Game Day Thread - League Opener: Eskies

BigBlue

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

someone is bored this week, clearly. 

Long story short, after reading this whole thread, Tburgess said the Strevler played good.  Not amazing, Not bad, better then he expected.  Then when questioned everyone started comparing stats.

I respect your knowledge of the game and being a member of the forum, but you are quick to pick on and call people names when you don't agree with them.  If we were all actual friends in real life, you would find yourself on the outside looking in. If we all worked on a team in an office, you would have been long gone by now.   TBurgess and others aren't innocent, but i find you to be on the attach quite often.. Or maybe i just hate your avatar so i single you out. 

And its not just you either.   I get that some posters are annoying and constantly have a different view of the team, and where they stand, but instead of engaging them and having a debate, people turn to calling them stupid, not a fan or a troll.  It gets tiresome reading the attacks from both sides.

But Negatron is right, This thread sucks, and i could use some gin  

Edited by Adrenaline_x

44 minutes ago, Adrenaline_x said:

but you are quick to pick on and call people names when you don't agree with them.  If we were all actual friends in real life, you would find yourself on the outside looking in. If we all worked on a team in an office, you would have been long gone by now.   TBurgess and others aren't innocent, but i find you to be on the attach quite often.. Or maybe i just hate your avatar so i single you out

Good thing we aren't friends or coworkers then. People say stupid **** I'm going to comment on it.

comparing stats..players..games from different era's let alone different years is a waste of time. Analyze the now..and what was done in the moment and base a judgement. A Streveler playing the game in which Brock did in that era would most likely have run roughshod and won..but again...why even compare

For as raw a rookie as a QB can be in any league I expected less...wanted more...and got a good indicator on what he is after a decent game.

He didn't do anything dumb and try to force stuff that wasn't there...he actually was reading the defense and went to spots that his reads favored...He had the presence on the field that you want to see in a QB and shows that has ability to extend drives with his legs...and will get better with that aspect...and bet you see significant improvement in Mtl.

Is he going to be a world beater this year in any games...most likely not...but then again, if his progression continues as it has since TC then he could possibly do that. is he going to make rookie errors..you bet....but he is going to do some things that will make people stand up and notice...most definitely...he already has

Bottom line, with more experience he is going to give us a chance to win games when he is in, more than being just a placeholder where we are hanging on for dear life with no real legit reason to think otherwise. As well, once Nichols is back the team will have a very good "capable" QB who the team is confident and comfortable with. What more could you want...and I'd go as far to say that next year we will have the top QB tandem in the league

Edited by Booch

Want to reiterate.....this QB thing, is a week to week thing, given the lack of data.  

Need to see some more throwing, particularly downfield, as Streveler's mechanics look pretty funky.   Agree with Booch, that he was actually running the O, not just trying to survive, going through progressions and finding the open guys.  He has good running ability, both as scrambler and on designated run plays.   Didn't let the slow start get to him, which showed some poise, as well.   Anxious to see if he can add to the promising start, in this Montreal game.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

That first int could have rattled many rookie qbs and they could have turtled after that but Streveler shook it off and kept on keeping on. That's really all he needed to do for me to say he played a good game. The mental aspect is where so many qbs fail in this league.

I'm surprised nobody has commented on him trowing twice on that final drive instead of running the ball and milking the clock. The coaches wanted him to be the hero and win the game, bad call. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Good thing we aren't friends or coworkers then. People say stupid **** I'm going to comment on it.

Yah.. that fine.. Friends can call friends out when they say stupid ****.  But friends dont flip on friends and call them stupid, trolls, or non-fans.  I have no issues with people disagreeing and arguing with something they don't agree with. That what i love about Forums like this.  But, when people revert to name calling and belidiling and telling people to leave, its a different situations. 

Personally, i'm suprised and very happy with how he showed.  For the first time in many years, a QB not name Nichols, an inexperienced QB took to the field, and we didn't blame them for the loss.  I think that says alot about how a young rookie, straight from College, showed up in TC, took the backup role, then starting role due to injury and played well against on of the best teams in the league and lost only in the final seconds of the game.  

Not on him.

6 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Nothing that I said wasn't true. You and others made up crap I didn't say or mean, then whined about it, which is your shtick. Then you say I'm playing the victim card because I point out that you're making stuff up and whining about it. Repeat ad nauseam.

Do you not find it the least bit telling that EVERYONE ELSE seems to be the problem whenever someone has an issue with your posts but you are never at fault??

Not curious about that at all?? Cuz it kinda tells me something about the issue..

I started posting on ourbombers when I was 12 years old and I’m 25 now (wow test of time) some of this **** 12 year old me would have handled more maturally 

I find it hunerous that grown men come on a football website and look for fights like desperate house wives. Cmon’ fellas, be better...

as as far as our new starting qb goes... I thought he was very impressive. I remember seeing the first interception and humming that song “here comes another one,just like the other one...”

kid shook it off and after the first couple drives showed a lot of poise in the pocket. Was pouring rain with 2 delays against the best team in the league. Anybody asking for anything more would be dreamin. 

Great job for him and I look forward to see his progress in Montreal 

Edited by CodyT

13 hours ago, Adrenaline_x said:

Yah.. that fine.. Friends can call friends out when they say stupid ****.  But friends dont flip on friends and call them stupid, trolls, or non-fans.  I have no issues with people disagreeing and arguing with something they don't agree with. That what i love about Forums like this.  But, when people revert to name calling and belidiling and telling people to leave, its a different situations. 

Well, I read that as a comment aimed at calling me out & I don't appreciate it as I feel you're targeting me without actually saying my name. As well as being unfair. Please leave me out of your disagreement  with 17to85. I really don't care about Burgess anymore.  He's just another member here & means nothing else to me. Just a random fan with an opinion.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

17 hours ago, CodyT said:

I started posting on ourbombers when I was 12 years old and I’m 25 now (wow test of time) some of this **** 12 year old me would have handled more maturally I find it hunerous that grown men come on a football website and look for fights like desperate house wives. Cmon’ fellas, be better at spelling than I am.

:)

1Web.gif