Friday: Masoli vs, Streveler, Timmis vs. Harris, Banks vs. Demski

BigBlue

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Even in that dismal team you can see evidence of this. Blown out by calgary, bounce back against montreal. Blown out on LD, bounce back to win in BJB. 

In this era of athletes, the difference between elite teams and bottom dwellers is seldom over all talent level. Its preparation, motivation, work ethic etc. Top teams tend to have better distributions of talent, but you still have a ton of big time play makers on the worst teams in the league right now. The 3 teams that dont make the play offs will still get wins. And there is always a good chance that win will come off a big loss. 

Because nothing motivates, fuels you to get your self into a better situation and work to prepare then getting punched in the mouth. 

For my money bc, montreal, and ssk are the three teams poised to be the bottom tier of the league. But its still early and they can fight out of that position. 

Jury's out on Collaros. So far the early indications are that he's never going to be an elite qb again. If that's the case then the Riders are hooped. Brandon Bridge is a marginal starter at best & may win them only a handful of games.  Someone needs to ask the Riders twitter account how's their qb situation? 

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Jury's out on Collaros. So far the early indications are that he's never going to be an elite qb again. If that's the case then the Riders are hooped. Brandon Bridge is a marginal starter at best & may win them only a handful of games.  Someone needs to ask the Riders twitter account how's their qb situation? 

I think if Collaros had a good o-line (like ours 😁) he would find his pre-shell shocked form.

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I think hes shot. Maybe some flashes here n there with the riders, enough to keep them hanging on this year. But even with the weapons they have, he wont be league average. Especially behind that Ol and with that offense they run. 

I think bridge has some up side, hes worth developing. the sooner they commit to him and write off collaros the better, but Im fine with them suffering a while. bridge may not be the next franklin level prospect. But he is better then a bunch of the back ups in league now. 

🤣Im not the twitter type, or the type to rub it in. But i would get a good laugh out of their response. That franchise needs to rebrand and get some character. The bad boy jail blazers thing only work for a while. and only when you win. 

1 minute ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I think if Collaros had a good o-line (like ours 😁) he would find his pre-shell shocked form.

He would play his best no doubt. But even here I think his best football is in the past. Maybe a couple years backing up could bring it back though. Its not shell shock with him. its bad decisions and in ability to be consistent with his location on passes. Doesnt help his deep ball looks like a duck either. 

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Chip on shoulder? Tsn kept saying how mild mannered he was.  Guy is a good person but still I am not sold on him...

Ok, i was just guessing about the shoulder, but

If you’re still hating Jeremiah Masoli after this one, I don’t know what to say. For the second straight week Hamilton’s No. 8 out-dueled a former MOP. Last week, it was Bo Levi Mitchell; this week, it was Mike Reilly. Masoli put on a clinic against Edmonton, completing 19-of-29 passes for 332 yards, three touchdowns and one interception. He also added another 59 yards along the ground on seven carries. It was a masterful performance by Masoli and one that really should silence every critic he has. He went into a tough environment with his team needing a win and played wonderfully

3downnation

He's a good quarterback.

Edited by Mark F

12 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I think hes shot. Maybe some flashes here n there with the riders, enough to keep them hanging on this year. But even with the weapons they have, he wont be league average. Especially behind that Ol and with that offense they run. 

I think bridge has some up side, hes worth developing. the sooner they commit to him and write off collaros the better, but Im fine with them suffering a while. bridge may not be the next franklin level prospect. But he is better then a bunch of the back ups in league now. 

🤣Im not the twitter type, or the type to rub it in. But i would get a good laugh out of their response. That franchise needs to rebrand and get some character. The bad boy jail blazers thing only work for a while. and only when you win. 

Except we don't know what that is and I feel I sold Streveler short by comparing him to Franklin.

Franklin's numbers weren't impressive the other night, and by no means am I writing him off or anything.  But it could well be the Argos may have been sold a bill of goods that may not be quite what they had hoped for.

I think with the Argos it's a matter of the rest of the league believing they were better than they actually were. I was out on Saturday and didn't see their game against Calgary, but they were god awful against the Riders in week one and based on the results were as bad against the Stamps. That team is not looking like a danger to repeat as champs. 

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I think with the Argos it's a matter of the rest of the league believing they were better than they actually were. I was out on Saturday and didn't see their game against Calgary, but they were god awful against the Riders in week one and based on the results were as bad against the Stamps. That team is not looking like a danger to repeat as champs. 

They are in danger of not winning a game if Ray is out. Good thing for them a one win season probably gets them second place in the East.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Their OL appears to be having issues, and I suspect had Ricky Ray known this would happen he would have chosen to retire instead of going out and taking the punishment he has this season.

But also I think Marc Trestman is trying to rely on Wilder too much almost like Lapo does sometimes on Harris.  Trestman is a good if not great coach, but he's been going too conservative so far this season and it's killing TO's offense.  I think he has to get back to opening his playbook up again to get that team rolling.

33 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Wilder put a big target on his back. 

Which is why Trestman should change up his playcalling a bit, unless it's Ricky Ray who's force feeding or passing the ball to Wilder.  All I can say is that's getting too predictable out there.

Edited by USABomberfan

#Bombers DB Anthony Gaitor will miss this week’s game vs the #TiCats with a lower-body injury. Pat Neufeld is questionable — sporting a wrap on his knee today. O’Shea says Andrew Harris is fine.

Big opportunity for Spooner or Couture to seize the starting position. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

23 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

#Bombers DB Anthony Gaitor will miss this week’s game vs the #TiCats with a lower-body injury. Pat Neufeld is questionable — sporting a wrap on his knee today. O’Shea says Andrew Harris is fine.

Two games? Yeesh.

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

Gaitor out is honestly addition by subtraction if you ask me 

Kinda agree. For the most he was target the most by the opposing QBs. Good thing Leggett is back, and we probably see Sayles (the new Carmichael) promoted to the 44 

Are we calling Steven Clarke back? 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Spooner is on the 6 game so it looks like it’s coutures spot as of right now 

Edited by Albertabomberguy

Couture at LG doesn't really worry me ... we have to let these guys play at some point, training wheels off. If he sinks, he sinks. Between Bryant and Goossen, I don't think one bad game from a LG is going to be the end all be all.

I hope we see Sayles come off the PR in Gaitor's spot. I don't want Leggett taking on full time HB duties, kick returns and missed field goal returns ... yet