Regular Season Bomber News & Discussion

BigBlue

8 minutes ago, bearpants said:

This is so hilariously ironic... only a Rider fan would be stupid enough to make this argument...

I was just reading there this morning for a laugh yet again.....but yeh some of the stuff they post is disturbing.  Disturbing to the point that in my opinion they are actually embarrassing the league as a whole.  

14 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

They also have a "let's be honest we would have won with ZC".....

forgetting of course that Collaros was absolute ass against the Bombers this year. 

Basically the only way they were beating the Bombers if if the Bombers got sloppy with the ball like they did Labour day and Banjo Bowl. Since that time though Nichols got his **** figured out and has avoided the turnovers, so how were the Riders going to win without scores from the D or STs? 

We all tried to warn them that relying on your defense to score wasn't conducive to long term success but they just didn't listen. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

forgetting of course that Collaros was absolute ass against the Bombers this year. 

Basically the only way they were beating the Bombers if if the Bombers got sloppy with the ball like they did Labour day and Banjo Bowl. Since that time though Nichols got his **** figured out and has avoided the turnovers, so how were the Riders going to win without scores from the D or STs? 

We all tried to warn them that relying on your defense to score wasn't conducive to long term success but they just didn't listen. 

Swaggerville days proved that I am afraid.

YEAH the Zack Collaros debate is moot...they never scored more than 14 points offensively against us with him all year, and in crappy conditions why would he do better...Like I mentioned before, of the 12 wins they got...5 came when they didn't get scores from defense or ST's...and 2 were squeakers against MTL and T.O where they barely eeeked it out..Heck even the one they got with T.O early in the year would have been a loss if Trestman challenged the pick six...they were very flawed...and it was their demise...many there though don't buy it and just offer up excuses..

8 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I think they did better with Bridge in. If ZC was in, we would have destroyed them.

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

ZC sure wouldn't have beaten that outside containment like BB did a few times against us.

They would not have had that 32 yard romp that bridge did early...hence they would have had zero momentum early...

2 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

They would not have had that 32 yard romp that bridge did early...hence they would have had zero momentum early...

Yup. If all you have is the legs of your QB for offence, you're scrooged, but the Rider fans will not acknowledge this. "There are none so blind as those who will not see".

Same argument they've been making all year about Collaros. "If he ever catches the lightning in the bottle that has shown up 3 times in the last 3 years he is unstoppable". It's a ridiculously stupid argument to make. They are suggesting that because he played on good game against a disinterested Calgary team a month ago that he is suddenly a good QB. The guy was the worst starter in the CFL this year....

We didn't win because Collaros wasn't playing, we won because our OL and Andrew Harris rammed it up their poop shoots the entire 2nd half. Whether it be Bridge or Collaros you have to have the ball to win. Our offence ran the table in the 2nd half and gave almost no opportunity to their offence.

Edited by gcn11

Never mind winning the WSF....does no one remember rod pederson saying the riders would go undefeated if they had Collaros? He was supposed to be the hero for that franchise. I guess they haven't given up hope that he will play like he did before the injuries and concussions started piling up.

The complaining about Oshea and Jeffcoat is them trying to come to terms with their shitty team getting the treatment it deserves. **** that entire organization and fan base! Enjoy the basement for the next few years!!

5 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Never mind winning the WSF....does no one remember rod pederson saying the riders would go undefeated if they had Collaros? He was supposed to be the hero for that franchise. I guess they haven't given up hope that he will play like he did before the injuries and concussions started piling up.

The complaining about Oshea and Jeffcoat is them trying to come to terms with their shitty team getting the treatment it deserves. **** that entire organization and fan base! Enjoy the basement for the next few years!!

I have never “hated” another fan base ...I try my best to keep from hating things cause life is too short... but after reading the crap on their fan board and the disgusting things some of them are saying it’s getting harder not to take that route.  It’s no wonder they don’t have the balls to engage in real world fan discussions with some of us  ...The majority running that place can’t handle it.  Or at the very least the majority posting can’t handle it and are whining.

This place ain’t 100 % perfect but oh my it is light years ahead of that rider board.  Much more class to be found here.  

Go Bombers......I wanna see them green snothead fans of the riders crying in their beers for yet another week and beyond as we head for the cup....

3 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Don't worry.  They're going to re-convert their DB converted from college QB back to being a pro QB and dominate.  Keep in mind he couldn't even play QB in the Senior Bowl, moved to DB already.