3 stars plus HH sacre bleu edition!

wbbfan

1.  Streveler

9 scoring drives.....Streveler is able to combine his obvious dual threat athletic ability....with the capability, even at this early point... to run the full O package, at a extremely high level.  Displayed poise, presence and some moxie..... that his teammates are already responding to. 

2.  Lapo

That O package he cooked up this week.... was simple excellent on all fronts, lots of variations, and great use of all potential weapons on O.  Steveler looked real "coached up" in this one

3.  D-Line

Opo and Nevis were killing it.   Huge pressure on Willy from the line. 

HM

Canadians on O

Jumping out of the wood work- Wolitarsky with his coming out party, big plays from Simonise. solid work from Demski and Lafrance.  Petermann can ball.   Crazy depth.

Harris (duh)

Goosen
Becoming a designated go-to guy, for straightening out people on the field

Medlock

Looking like a machine, again

1 hour ago, Rod Black said:

Someone took a grapefruit and wore it like a hat 

I saw someone under my kitchen table, Talking to my old tom cat

They were talking about hockey And the cat was talkin back

Along about then everything went black

my choices remain, if I could change selections I would, but yeah, goosen was a beast. 

Ugh. Now that song is stuck in my ear. 

went and had a look at comments when they drafted wolitarsky, you guys were accurate in your opinions, for instance

JuranBoldenRules :

3rd round is stupid value, stupid good.  Julian Lynch was a 2nd round pick this year.  None of the receivers taken in this years draft have anything near the production of Wolitarsky at the level he played at, NCAA power 5 conference Big 10.  I'd bet if he went in this past draft class he'd be a 1st or early 2nd rounder.

looking at his highlight video from the gophers, It looks to me as though he's a much better player now. A lot faster, and a more fluid runner. and things that I can't see, his understanding of the game I expect is significantly increased.

Seems some of these young guys are working very hard and smart year round, and it's paying off for them and the team. 

Edited by Mark F

14 hours ago, wbbfan said:

1 Streveler. 22/28 246 3 tds 10 carries for 98 and 1 more td. Nubrady gets scarier and scarier. 

2 ogopogo. 4 tackles, 2 sacks 1 tfl i counted atleast 3 other pressures and a pick on a crazy tip that was called back. 

3 Harris 6 catches for 68 yards 15 carries for 58 more. Tons of hard running lots of broken tackles. The als played the run well and harris still had a big impact. 

HH. Mo with the out of no where solo tackle on logan. The whole team exploded and mo showed great wheels. 

Do you have the final game stats from last night. Thanks. 

The “non-import” receivers had me thinking of Joe Pop too.  Almost like real weapons rather than token Canadians.

Loved Mo on the last play of a blowout game downfield first to tackle returner.  He makes me believe.

Happy Oline always a good thing.

For 25 years why can’t we discover new quarterbacks like other teams.  Maybe ....

Blowing out other team ... huge yardage discrepancy ... for us ... feels like the mid80s again.

(It was just Montreal) NA NA NA NA can’t hear you.

8 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I'm not so naïve as to anoint Streveler yet as the next great QB in the CFL, but I like what I see.  You expect mistakes from a rookie, and he made a few, and luckily didn't pay for them.  That deep bomb that should have been picked off, and the other play where he had Darvin all alone to his left but dumped it into the middle to Demski instead.  You expect these mistakes from rookies.  But the mistakes are so few and far between, I am actually kind of in awe.  This kid has picked up the game so quick.  Just fun to watch.  Is Nichols going to get his job back?  That's my big question.

also consider that most of the "rookies" we're comparing him to are actually guys who were around on practice rosters or holding clipboards for a few seasons and had a familiarity with the Canadian game.

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Seeing Muama laughing late in the 4th quarter acting like he was 46 points ahead when he was really 46 points behind.  Priceless.

Watching Muamba whiff on a tackle while Streveler blew right by him was hugely satisfying.  Like seeing your enemies smited satisfying.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

2 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Thanks very much Jpan. Those are the specific facts I was looking for. Don’t ask me why I couldn’t find them without asking, but I sure as heck couldn’t. Thanks again. Tremendous yardage. 

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

Thanks for the link. Appreciate it. 

Cfl - highlights - game recaps - game - game tracker - box score

and scroll, scroll, scroll. 

“Black, I’m calling you dumbass, I hope your proud of yourself, distracting people from their lives. You weren’t trying hard enough to get those stats. Get on the floor and give me 50.”  “Sir yes sir”.

giphy.gif

Edited by Rod Black

10 hours ago, no71 said:

The “non-import” receivers had me thinking of Joe Pop too.  Almost like real weapons rather than token Canadians.

Agreed. It's a little early to say this, but I think this is the first time in a looong time that we have more than one Canadian receiving threat on this team (might have to go back as far as Poplawski and House).

19 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

And Wolitarsky is going to have to change his name to Joe Pop.  That TD he scored after catching the pass over the middle was vintage Joe Pop.  I had to look at my phone and make sure I hadn't time warped back to 1984.

I was gaulking at the shoulder pads .... how different than today's modern equipment

10 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

Agreed. It's a little early to say this, but I think this is the first time in a looong time that we have more than one Canadian receiving threat on this team (might have to go back as far as Poplawski and House).

honestly I do think it has been that long.  I've never seen a Canadian receiving corp on the Bombers this strong in the 40+ years I've been watching them.  Granted when I was a kid I never thought about or cared where the players came from.  I just knew they were amazingly good.

On 2018-06-23 at 1:58 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Seeing Muama laughing late in the 4th quarter acting like he was 46 points ahead when he was really 46 points behind.  Priceless.

Really shows finally he is not a guy we want around our team. If the score had been reversed you know bighill would be pissed and trying to motivate his guys.

On 2018-06-23 at 11:05 AM, Mark F said:

went and had a look at comments when they drafted wolitarsky, you guys were accurate in your opinions, for instance

JuranBoldenRules :

looking at his highlight video from the gophers, It looks to me as though he's a much better player now. A lot faster, and a more fluid runner. and things that I can't see, his understanding of the game I expect is significantly increased.

Seems some of these young guys are working very hard and smart year round, and it's paying off for them and the team. 

the hype for wolitarsky was real. He came in abit out of shape and behind the curve missing tc etc. But man he is living up to it now.