Help us Chris Streveler, You're our Only Hope

Atomic

33 minutes ago, Engelwood said:

THey also said a few times that Demski is being groomed into the 2nd RB/Rec role we saw last year.

Frankly I can't see them running Demski up the gut as he probably hasn't run that way in many years, so that option is probably not as flexible as it was with Flanders.

On 2018-06-14 at 8:51 AM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Frankly I can't see them running Demski up the gut as he probably hasn't run that way in many years, so that option is probably not as flexible as it was with Flanders.

he looked great going up the middle last night. They do it to dressler despite injury concerns and have run adams too. They would run my great grandmother up the gut off motion if she was still alive. 

21 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Funny article about Streveler's start last night from what seems to be a bitter University of Minnesota fan.

https://www.thedailygopher.com/2018/6/15/17467752/minnesota-football-chris-streveler-drew-wolitarsky-touchdown-cfl-winnipeg

Who knew do or die was a golden gophers fan?? i love the article thanks for sharing. 

42 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Funny article about Streveler's start last night from what seems to be a bitter University of Minnesota fan.

https://www.thedailygopher.com/2018/6/15/17467752/minnesota-football-chris-streveler-drew-wolitarsky-touchdown-cfl-winnipeg

Seemed to me like he wasn't really being serious as much as trying to be a little funny, though perhaps he just wished Streve and Wolt would've done just a lil more when they were at UMinn.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

That is a funny article. 

think the guy that did play qb for the Gophers at that time was not very good at all. So smart move by Streveller to leave.

And holding the all time record for receptions in California high school football, is a significant accomplishment

comments are funny too.

Thanks!

Edited by Mark F

On 2018-06-14 at 8:51 AM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

they did it multiple times last game. I'm seriously wondering if I am watching the same game everyone else is at this point.

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

According to the comments his first start at Minnesota was also delayed by a thunderstorm. Crazy.

is streveler german for thor or some thing? 

3 hours ago, Mark F said:

got that one right.

they are a bit of a question mark but at worst they will be middle of the pack and good enough. as long as reilly stays healthy any way. 

13 hours ago, wbbfan said:

he looked great going up the middle last night. They do it to dressler despite injury concerns and have run adams too. They would run my great grandmother up the gut off motion if she was still alive. 

My definition of "up the gut" is between the tackles, I don't see Dressler, Adams or your Granny running in that territory.  I think they did it once or twice with Demski and he looked alright but I question his durability to do it often.  

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

My definition of "up the gut" is between the tackles, I don't see Dressler, Adams or your Granny running in that territory.  I think they did it once or twice with Demski and he looked alright but I question his durability to do it often.  

Theyve done it with all three. they ran dressler up the gut last year after he had come back from injury. 

Of course it cant be out side the tackle and up the gut. 😆

19 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I'd rather take 5'8 and 200lbs Augustine or LaFrance running up the middle to complement Harris - leave Demski as SB, he's already fitting in really well

Demski had 4 catches for 32 yards in his first game.

Projecting that forward it will be 576 yards for the season.

Not bad, but not really any different from JFG, who was alot easier on the cap space.

4 minutes ago, TheSource said:

Not bad, but not really any different from JFG, who was alot easier on the cap space.

And Chris Streveler is going to throw 54 touchdown passes.  Mike Reilly is going to throw for 7200 yards but only 18 TD's, 36 TD's rushing.  Kevin Fogg is going to have 2000 missed FG return yards.  Charleston Hughes is going to have 54 sacks.  James Wilder is going to have 80 carries and Adarius Bowman is going to have 0 catches!

12 minutes ago, TheSource said:

Yeah projecting a guy's stats based on a backup Quarterback's first pro game... ever

That makes sense.

16 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Why not 6' and 220 lbs Nic Demski?

Didn't realize he was 220lb... looks lean

Either way, I still like him at SB - he has nice speed, not sure why you'd want to be designing draw plays for him

4 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Didn't realize he was 220lb... looks lean

Either way, I still like him at SB - he has nice speed, not sure why you'd want to be designing draw plays for him

I'm pretty much down with getting the ball in his hands in any manner possible with a head of steam and some blocking, same with Harris, Dressler, or really anyone who is smart behind blocking, agile and elusive.  That's how you build an offense that is difficult to defend when you don't have a Mike Reilly at QB, and we don't have that even when Nichols is healthy.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

20 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I'm pretty much down with getting the ball in his hands in any manner possible with a head of steam and some blocking, same with Harris, Dressler, or really anyone who is smart behind blocking, agile and elusive.  That's how you build an offense that is difficult to defend when you don't have a Mike Reilly at QB, and we don't have that even when Nichols is healthy.

For sure...  I thought the conversation was about making him into a permanent RB/SB type rather than having a fullback - I totally agree that there should be a few gadget plays for Demski

First, Lapo has to get Harris and Streveler on the same page for passing/screens - I think it will happen

According to The Source, Andrew Harris will finish the season with only 108 receiving yards... super depressing... he was so good last year

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

For sure...  I thought the conversation was about making him into a permanent RB/SB type rather than having a fullback - I totally agree that there should be a few gadget plays for Demski

First, Lapo has to get Harris and Streveler on the same page for passing/screens - I think it will happen

According to The Source, Andrew Harris will finish the season with only 108 receiving yards... super depressing... he was so good last year

Yeah but he wasn't a player that the bombers found and then developed so even if he had success this year, it wouldn't have counted.