makana Henry. Steele could get some time there while also backing up on the O-line.

"I don't (have a preference)," Steele said. "It's football and I like playing football. O-line is slowly growing on me, but I'm still wearing the green shirt (of a defensive player) in practice."

https://www.riderville.com/2018/06/28/notebook-david-watford-ready-called-upon/

1 hour ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Johnson also played cornerback Thursday - and he had an interception return for a TD in one drill.

Gardner is expected to dress for Saturday’s game, so he's on a crash course to learn the offence.

"If he was to go in the game, I told him he needs to know about five plays," Roughriders head coach-GM Chris Jones said. "We've got to be able to run the football some with him and he’s got to know five passing plays in order to get us through the game if he's playing this early."

Defensive tackle Eddie Steele has lined up at guard all week and he's expected to play both ways against the Als.

"You've got to do what you've got to do for the team," Steele said. "It's not unfamiliar territory; I started a couple of games (on the Edmonton Eskimos' O-line) back in 2015."

The Roughriders appear set to use newly signed Mic'hael Brooks in their rotation at defensive tackle alongside Zack Evans and Makana Henry. Steele could get some time there while also backing up on the O-line.

"I don't (have a preference)," Steele said. "It's football and I like playing football. O-line is slowly growing on me, but I'm still wearing the green shirt (of a defensive player) in practice."

This seems unbelievably stupid, Jones isn't dealing with an unexpected rash of injuries, this is a crisis entirely of his own making.  He has managed his personnel so poorly, that as it stands he has absolutely no depth at key positions and is still auditioning mystery players at starting positions going into week 3 of the season.  If I didn't suspect the man to be a complete imbecile, I would think him to be a Captain attempting to burn his own ship down to the waterline. 

Are Rider fans still drinking this kool-aid?

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

Imagine if you told Rider fans three years ago that three years into their rebuild, they’d be playing Eddie Steele at OL, Duron Carter would be their full time cornerback, two of their four cornerbacks were Auburn’s #1 and #2 QBs, their starting defensive tackle was a Canadian who started his career at 30 years old because it got derailed for cocaine charges, Sam Hurl would be their starting middle linebacker, they were using three Americans on the OL and still couldn’t keep their starting QB healthy and they were now scouting the Japanese pro circuit for depth.

10 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

This whole thing literally sounds like it was written by a Canadian version of The Onion Sports...

46 minutes ago, Mike said:

Imagine if you told Rider fans three years ago that three years into their rebuild, they’d be playing Eddie Steele at OL, Duron Carter would be their full time cornerback, two of their four cornerbacks were Auburn’s #1 and #2 QBs, their starting defensive tackle was a Canadian who started his career at 30 years old because it got derailed for cocaine charges, Sam Hurl would be their starting middle linebacker, they were using three Americans on the OL and still couldn’t keep their starting QB healthy and they were now scouting the Japanese pro circuit for depth.

This is now known as The Plan........

It's very comical..he has no business managing a team...none whatsoever

When you tie up about half your SMS into 2 QBs..2 recievrrs(one of which u flipped to corner) an aging cdn olineman and rb...and 3 defensive lineman..well this is what you get..fringe at best supporting starters..zero depth anywhere and no quality cdns because u can't afford them.

The next few weeks should be interesting there and if any injuries hit..they are royally screwed. 

I soo hope the MTL defense comes into this game with a huge chip on their shoulders and lays a beating on  them

Edited by Booch

CFL media poll May 27 

Which team will win the West Division? (73 votes)

32% Calgary Stampeders (23 votes)
30% Edmonton Eskimos (22 votes)
29% Saskatchewan Roughriders (21 votes)
7% Winnipeg Blue Bombers (5 votes)
3% BC Lions (2 votes)

“The Riders improved on their weaknesses in the off-season and with Zach Collaros and Brandon Bridge, should get more consistent play at QB. They could be scary good.”

“Saskatchewan will finish first in the division but enter way too confident and inexperienced. The veteran Stampeders will ‘upset’ them in the Western Final and finally finish the deal with a younger, more motivated group.”

😂

Edited by Mark F

14 hours ago, Mark F said:

Japanese football league actually looks pretty exciting based on that video.

Those didn't actually seem that impressive if you realise that was the entire season.  Certainly you can see a couple players way above the rest. I am guessing one of the allowed imports. 

44 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

Those didn't actually seem that impressive if you realise that was the entire season.  Certainly you can see a couple players way above the rest. I am guessing one of the allowed imports. 

Yah, you can pick them out because the Japanese players have really short legs, but so did Normie Kwong and he did alright.