Riders- Blacks Thursday

BigBlue

The Riders are basically playing with 10 players and 2 bodies - Sam Hurl and Duron Carter. And yes, I did see the pick 6. I only give him credit for making a decent catch on a poorly thrown ball. Not as easy as last year's pick 6, but still, it wasn’t his defensive play that caused that turnover. 

Carter on D? OK, if you really want it Chris, but it doesn’t make you look smart..at all.

Well, that online is doing pretty good for Ottawa with Johnson starting at tackle for the first time, and Korte starting his first CFL game. Of course it would have helped Sask. if somebody had given Hughes a ride to the game from Parliament Hill where they must have left him, because he sure wasn’t there at the game..

0 sacks for Sask? No, there are a lot of sad sacs hanging about.

6 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I am not happy with the game. I'm here to face the music.  I thought we would win. I actually thought we would run the ball a bit and bring some pressure

think you'll have to come back tomorrow for your penance. looks like everyone's gone elsewhere.  

Edited by Mark F

I’d love to see the count down clock of “games til Jones is fired”. He is a menace to the league. If he sticks in SK he will ruin that franchise. Will need to reconcile the menace to league canned view, with a desire to see the SK franchise moved to a location suitable for a Scooner team. I’ll work on the reconciliation. 

Edited by Rod Black

29 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Well, that online is doing pretty good for Ottawa with Johnson starting at tackle for the first time, and Korte starting his first CFL game. Of course it would have helped Sask. if somebody had given Hughes a ride to the game from Parliament Hill where they must have left him, because he sure wasn’t there at the game..

0 sacks for Sask? No, there are a lot of sad sacs hanging about.

ORB's looked pretty good for their first game out, new D and the offence looked potent and creative.  Should be a major team to contend with this season which I don't think anyone would have predicted.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

Taken out to the woodshed...and what about the vaunted defensive front and receiving Corp????...

Few thoughts...actually Moncreif and Eggouven or however it's spelled are ballers and kept this game closer than it should have been..they are good.

Not sure why they keep this Carter pandering..its pathetic. The try to dissect the INT ten diff ways how good he was but in actuality he grabbed a poorly thrown ball that hit him in numbers when Harris effed up and flubbed it inside instead of the out Spencer was running and he fell trying to contort back to the ball.

Why not focus on his getting beat deep.. or his pathetic tackle attempts throughout the game when he basically dives at a ball carrier.. maybe review the Powel run where you know who came in off edge and totally Hurl'd it and missed.

I was thinking does he ever shut up?? I guess he does when he gets schooled and his team gets stomped..takes the wind right out of their collective pandering for the cameras and showboating after even the most generic of plays.. is it just me or is that whole team just full of that crap after any play..where most other teams guys just go about business and act like they've done it before.. I guess that's the culture there of the me first mentality. 

That Oline is horrendous and those QB's are going to be Willy'd by game 5..no help in site either on PR or anywhere else they stash their guys...defensive line too..by 2nd quarter their guys were gassed and 2 of the 3 cdn tackles they rely on would be hard pressed to make a roster elsewhere...and again..no help anywhere on the PR.

It's fun to go back and read Riderfans threads boasting of their QB depth..embarrassment of riches for receivers..dominant defensive line...yeah..right.

We seen what Hurl offers...again and Judge is still outclassed there as a sub too..they are lucky T.O shat the bed last week or they would be 0-2 and all freaking right out...tho I sure they are already anyway.

Fact of the matter that looks like a weak team..with no depth and now some serious QB question marks. Collaros will be so gunshy now in pocket to get pasted again and trying to avoid being concussed he's gonna look just like or worse than last year...and they are so screwed SMS wise right now..with lots of bonuses already paid out have no means to go out and fix anything

For a few minutes there, it actually looked like  a duel between Harris and Collaros. Collaros was starting to look like his old self but then the Riders offensive line figured in and you know who was knocked out of the game. Everything after that was no contest.

Powell made Hurl look like what he really is.

Brandon Bridges had a moment or 2 as well but was no where near as consistent as Collaros. Now were going to find out whether Collaros goes back to being a shell shocked turtle...

Edited by BigBlue

3 hours ago, Ripper said:

I am not happy with the game. I'm here to face the music.  I thought we would win. I actually thought we would run the ball a bit and bring some pressure

Personally don’t care if your here to face Beethoven. . Preferred if you face the door. IMHO. 

Edited by Rod Black

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

I watched the game highlights on tsn....  I like the dirty attempt by Carter on the Spencer TD of him trying to trip/take out the knees after Spencer is well in the end zone.  Dirty f'ning player. 

I feel dirty defending Carter, but Spencer wasn't in the end zone yet when he swiped at him. He definitively wasn't going after his knees either.

Gotta love seeing Ottawa give those guys a big old beatdown.

I'm just curious as to how serious Collaros's injury was.  Course he was actually doing worse than Bridge when he was in and may have just lost his starting job to him.

Edited by USABomberfan

8 hours ago, Booch said:

I was thinking does he ever shut up?? I guess he does when he gets schooled and his team gets stomped..takes the wind right out of their collective pandering for the cameras and showboating after even the most generic of plays.. is it just me or is that whole team just full of that crap after any play..where most other teams guys just go about business and act like they've done it before.. I guess that's the culture there of the me first 

You'd be mistaken. He went on Twitter and **** talked Spencer after the game....no I'm not kidding. I did notice him whiff on that Powell td run. Looked like me trying to tackle back in the day lol...that's not a good thing.

I also thought Eguaven played well. That guy seems to always be around the ball. I was interested to see how Jones would use hurl as he usually gets a lot out of his LBs....turns out Hurl might be his Achilles heal. Same old things from last year.

If anything Carter is going to get hurt "trying" to play DB and making tackles/hits...I bet tho Jones will keep him there tho to try and keep his pride intact and not look like he made a stupid decision..

Seriously he beaked off on twitter?...what a real pro...and his concern about fantasy points and his proclamation of the best in the league is the type of guy you don't want on a team...he's a real peice of work that one

1 minute ago, Booch said:

If anything Carter is going to get hurt "trying" to play DB and making tackles/hits...I bet tho Jones will keep him there tho to try and keep his pride intact and not look like he made a stupid decision..

Seriously he beaked off on twitter?...what a real pro...and his concern about fantasy points and his proclamation of the best in the league is the type of guy you don't want on a team...he's a real peice of work that one

I only saw it cause someone I follow had liked it but the dude was shrugging off his shitty play otherwise cause he got a TD, then he came up with the notion that Spencer only caught one pass against him so he clearly had a great night. Just a total selfish player. Doesn't care that his team got **** kicked and the defense got picked apart, he got a TD so all is well in Carterland. Some team mate. 

yeah just read some of the exchanges....he is a me first guy..plain and simple and I can see slowly this year starting to cause rifts in Riderland..I would bet that if Jones got tired of him and cut him...he would be out of the league cause I can't see anyone wanting to deal with him...he ain't that good