Weston Dressler - Is he stil relevant?

B-F-F-C

55 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Disagree...at some point in time Dressler's contract is going to cause the team to move on to a more cap friendly contract.  

People probably think I don't like the guy but you couldn't be more wrong.  I just see the probability of younger and cheaper receivers moving up the depth chart and pricing himself off the team.    

An injury or two this season and Dressler will make the decision himself in the offseason.  It would send the wrong message if Walters cut him to save a few bucks.

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

An injury or two this season and Dressler will make the decision himself in the offseason.  It would send the wrong message if Walters cut him to save a few bucks.

Salary this year won’t be an issue if Streveler keeps this up. I see Nichols being held out for the full 6 games as long as Streveler is winning games.  This of coarse will save a load of cap space.

On 2018-06-23 at 6:25 AM, B-F-F-C said:

Maybe it's that Streveler hasn't developed a rapport with him yet but I feel that Dressler is the forgotten man in the offence.  Sure they try the odd end around with him but nothing downfield.  Every time I see  him in the huddle I think "who let O'Shea's 10 yr old kid on the field".  

Yes, I know he's a proven vet and his knowledge of the game and the position is unmatched.  But I wonder if he's still an integral piece of the receiving corps?  Guys like Wolitarski, Demski and Adams are now being utilized alot more and of course there's Bowman who is our possession receiver.  

Is it time to move on and use Dressler as the 5th receiver?     

I have played basketball with him a couple years ago while he was still in Regina but he has another whole gear to him. Most of the game was me getting the D-board and playing QB on the deep pass for a fast break because the other pointgaurd could not keep up. I bet we will see some deep balls heading his way and if not he still demands coverage on all plays.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I don't think any Canadian Receiver has eclipsed 3 TD's in a season in a long time....

** JFG had 3 TDs last year too but not 4 as you say

I think Stoddard might be the last to have gotten 4 in 2001 which was also his biggest year production wise with like 526 yards on 34 catches.  Next closest was probably Cory watson with 3 tds in 2014.

fun fact: in 3 years Kito Poblah got 0 TDs with the bombers (tho did get 1 with BC) SOOOO...  safe to say between Poblah,  Waggonner and Wolitarsky,  drew is hands down the best supplemental player we've ever snagged

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

23 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

** JFG had 3 TDs last year too but not 4 as you say

I think Stoddard might be the last to have gotten 4 in 2001 which was also his biggest year production wise with like 526 yards on 34 catches.  Next closest was probably Cory watson with 3 tds in 2014.

fun fact: in 3 years Kito Poblah got 0 TDs with the bombers (tho did get 1 with BC) SOOOO...  safe to say between Poblah,  Waggonner and Wolitarsky,  drew is hands down the best supplemental player we've ever snagged

Both Wolitarsky and Petermann look to be physical receivers who are going to help clear out areas and make more room for the high speed receivers and the RB's, the upgrade of Natl. receiver talent this year looks nothing short of amazing.  

6 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Both Wolitarsky and Petermann look to be physical receivers who are going to help clear out areas and make more room for the high speed receivers and the RB's, the upgrade of Natl. receiver talent this year looks nothing short of amazing.  

Just loved the block that Wolitarsky threw to spring Harris down the sidelines in the 1Q of the Montreal game. He patiently stuck with his block during a slow developing play and then took out both his man and the guy pursuing Harris. 

(that was the play where Harris straightarmed a guy and Cuthbert got all excited about it, not noticing the double block by #82)

kinda wish Petermann had stuck with the #71 he wore in training camp -- that's a good-looking number on a Bomber receiver.

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Kito Poblah... nobody looked so stylish dropping TD passes. I recall him laying out for passes like his life depended on making the catch; too bad his hands were concrete.

22 hours ago, Brandon said:

No love for JFG?

The funny thing is that Julian was a productive receiver... and we soooo happy just to have a serviceable Cdn WR... now we have 4 that (so far) appear to be better than that one we had a couple years ago...

2 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

Kito Poblah... nobody looked so stylish dropping TD passes. I recall him laying out for passes like his life depended on making the catch; too bad his hands were concrete.

Ugh. What a bust that guy was. Man we've had a lot of crap Canadian wide receivers over the last 20 years. I liked Kolhert but I think it was a case of him being the tallest midget. He was a step or two above the garbage we've had over the years. Demski/Wolitarski/Petermann/Simonise?!?! Wowzers! Talk about a 180! From junk to embarrassment of riches!