Regular Season Bomber News & Discussion

BigBlue

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Don't think so, they can a P.R. player whatever they see fit above the minimum.

You're right, but there's no benefit to that, because if they do it they have to treat them like a regular player according to the CBA. 

Maybe they're giving him a bag of poop, housing and food, plus the $750 a week?

7 minutes ago, jazzsax said:

You're right, but there's no benefit to that, because if they do it they have to treat them like a regular player according to the CBA. 

Again, I don't think so, a P.R. player is a P.R. player no matter how much they're being paid, same rules apply.

10 minutes ago, jazzsax said:

Reportedly seen hanging around the 'secret house' Jones keeps in Regina for players...Poop was seen having a few beers with Hughes getting false info. on our club...Figures

Edited by Stickem

You can pay a PR roster player whatever you want..I know of instances where guys got weekly money that translated to what was slightly above league minimum salary...u just have to pay  the minimum per week stipulation in the CBA

Edited by Booch

24 minutes ago, Booch said:

You can pay a PR roster player whatever you want..I know of instances where guys got weekly money that translated to what was slightly above league minimum salary...u just have to pay bc the minimum per week stipulation in the CBA

That makes complete sense - how else would teams maintain quality depth? 

16 minutes ago, Brandon Blue&Gold said:

What was the deal with Johnson earlier this season? He was playing well from what I saw then Bryant took his spot and that was that. I assume I missed something significant. Could someone clue me in as to what happened with him?

My guess is they got tired of his inconsistency at doing his job (winning his gap) and not finishing plays.

Lots of talent there but playing DL requires a lot of discipline and intelligent team play.  If you’re going to freelance you better make a lot of plays.

Teams sign recent cuts from future opponents before big games all the time.  The Bombers have done it as much as anyone else over the years.  Don't make it sound like it is something nefarious.  Johnson can be a major difference-maker and makes plays that fans remember.  I wouldn't criticize any team in the league from signing him.  I was very happy with the Bombers keeping him as a reserve. I also understand him wanting to go to our rival to gain some revenge against the team that benched him.

4 minutes ago, MC said:

Teams sign recent cuts from future opponents before big games all the time.  The Bombers have done it as much as anyone else over the years.  Don't make it sound like it is something nefarious.  Johnson can be a major difference-maker and makes plays that fans remember.  I wouldn't criticize any team in the league from signing him.  I was very happy with the Bombers keeping him as a reserve. I also understand him wanting to go to our rival to gain some revenge against the team that benched him.

Based on a quote from O'Shea, he asked for his release because he wanted to go home.   If he had asked for his release and said he wanted to go sign with an opponent we are likely playing in the playoffs, I'm not sure the team would have been so quick to grant it.

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

Based on a quote from O'Shea, he asked for his release because he wanted to go home.   If he had asked for his release and said he wanted to go sign with an opponent we are likely playing in the playoffs, I'm not sure the team would have been so quick to grant it. 

I agree.  But I also understand that when the player gets a call from the rival with a chance to exact some revenge, he will likely grab it. 

On 2018-11-01 at 1:21 PM, do or die said:

However, given his abduction by aliens about 6 weeks ago - with now no soft zone, and multiple  DL sets and blitzes.............may have to reconsider.  

I swear it's like he just realized Bighill was in there instead of Hurl.  The options available by having a smart AND athletic MLB have helped this defense more than anything else this year.