Regular Season Bomber News & Discussion

BigBlue

43 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Corney went back home some time ago.

I remember there was some ire from... media or fans cant remember which.. regarding this.  he chose to rehab off site or some such and this was a bad thing??

3 hours ago, SPuDS said:

I remember there was some ire from... media or fans cant remember which.. regarding this.  he chose to rehab off site or some such and this was a bad thing??

Well you'd think if you're part of the team you'd want to be part of the team.

Guys like Leggett and Wild have stayed through injury and taken on some leadership roles.

Too bad about Mo. He was a special player here during his time. Really a huge part of being one of those big time, classy players who helped change the culture of our football club from being one or the worst ran organizations to one of the best.  Whether this is the end or not I want to congratulate Mo for an outstanding career in the Blue and Gold. He always had an absolute nose for the football. Can’t be said enough his impact for the Bombers over his tenure here in Winnipeg.

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

well he is in phenomenal shape..maybe this is a bit of a blessing if his knee injury isn't nothing major...allow him to totally heal up from the Achilles thing...train hard and come back next year to camp and give it one last kick...If anyone can do it certainly he can, and many others have been very productive into their mid/late 30's on defense..Cox..Hebert..Bowman..to name a few recent ones...I wouldn't write him off yet....from someone who came back from 2 major surgeries as a player..I can tell you sometimes even though medically cleared it often takes almost another year to "fully" get back to where/what you were before injury

His first few games back he looked really good...but I think he got knicked or re-aggrevated something as his last few he tapered off...32 next year isn't old man status yet in this day and age, so I hope we sign him to a 1 yr deal...test him out and if he doesn't have it...no damage...just release him and add him to coaching staff...He's a guy you wanna keep in your organization.

I wouldn't be opposed either if we can work the ratio to putting him back in at safety if signing Loffler is going to take too much scratch to resign..Moe was a beast back there if you all forgot

OK, now I really want the Bombers to beat Calgary on Friday.

Penultimate.

Who uses a word like that?

Carlos Verde, that’s who. He is the CFL's social media coordinator.

Here’s what he says of our big game:

PICK: Calgary, because the Stamps have too many playmakers on both sides of the ball to put in three-straight mediocre performances, and Winnipeg has lost all four games in similar positions (in the hunt, at home in the penultimate week of the season) since 2014.

penultimate- second last, next to last..

20 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

It’ll be nice to see J.J. rotating back in there..

I mostly agree with you.  The only consideration holding me back is that he has a tendency to do the "westerman" and take a RTP or UR penalty that keeps an important drive alive.  He has to stay in control.