Regular Season Bomber News & Discussion

BigBlue

WINNIPEG, MB., October 14, 2018 –   The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce today the club has released national linebacker Jacob Firlotte, International defensive end Marcell Frazier, International receiver Kenny Lawler, International linebacker Kache Palacio and international defensive back Robert Priester from the practice roster.

One or more of these players may be invited back next year as the Bombers are accustomed to doing.

5 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Riders have signed Shepley to their PR. That's huge for them considering the state of that OL and the injuries from last week. Likely same role as Gray, won't step in immediately but gives them flexibility next year.

True, but the Riders will have a lot of holes to fill. Bladek sustained a pretty serious injury, and two other Canuck O-linemen are aging. Plus, their overall NI talent may be one of the two thinnest in the league.

3 hours ago, JCon said:

I hate bye weeks. I understand why we need them and the players need the time but I hate them.

That is all. 

I am guessing the guy whose face graces your avatar would just as soon hit someone as anything else. Biggie seems like he could go any place any time too. 

👁‍🗨 Interesting News about Lawler. On October 15th he was released from the practice roster. Now, he has rejoined it. Things that make you go hmmm.

👁‍🗨 Seeing as the Riders had a certain amount of success on special teams with returns, I wonder how much work k/r Charles Nelson gets during practice this week?

👁‍🗨 Did you notice Andrew Luck of the Colts, threw 4 TD passes in a win over Buffalo on Sunday? Funny thing is..he only threw for a 156 yards total in that game. Hmmm

2 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Not sure why that would make a person go “hmm”. The Colts were up big all game and won 37-5. No one throws for big yards when you’re up 24-0 at halftime. No relevance to a certain other quarterback but good try. 

People where complaining that Nichols didn't have big numbers at the end of the game when they were up 31-0 at half time.......

On 2018-10-18 at 4:07 PM, Mr Dee said:

Does this sound familiar?

A little more relevant for the NFL where you have 3 downs to get 10 yards but not entirely off base for the CFL.

The changes to illegal contact/pass interference have made "locking down" receivers far more challenging - if you don't get pressure on the QB relatively quickly there will be an open receiver.

In the CFL I think defensive sets that give QB's more lower percentage/higher reward looks might be more optimal.