Game Day Thread - League Opener: Eskies

BigBlue

I expect the green machine will be sending a variety of blitzes early and often, say 5 of the first 8  defensive  plays to test Streveler's metal ... we will see how Lapo has him prepped for that... Spy vs Spy scheming if you will

The real game I suspect (if Streveler is still standing) will be revealed in the second quarter when the two teams get down to business...

I  am anticipating Streveler will turn the ball over twice, costing us two scores. But I believe he is determined enough to get those two back with his own athleticism, by arm, by foot,  by eye, or by brain.

I am hoping by the third quarter the rookie comes into his own and the Bombers get the lead

Optimist that I am, I sadly expect the Mike Reilly show to take over in the 4th Q to grab the W

I think we have a chance because we will win the war of the trenches ....  the O-Line  is what makes a quarterback look good or bad ... gives them a chance to execute

Based on my observation of MOS, he will stick with his starting QB unless he goes into shell shock

The difference in the game will be between Reilly's long passes and Streveler's  bombs ... Edmonton's receivers may win that battle but we will see

Our short game to Harris and Bowman may not be enough to defeat the gunslingers

Edited by BigBlue

Showers or thunderstorms ending before morning then cloudy. Wind southeast 40 km/h gusting to 60 becoming light after midnight. Low 18.

forecast for tonight.

played in S Dakota, should be ok with this.

Big night for Wolitarksi too.

Edited by Mark F

While it will still take some good fortune to beat Reilly, looking at the two rosters, the Bombers are stronger at literally every position other than QB. Granted, that’s obviously the most important position but with the Esks injury situation this is as good a match up as we could hope for given the circumstances. 

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

"All the negativity in this town sucks"

-  R. Pitino.

Reilly will be under fire all game.  Harris clutch run for T.D. to take the lead. People haven't been reading the comments about Streveller from his various coaches.

Bombers win.

A Bomber win would be intoxicating, but all valuable experience comes at a price, so lets hope for the best but not slash up if things do not go well.

This is not going to be the same defence as last season.

In addition to Bighill, the club added defensive end Craig Roh, halfback Anthony Gaitor, and linebacker Chandler Fenner – all ex B.C. Lions – and have two new defensive assistant coaches in Jordan Younger and James Stanley, while Glen Young is now the front seven coach.

-ed tait

I'm hoping the defense & special teams can chip in something to make it a bit easier on Streveler. Really hoping the experience we have among our vet WRs can exploit the injuries Edmonton has in the secondary. Of course Streveler still has to get them the ball, but there should be opportunities for him to do so. 

Game day at last! Go Bombers!

Edited by shadybob
typo

4 hours ago, Mike said:

Today is the beginning of the STREVELER ERA

Bombers by 370

Streveler goes 5 for 6 for 13 yards and 5 TDs, rushes for 289 yards on 14 carries and the Bombers set a CFL record with 5 different players carrying the ball 10+ times, including Jake Thomas as a fullback.

Oh my! So where will they put Bud Grant's statue?

7 minutes ago, LeBird said:

Oh my! So where will they put Bud Grant's statue?

There's plenty of room in that plaza for a Streveler statue if they need it. They can put it beside the Andrew Harris statue and behind the statue for the offensive line that no one quite knows who it is.