Regular Season Bomber News & Discussion

BigBlue

Yeah we have built nice CDN o-line depth to continue and move forward with a National interior (Guard-Center-Guard)

Re-watched the BC game and am more than comfortable if Spooner or Couture had to step in at guard as in game replacement or for several games if need be. Spooner plays with a nasty edge and him and Chungh at guards would give the 0-line a real mean streak to it.

We also have Speller backing up the back-ups and he actually impressed me too being trhown it against the BC regulars and working with the other guys who have never played a game together before...and other than few blips here and there and the turnstyle that #65 was actually fared quite well all things considered.

Bryant and Hardrick are solid as solid can be and Foketti having to come in for one of them isn't that big a drop off...we drafted well and prepared well for longevity..we should be pleased.

Now look what C.Jones has done...poor drafting and bad assett management. Even if they want to start 3 Canadian O-lineman I don't think they realistically can. At moment JSJ is hurt..again and basically a bust..and Bladek is hurt too...and really isn't that good..Labatte is aging and injury concerns a lot now and Clarke....worst center in the league. So even if Bladek can start the year healthy a Labatte/Clarke/Bladek trio is weakest in league...no game day roster back-up who is national...and get this...not a single guy who is a national on the PR....Like WTF?!!?!?!

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Neufeld at tackle is bad news, but we saw what the line looked like without Bond and Neufeld at guard last year, and it was fine, as good as it was all year. So I dunno why we would even entertain Neufeld at RT when that has been a disaster every time they've tried it, but having 2 american tackles and 3 canadians inside worked at the end of last year. 

Bond was great and a big part of changing the fortunes of this team when he went in, and the Riders are absolute idiots for thinking they have better options than him, but the simple fact is that the Bombers have spent a lot of draft picks on the offensive line and have done well bringing in other American offensive linemen that we are in a position where we can lose a guy like Bond and carry on with a strong offensive line. 

I would look at Couture before Neufeld...

Looks like there are still tons of tickets left for the game on Thursday.  If I had to make an estimate, I'd say we're on track for 24-25,000 at the home opener.  Marketing department not doing their job this year as most casual fans I talk to aren't even aware the season is starting yet.

26 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Looks like there are still tons of tickets left for the game on Thursday.  If I had to make an estimate, I'd say we're on track for 24-25,000 at the home opener.  Marketing department not doing their job this year as most casual fans I talk to aren't even aware the season is starting yet.

More like lots of people blew their entertainment budgets on Jets playoffs and the starting QB is out of the game. 

11 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

More like lots of people blew their entertainment budgets on Jets playoffs and the starting QB is out of the game. 

Yes, those two things certainly play into it, along with the Bomber marketing department being a joke.

20 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Bingo on both counts.

Yup. The Jets primarily I think really hurt our sales.

Missing (what should be) the league MOP and having to play unknowns at QB also doesn't bring in a ton of optimism in terms of the walk up crowd on a Thursday night either.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

On most radio stations I listen to there is a Bomber ad for tickets every hour. 

Interesting that Leggett is on field at practice with helmet on....possibly he was just held back for 3 extra weeks of rest for safe measure and allow us to see the other candidates more thoroughly?

We know what he can do on the field and he knows the defense...not like he needed reps to get acclimated.

If he is good to go at his Sam position game one...this defense just got even better...Moe..Randle..Loffler..Fenner..most likely Gaitor and Alexander and Fogg in some capacity looks pretty good to me with Bighill and JSK roaming around with them

6 minutes ago, shadybob said:

I cant wait to see Loffler this year, not having to cover up Hurl's play will free him up a ton. Hoping for a big year from him, and some massive hits

I was amazed at how many more tackles Loffler had last year season than Hurl. 

Now that he's "free", he's going to be the league's best safety again. 

Edited by JCon

8 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I'm very skeptical about starting Streveler over Ross.

I dunno. Streveler did put up a couple TDs in pre-season. Ross didnt. I dunno. Guess we will see what the game plan is. Streveler does give you that running threat. 

7 minutes ago, Goalie said:

His ability to run helps

Especially if LaPo is loading up the running attack to surprise the Esks, Streveler is more LeFevour, Ross is more Nichols.  I know the Esks. had horrendous injury problems last season but boy did they ever have a soft underbelly, Harris ran wild on them.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne