Tiger-Cats @ Stampeders

Zontar

5 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Two great QBs - BL Mitchell and Mike Reilly 

The difference? Reilly was punch on in his first game..hardly could do wrong.

Mitchell is off and consequently the TiCats are in this game..

I think they are in a separate tier of quality. BLM has always had tons and tons and tons of great supporting cast, coaches etc. reilly is used to playing with shakey at best Ols, meh rbs, WR cores that lack depth and defenses that dont win games. He has performed similarly with a whole lot less to work with. 

If you put mike reilly on any team in the league they make the play offs. Blm doesnt carry bc or mtl to the play offs. Maybe a couple other teams too. Reilly is the elite of the elite he has slowly been pulling past blm for a bit now. He also isnt a bag of dicks like BLM is. 

12 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

If Masoli became available.....or disgruntled in Hamilton.....who could use hm ?

I sure hope not. If the Bombers acquired Masoli, it would mean that Nichols is a lot more racked up than reported. Besides, would we have the cap space?

4 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

A) you can't trade an injured player. B ) That's a dumb idea.

yeh I know no trading injured players, but it can't hurt to keep trying to get better. Just shop him around and see what might be possible.  There is no guarantee Matt will be any help when he returns.  Streveler could cement himself in the position, or Masoli could come available by the time Matt is ready to return. 

7 hours ago, Tracker said:

I sure hope not. If the Bombers acquired Masoli, it would mean that Nichols is a lot more racked up than reported. Besides, would we have the cap space?

He didn't actually suggest Masoli should come here, he was venturing to guess who would grab him up should he be parted.  I'd say he can go straight to Montreal or BC (if Jennings stinks up again).

This would probably never have been said even just a year ago, but Masoli would be a downgrade likely on all our current QBs except for maybe Ross.

Edited by USABomberfan

32 minutes ago, JCon said:

Troll needs to go away. And take TheSource with you, Troll. 

Seriously ? Just because somebody may not be a Matt Nichols crazy fan..,that makes them a troll ?

I have always hoped Matt would get us to a cup game....but as more games pass I see it as less likely to happen.  Just my opinion no need to worry about it.  

I actually hope Streveler improves each game to the point that it would be hard to not start him even when Matt returns.  

9 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Seriously ? Just because somebody may not be a Matt Nichols crazy fan..,that makes them a troll ?

I have always hoped Matt would get us to a cup game....but as more games pass I see it as less likely to happen.  Just my opinion no need to worry about it.  

I actually hope Streveler improves each game to the point that it would be hard to not start him even when Matt returns.  

The offense (and even less so Nichols) are not to blame for that.  It's mostly Richie Hall's defense causing that with another chunk of the blame going to O'Shea's questionable special teams gambles in those playoff games.  But then again I'm betting you knew that already.

We're all entitled to our opinions on Nichols, but I guarantee he's going nowhere right now.

Now on the last point, we all agree we're excited about Streveler.  He's the finest rookie QB we've seen in a long time.  But it's still Nichols team because to go deep in the playoffs and reach the cup, gotta go with the guy who's got the experience.

But again back to point one, switching out the QB isn't going to fix the defense which is what we'll need playing at a high level come crunch time.