Regular Season Bomber News & Discussion

BigBlue

17 hours ago, Dragon37 said:

We are back in full control of our future with Edmonton losing. I don’t see 2nd place being realistic but it is not out of the question. Ultimately though just winning games is all that matters now for the next four weeks. That is all they can control.

I think 2nd would have been very attainable... if Mike Reilly hadn't gifted* Sask their 10th win yesterday...

In fairness to Willie Jefferson, it was a great play... I just don't ever give credit where credit is due when it comes to the riders...

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

I think 2nd would have been very attainable... if Mike Reilly hadn't gifted* Sask their 10th win yesterday...

In fairness to Willie Jefferson, it was a great play... I just don't ever give credit where credit is due when it comes to the riders...

If I'm playing the Riders, I'm telling my QB, don't throw hitch passes, screens, anything anywhere near Jefferson. If anything set him up for it  (i.e., fake pass) so he loses contain. 

On 2018-10-08 at 1:54 PM, HardCoreBlue said:

That was good coverage imo.

Great coverage really..  the ball was perfectly placed.. only thing Alexander didnt do was turn to the ball so he could make a play on it.. great play by QB and receiver..

On 2018-10-08 at 11:04 AM, M.Silverback said:

Thanks for putting this list together. It will be interesting to see how the AAF impacts CFL free agency. I predict some surprises for all teams. I think CFL teams are going to lose more talent than you normally would see. Wouldn’t be shocked to see Wolitarsky, Santos-Knox and Jeffcoat look at signing in the AAF. 

It might not have as much of an impact as some might think. The AAF season will start a week or two before the start of CFL free agency. 

Edited by Jacquie

53 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

If I'm playing the Riders, I'm telling my QB, don't throw hitch passes, screens, anything anywhere near Jefferson. If anything set him up for it  (i.e., fake pass) so he loses contain. 

Exactly what I was thinking.....(I hope Matt reads this)...The guy is a walking tower and just waiting for a pass attempt to come his way...We've already been burnt by this guy so Nichols should have a read on him by now...When players go to the well once too often, there's a good chance they'll get 'tricked burnt'... Let him over commit and blow by that sucker...I'd luv to be the one to do it but unfortunately my wheels don't turn no more....I'd love nothing more than to take one by 'too tall Jefferson' and when I got to their goal line ,do a shake and bake shuffle, then drop in for the six

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

Exactly what I was thinking.....(I hope Matt reads this)...The guy is a walking tower and just waiting for a pass attempt to come his way...We've already been burnt by this guy so Nichols should have a read on him by now...When players go to the well once too often, there's a good chance they'll get 'tricked burnt'... Let him over commit and blow by that sucker...I'd luv to be the one to do it but unfortunately my wheels don't turn no more....I'd love nothing more than to take one by 'too tall Jefferson' and when I got to their goal line ,do a shake and bake shuffle, then drop in for the six

I couldn't believe the TSN panel didn't admonish him for this. Instead they said he was trying to run down the play clock, then they realized a penalty might be called and it *might* be a dumb move, but no such luck.

17 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Did nobody tell him not to attend the Duron Carter Twitter school?

Speaking of Carter, putting aside his personality for a sec, and if we only look at this as we are all in to win, would he make our football team better for our drive stretch?

I'm wondering how many teams are sniffing around the Argo's for a potential deal? 

15 hours ago, J5V said:

I couldn't believe the TSN panel didn't admonish him for this. Instead they said he was trying to run down the play clock, then they realized a penalty might be called and it *might* be a dumb move, but no such luck.

While it was show boating...there was also under 2 mins left. So running the clock was a smart move as much as I hate to admit it. The body language of the Esks while he was doing that spoke a lot. Not a single player followed him. Your season is on the line, a guy is walking into the end zone literally making fun of the situation...and you all give up? Play to the whistle! Players dropping the ball in that situation isn't that uncommon, at the very least maybe you can get a hit in...I don't know I was surprised not a single esks player took that personally.

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Speaking of Carter, putting aside his personality for a sec, and if we only look at this as we are all in to win, would he make our football team better for our drive stretch?

I'm wondering how many teams are sniffing around the Argo's for a potential deal? 

Have the argos won anything since they got him? The Riders have won a lot since they dealt him. 

Guy is a straight up cancer. I don't care what kind of talent he has he is pure poison on a team. 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Have the argos won anything since they got him? The Riders have won a lot since they dealt him. 

Guy is a straight up cancer. I don't care what kind of talent he has he is pure poison on a team. 

I get what you are saying, but what’s the worse thing that can happen....Bombers don’t win the Grey Cup???

At this point I’m okay with the club selling its soul for a chance at a Cup. If they can bring in another receiver that can be the deep threat we need without giving up too much then great. Good enough to squeak into the playoffs in a 9 team league isn’t going to cut it. We know how this story ends. Walters needs to step up and bring in a game changer on offence. 

10 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

I get what you are saying, but what’s the worse thing that can happen....Bombers don’t win the Grey Cup???

At this point I’m okay with the club selling its soul for a chance at a Cup. If they can bring in another receiver that can be the deep threat we need without giving up too much then great. Good enough to squeak into the playoffs in a 9 team league isn’t going to cut it. We know how this story ends. Walters needs to step up and bring in a game changer on offence. 

Won't happen. 

55 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

The worst that happens is he causes problems in a rock solid locker room and it starts to unravel the team itself. 

If you're shopping for a receiver who can help there are option out there to go after that aren't proven to be cancerous. 

Posey? Matthews?? Walters missed the boat on that and will more than likely sand pat and we will most likey be watching Calgary and Hamilton in the Grey Cup. I would take many other receivers over Dbag Carter, however I would not condemn Walters if he did manage to make a trade for him. At least it would show that there is somewhat of a pulse. I’d definitely have more hope than I do now. 

Edited by Dirty30

MoreJeff

Jeff Hamilton on Twitter

Weston Dressler leaves practice after getting tangled up during a 12-on-12 drill. He has returned but is only watching and won't be available to the media so it's not good (yes, im fear mongering). #Bombers 

At this point in Dressler's career and where we are at in the season, why do we even put him on the field to practice. Hit the stationary or something. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

One could argue he is being underutilized with his offensive talent. I'm not advocating to bring Carter here but our organization does have to look at  all options to make us a better football team.

3 hours ago, bb1 said:

That shite will come back to bite his ass...you don't rub it in the face of your opponent but hey he is a Rider on a Chris Jones coached team, so he does have an excuse for no class.. 

Win_With_Some_Class.gif

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Seems coincidental at best. And besides, the Argonauts were losing a lot even before they got him.

I agree on the guy being poison and I wouldn't want him in blue and gold unless the trade involved him getting a brain transplant.