Regular Season Bomber News & Discussion

BigBlue

Darvin Adams played very well last game. He made tough catches, fought for the ball, made moves around defenders and powered through tackles.

I don't know why he doesn't (as far as I can tell)  play like that every game, but if he keeps it up, Bombers O will be good.

Nichols was clearly concentrating on throwing the sideline passes low and to a spot where only his receiver could catch it. tough catch, but not interceptable. and they were catching those passes.

If they continue playing like that, the O will do well.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Seems coincidental at best. And besides, the Argonauts were losing a lot even before they got him.

I agree on the guy being poison and I wouldn't want him in blue and gold unless the trade involved him getting a brain transplant.

Coincidental but the trend is there. Hell when the Riders traded him the toothless mob was ready to catapult Jones into the sun for trading away one of the only pieces worth watching on the team, now look at them, back in love with the crazy man. I say again, Duron Carter is cancer. 

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

Darvin Adams played very well last game. He made tough catches, fought for the ball, made moves around defenders and powered through tackles.

I don't know why he doesn't play like that every game, but if he keeps it up, Bombers O will be good.

Nichols was clearly concentrating on throwing the sideline passes low and to a spot where only his receiver could catch it. tough catch, but not interceptable.

If those two guys keep playing like that, the O will do well.

He had a fine game but I still felt he put in a ***** effort on a ball early. Guy is fine as a #3 receiver, maybe a #2 guy but expecting him to be the main guy is just asking for trouble. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Like I tried to explain to everyone who was in a mad panic over a shitty stretch, things in the CFL change quickly. No need to panic just right the ship and carry on. 

Exactly, I've seen too many teams go 5-2 to start and finish out of the playoffs. Or start 2-5 and go all the way. The CFL has a long season!

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Pretty sure Harris is going to lead any yards after contact stat anyway. 

Especially this year, he has had a much tougher go of it. He is soo seldom dropped by the first tackler, and when he is brought down he goes down pushing forward virtually every carry. His are the grittiest yards in the cfl. 

46 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Especially this year, he has had a much tougher go of it. He is soo seldom dropped by the first tackler, and when he is brought down he goes down pushing forward virtually every carry. His are the grittiest yards in the cfl. 

I suspect he is the Milt Stegall of the team. In superb shape, well conditioned, ready to go before, during, and after the game, and my gawd he keeps those legs of his strong and durable. He's one of a kind. What a pro!

9 hours ago, Booch said:

yeah...its how your playing/where you are at in the last 3 games leading up to the playoffs...if you can get to that point and get in...previous record for the season means jack squat

In recent history, the two first place teams have made it to the cup.  Who was the last third place team to win a Grey Cup? 

I remember e

4 minutes ago, Jacquie said:

Remember this game - 8 years ago yesterday

I remember everyone leaving but it was still so loud as the fourth quarter went on. I had moved over to the West side sit with my friend, his wife and mom. That was lots of fun. 

On ‎2018‎-‎10‎-‎11 at 10:50 AM, Bigblue204 said:

Exactly, I've seen too many teams go 5-2 to start and finish out of the playoffs. Or start 2-5 and go all the way. The CFL has a long season!

I'm showing my age here but I remember the Bombers starting 1-4 in 1976 & finished 10-6. They went on quite a run as I recall. The fans wanted Dieter Brock's head & for HC Bud Riley to be fired.  They finished second in the West & hosted the West Semi Final. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27