Depth Charts June 14th Bombers vs Eskimos

Jpan85

48 minutes ago, JCon said:

Yeah we'll know after one game and couple weeks of practice with a new player whether or not a whole scheme will work. 

Why not?

Rest of the D hasn't really changed - Gaitor replaces Heath and Fenner replaces Leggett - lateral moves...  Bighill is the only major upgrade

Bighill isn't exactly a raw rookie - we'll see very quickly if Hall's MLB was actually meant to fill gaps or if we spent all last season compensating for Hurl's lack of speed...

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Why not?

Rest of the D hasn't really changed - Gaitor replaces Heath and Fenner replaces Leggett - lateral moves...  Bighill is the only major upgrade

Bighill isn't exactly a raw rookie - we'll see very quickly if Hall's MLB was actually meant to fill gaps or if we spent all last season compensating for Hurl's lack of speed...

Bighill the "QB" of the D. It's not plug and play. There are plenty of variables that go into having a cohesive defence. Just like the o-line, you can have all the talent but they need to learn to work together. 

Just now, JCon said:

Bighill the "QB" of the D. It's not plug and play. There are plenty of variables that go into having a cohesive defence. Just like the o-line, you can have all the talent but they need to learn to work together. 

Bighill could be the general the defense needs. He just seems like a natural "lead by example" type and consistently puts his money where his mouth is. And I anticipate he'll be amped tomorrow.

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Bighill could be the general the defense needs. He just seems like a natural "lead by example" type and consistently puts his money where his mouth is. And I anticipate he'll be amped tomorrow.

Absolutely, I just don't think we can determine the success or failure of the Hall defence on one game. I would say by game 4, we'll know for sure. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

Absolutely, I just don't think we can determine the success or failure of the Hall defence on one game. I would say by game 4, we'll know for sure. 

Couldn't agree more. One game is not usually a reasonable measuring stick (maybe a playoff game could be the exception), but that's especially the case with a week 1 season opener.

10 minutes ago, JCon said:

Not sure what you're arguing here...  we'll know in the first quarter if Bighill is 'crashing' the DL and plugging 'gaps'...

Loffler should actually play safety not hybrid S/MLB

We'll see this in Game 1 - I'm definitely not saying it will be a cohesive unit asap but there 'should' absolutely be a difference in Hall's use of the MLB and Safety...

6 minutes ago, JCon said:

Still expect to see a few hiccups until they get accustomed to playing alongside of each other, hopefully this doesn't translate into giving up easy TD's, like in the WSF.

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Not sure what you're arguing here...  we'll know in the first quarter if Bighill is 'crashing' the DL and plugging 'gaps'...

Loffler should actually play safety not hybrid S/MLB

We'll see this in Game 1 - I'm definitely not saying it will be a cohesive unit asap but there 'should' absolutely be a difference in Hall's use of the MLB and Safety...

I'm saying that trying to determine how success an entire scheme is based on whether Bighill is in the right place at the right time in his first game is ludicrous. It will take a few games before they function as a cohesive group.

We already know that Bighill can tackle and CAN be the MLB based on previous experience. 

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

Loffler should actually play safety not hybrid S/MLB. We'll see this in Game 1 - I'm definitely not saying it will be a cohesive unit asap but there 'should' absolutely be a difference in Hall's use of the MLB and Safety...

There damned well better be. Hall will merit a game or two because of the changes in the defensive personnel, but that's it.

and we may still do that....seeing as Fogg is listed as the Kick Returner I am thinking Lankford may sit....and really Demski and Augustine can return kicks too...as well as Dressler but he doesn't need to be taking any unnecessary shots outside of his receiver role 

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

and we may still do that....seeing as Fogg is listed as the Kick Returner I am thinking Lankford may sit....and really Demski and Augustine can return kicks too...as well as Dressler but he doesn't need to be taking any unnecessary shots outside of his receiver role 

I would have Demski backing up Fogg on return duties. 

24 minutes ago, JCon said:

I'm saying that trying to determine how success an entire scheme is based on whether Bighill is in the right place at the right time in his first game is ludicrous. It will take a few games before they function as a cohesive group.

We already know that Bighill can tackle and CAN be the MLB based on previous experience. 

You're kind of making my point...  he doesn't have to be in the right place all the time but we'll see if he's playing right up against the DL in the first quarter

If Bighill is still lining up as a DL/MLB hybrid like Hurl did, we'll see if it was Hurl's speed that hampered Hall...  or if Hall was scheming to compensate for Hurl's lack of talent

2 minutes ago, nate007 said:

Esks have 9 Canadians listed as starters. Given that they list three import backups on the DL, I don't expect that Boateng will actually be a 'starter'. if he is, the Bombers should send a tot of runs over to that side.

Boateng is not a weak point on that DL...