Bombers' Redemption Day - Game Day Thread: Alouettes

BigBlue

20 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

I understand everyone is on a high here with the win but....when did a football team last win with Drew Willy as their starting QB?

When's the last time a rookie QB straight from college lead his team to  a win where they scored over 50 points?

55 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

How do you take him out if in six weeks he is averaging these kinda numbers though ?.......

Well, I'm not downplaying what he did tonight cuz the Guy is good but... Lets be serious. That was Montreal... Bombers had the ball for prob 40 minutes.. Maybe more? 

He was good but hes playing until Nichols is back.. Which might be soon or maybe they don't rush him now. 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Streveler and Nichols have one shared trait and it's the most important one... they are leaders on the field and everything flows from there. They have that confidence and the team plays with the same confidence.

Considering Pierce is the QB coach, they both have playing styles that are very similar styles to ol' Bucky.

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Well, I'm not downplaying what he did tonight cuz the Guy is good but... Lets be serious. That was Montreal... Bombers had the ball for prob 40 minutes.. Maybe more? 

He was good but hes playing until Nichols is back.. Which might be soon or maybe they don't rush him now. 

There is definitely no need to rush Matt back into action the way this is going.

The competition is probably going to be tougher next week with what the TiCats are doing to the Risks right now.  But still ... Too much good and promise with both Streveler and Bennett to rush Nichols back at all.  I say wait until he's at 100℅.

36 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Als are losers in more ways than one. Especially Muamba. Losing looks good on him. Looking forward to seeing him cut this off season.  The other thing I noticed is how many Als defenders were smiling & laughing down by 46 points. 

Noticed that too. I'd be pissed as a fan, coach, teammate. What the hell are you happy about loosing by 40+?!?!?

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Love this quote from jackass muamba: 

“A great middle-linebacker will take ownership and responsibility for that type of play,” said Henoc Muamba. Great? Maybe in your own mind buddy. If you were so great you wouldnt be one and done year after year. Enjoy the east basement jagoff.

A great middle linebacker likely doesnt lose his jock trying to stop a rookie QB from running... Hey Henoc we had 245 or so rushing yards... That's not great. 

Just now, do or die said:

Family matters popped up.....missed a big chunk of the game.

Next week

No prob...  aside from a small drive in the 3rd quarter... the Als did absolutely nothing and Streveler was making great throws all night long.    Our guys also caught everything thrown at them... no bad drops to kill drives.  

Just now, Goalie said:

A great middle linebacker likely doesnt lose his jock trying to stop a rookie QB from running... Hey Henoc we had 245 or so rushing yards... That's not great. 

It was really comical in the 3rd quarter when they were down by 30 and Muamba is dancing on the field and taunting the Blue because he made a routine tackle after we gained 5 yards.     Blows my mind that the guy would even consider doing anything like that after his team and himself have been badly burned for 99% of the game.  

Masoli is on fire tonight. If we had played Montreal last week and Edmonton tonight, I think we would be 2-0. Next week's game will be interesting. It's early to think about Streveler vs Nichols but that too could become a nice problem.