TO @ SSK - East Final Rematch + QB Mystery Afoot

2 hours ago, Albertabomberguy said:

Have they gotten rid of no yards for this game?  

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

Riders keep getting away with no-yards penalties.  Should have been a couple 15 yarders tonight.

2 hours ago, captaincanuck12 said:

That was clearly no yards.  He caught the ball right beside the rider player.

Thank you guys, I thought I was missing something there on those non-calls. Then I thought, if I was missing something... I could be a CFL referee.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Did they not give Ray any reps in camp either?  His passes were terrible.  All of his recievers had drops, he was throwing ducks all night.  Franklin might get a shot sooner than later.

I didn't see a whole lot of inaccurate passes save when his OL was looking shoddy.  He did look a little slow at times, but you should know by now he's not really a mobile QB and he usually throws the floater balls better than the bullet passes.

I did say after they won the cup that that was probably a good time for Ricky Ray to retire and retire standing up.  But since he decided to return and is at this moment the most decorated QB of the 2000s Calvillo era still playing football, he'll be playing every game this season that he's not injured in.  I am thinking though that one more significant injury and he will call it quits for good.

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

I didn't watch the game.

Wondering, How did Hurl do?

i watched the game off an on. And Hurl while not a key to their victory, did not hurt them all that much. Rider defense did look good. However Ricky Ray did look like he should have retired at the end of last year.

Ray wasn't getting a lot of time from his OL and he's not exactly a scrambling QB. Once the Riders took Wilder out of the equation, the game was tipped in their favour.

If Trestman challenges for PI on the int returned for a TD, Toronto might have pulled it out. (Ball wasn't tipped and the DB hit Green before the ball got there = PI)

1 hour ago, BBRT said:

i watched the game off an on. And Hurl while not a key to their victory, did not hurt them all that much. Rider defense did look good. However Ricky Ray did look like he should have retired at the end of last year.

Riders have an absolutely great defense and an experienced QB.

That is all any team needs to be in the hunt for first in the West.

The last time Bombers knew what they were doing, 35 years ago, that is how they always manged to be in the hunt, year after year. 

12 minutes ago, TheSource said:

Riders have an absolutely great defense and an experienced QB.

That is all any team needs to be in the hunt for first in the West.

The last time Bombers knew what they were doing, 35 years ago, that is how they always manged to be in the hunt, year after year. 

Mods, come on, enough is enough of this sort of trolling.   Please do something about it soon.  

14 hours ago, Zontar said:

Yeah. Leagues best fans . WTF Priders ? Where is everybody?

I thought just under 30 wasn't bad for a 7pm Friday night game.  Tough for out of town fans to make it to the stadium.  We sat down 10 minutes before Riders came on field. Lots of people were still at gates after game started

1 hour ago, WBBFanWest said:

Mods, come on, enough is enough of this sort of trolling.   Please do something about it soon.  

1 hour ago, WBBFanWest said:

I'm sorry but I don't see what is so bad about what he posted.  When I Think people are posting to cause trouble I just ignore them.  And really, if they are rider fans they probably aren't very good at it and don't you want them around for when the Bombers kick their ass (?) 

4 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Riders secret weapon played a role in sinking Argos offence

Rider fans aren’t happy with this article by Justin Dunk

http://3downnation.com/2018/06/18/riders-secret-weapon-played-a-role-in-sinking-argos-offence/

Well, that would explain a lot, but Trestman ought to have been able to anticipate that.

16 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yeah I'm not sure how much I buy into that. People are switching teams all the time. This sort of thing isn't new. As much as I hate the riders I don't think there's much to that story. 

Ridiculous to suggest that's the reason we won.  We won the game because we played better.  Dunk has the tinfoil on a bit tight on this one

I think it's also ridiculous to downplay it. Any edge you get is still an edge and perhaps the Argos didn't do a good job of making it hard for a former coach to know what they're doing. 

All in all that game really game down to the Argos playing like complete ass. Soft coverage on D, receivers failing to get open even a little bit and Ricky Ray looking like he was nursing a hangover from a 3 week bender. 

11 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I think it's also ridiculous to downplay it. Any edge you get is still an edge and perhaps the Argos didn't do a good job of making it hard for a former coach to know what they're doing. 

All in all that game really game down to the Argos playing like complete ass. Soft coverage on D, receivers failing to get open even a little bit and Ricky Ray looking like he was nursing a hangover from a 3 week bender. 

Ricky Ray is a frustrating QB to watch, he rarely generates any urgency and he lets seemingly winnable games fritter away more often than any other QB I've ever watched.  He's almost the polar opposite of Reilly in that regard.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne