Regular Season Bomber News & Discussion

BigBlue

10 minutes ago, BBRT said:

with the new rules in place in terms of Canadians working in the US - harder to get a TN-1 Visa I have to wonder how easy it will be for a Canadian citizen to get one. I assume for a Canadian to play and get paid in the AAF they will need a TN-1 Visa. Does anyone know more about this than I do? We had to get all of our Canadian employees TN-1 Visa's to work in the US this year.

I don't think the concern would be so much for Canadian talent going south - most Canadian CFL starters get paid a bit better than their American counterparts simply due to the ratio rule. I think the bigger issue is American talent staying south (in the AFL), instead of coming north. I also wonder how the legalization of marijuana will effect the ease with which Americans CFLers working in Canada will be able to reenter the US.

30 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Alexander has been excellent this season and his play is really underrated. I’d argue he’s one of our best DBs and losing him would be a blow.

Maybe it's just me but it seems when we need a stop, Alexander is the back the other teams targets and always seems to make a play on. 

Alexander.gif

5 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

That was good coverage imo.

Yeah, the other thing is that it's Richie Hall's system. It's hard to single out a player. Just seems like it's always Alexander.

Just now, J5V said:

Yeah, the other thing is that it's Richie Hall's system. It's hard to single out a player. Just seems like it's always Alexander.

Disagree. That specific play, is a qb who trusts his reciever. Reciever is covered well, ball is placed well, one of the best receivers in the league goes up and makes a great play. This isnt a bad defensive system or player. It's a good offensive play, made by a good offence. 

49 minutes ago, J5V said:

What's wrong with the scheme there?  You have a DB in perfect position to make a play on a field out.  That's as good as it gets.  You aren't going to bracket that route from the opposite hash.  That's the 2nd hardest throw for the QB to make after the flag route to the same side of the field.

58 minutes ago, J5V said:

Guy lines up ar half back, teams put their best receivers in the slot, and you wonder why the half backs get targeted more? Every db gets beat at times, but Alexander has been a really good player for us this year. For my money he's been the best, though a late charge from sayles makes it close.

18 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

So, something like 4 players in nearly 6 seasons.  The Nichols trade was total desperation at the time. Willy was finished here & they had no choice. 

Yes, but you said Walters sits on his ass and does nothing...now you want to backpedal?

28 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

On a positive note, with Edmonton losing, I believe our "magic" number to clinch the playoffs is 2. Any combination of Wpg wins and Edmonton losses means we are in.

Lots of combinations still at play as to where we end up.

We are back in full control of our future with Edmonton losing. I don’t see 2nd place being realistic but it is not out of the question. Ultimately though just winning games is all that matters now for the next four weeks. That is all they can control.

48 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

On a positive note, with Edmonton losing, I believe our "magic" number to clinch the playoffs is 2. Any combination of Wpg wins and Edmonton losses means we are in.

Lots of combinations still at play as to where we end up.

I think the magic number is 3, the tie breaker is not owned by anyone yet 1-1 and we don't play them again until the last game of the year to decide the season series.

WINNIPEG, MB., October 9, 2018 –   The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce today the club has signed international defensive ends Marcell Frazier and Patrick Choudja.

Frazier (6’4, 259, Missouri, January 8, 1994 in Portland, OR) played three seasons with the Missouri Tigers, totalling 87 tackles, 16.5 sacks and three forced fumbles in 36 games. Frazier signed with the Seattle Seahawks as an undrafted free agent in 2018 before joining the Cleveland Browns for training camp.

Choudja (6’3, 263, Nevada, April 11, 1996 in Oakley, CA) played four seasons with the Nevada Wolfpack, totalling 93 tackles, four and a half sacks and four forced fumbles in 50 games. Choudja signed with the San Francisco 49ers as an undrafted free agent in 2018.