How many threads do you want?

BigBlue

27 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Threads take care of themselves. If they are good they carry on.  If they are outdated or not relevant, they die a quick death.  Problem I see alot is the thread gets derailed into a discussion about something else, staying on topic is hard for some people.

I think that the number of active threads is important because if....    LOOK AT THE SQUIRREL!

7 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

I think that the number of active threads is important because if....    LOOK AT THE SQUIRREL!

That's just it. The site wants active discussion.  They will stay active as long as people want to keep talking about it

I definitely hate the existing system. Often I'll see news and want to see discussion about it. There's no way I'm wading through 100 pages of discussions to find the discussion on that news. Often the conversation will have moved on by then and there's no way to actually discuss it.

I've pretty much stopped posting here because of it.

5 hours ago, RagingIce said:

I definitely hate the existing system. Often I'll see news and want to see discussion about it. There's no way I'm wading through 100 pages of discussions to find the discussion on that news. Often the conversation will have moved on by then and there's no way to actually discuss it.

I've pretty much stopped posting here because of it.

Bring back bomberticketcount.com

I also agree, this used to be my primary site for bomber news and information. Including interesting blog like posts by people like do or die, big blue, and great insight from others like Mike. I also always enjoyed Noellers and 17to85 whit and Tobe honest found Nasty Nate to be entertaining. 

Now we have maybe three threads and I just don't have the interest of going through the long threads or as others have said missed out on the conversation. A discussion forum should be setup in a way to promote discussion, however, we have really tried to limit the number of discussions on this board.

To be honest the off season thread has merit, so does the in season moves, etc. But why limit discussions to only those threads, I want to know how practice is going, I want the insight from those who know about DB play to rate our DBs.

Hell, I even like reading about moves of other teams that might affect us, is edmonton starting a bunch of backups? How are their replacements, what matchups will be interesting? All of that is interesting and worth discussing to me.

Each deserves it's own thread to easily carry on the conversation for hours or days.