Regular Season Bomber News & Discussion

BigBlue

On 2018-10-03 at 11:38 AM, TBURGESS said:

Our resistance is taking an import off to get Flanders on. Last year we had Westerman, Corney and Hurl as NI's on the D, so we could afford to use Flanders.

this year we are using wild for his play on teams instead of flanders as the DI. Which is a poor move imo. 

2 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Ackie and Knapton... two guys who are dirty players.... our Oline exacting revenge?... I'm ok with that. 

how the als have escaped without tons of fines and a couple suspensions for the crap they have done vs us is beyond me. 

38 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

this year we are using wild for his play on teams instead of flanders as the DI. Which is a poor move imo. 

how the als have escaped without tons of fines and a couple suspensions for the crap they have done vs us is beyond me. 

Wild is basically part of the DL rotation right now.  They've run a ton of 30 front against passing downs in the last few weeks and he comes in.

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Wild is basically part of the DL rotation right now.  They've run a ton of 30 front against passing downs in the last few weeks and he comes in.

sam hurl 2.0 (in terms of role) they drop him a decent bit too from that package though. But imo the reason he is on the roster is teams. They could use a bunch of other guys in that role, as well as actual DL. 

56 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

sam hurl 2.0 (in terms of role) they drop him a decent bit too from that package though. But imo the reason he is on the roster is teams. They could use a bunch of other guys in that role, as well as actual DL. 

Wash your mouth out with soap. Wild is not comparable to Hurl at all. Wild is and was a damned good player. Only reason he isn't a starter is cause Santos knox took his opportunity and ran with it. He is great depth cause he took a discount to stay here.

6 hours ago, BomberBall said:

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 31m31 minutes ago

#Bombers offensive linemen Matthias Goossen and Patrick Neufeld have each been fined undisclosed amounts by the @CFL for late and unnecessary hits on Montreal’s Chris Ackie, and Gabriel Knapton, respectively.

I love the fact our OL are mean & nasty & don't take **** from anyone.

Mike Miller 155 ST: Has pulled into the CFL lead in Special Teams Tackles with 17 after the Oct 5/18 game at Ottawa. The New Brunswick native is up to 155 in his career and that ranks him #12 all-time, 3 back of #11 Ray Biggs at 158 and 6 short of the Top 10. Miller has recorded at least one ST Tackle in 89 of his 137 career games - a remarkable 65% of his appearances.

51 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

I love our lineman being nasty too; however, Im wondering what we would be saying if it was the opposition's lineman being fined? Just a thought...

For years our OL were whipped puppies & turnstiles. If they can get under the defense's skin so be it. If they take a few liberties with yappy guys like Odell Willis or an asshat like Willie Jefferson then I'm fine with that.  I'm thinking that there'll be some payback next weekend coming for that guy. There better be. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

16 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Argos trying to trade SJ Green?  Can't see the asking price being too high for him.  If he's not concussed, I'd trade for him as he'd help us. But then, Walters doesn't do that in the regular season, does he? We always stand pat. 

Bauming tweeted a week or two ago, that the bombers had been trying to make some moves so it doesn't seem like that's the case this year.

Dunk says multiple teams had been asking about Green previously & were denied but he might be available now that Toronto is out.  Wonder if we were one of those teams?

7 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Bauming tweeted a week or two ago, that the bombers had been trying to make some moves so it doesn't seem like that's the case this year.

Dunk says multiple teams had been asking about Green previously & were denied but he might be available now that Toronto is out.  Wonder if we were one of those teams?

Of course Bauming would say that. Amazing how other teams can make moves late in the regular season & we can't. Meanwhile Ryan Stankford  stays on the PR. It tells me Walters sits on his ass & really doesn't want to do anything.  I don't buy the excuse we can't do anything. Why wouldn't we try to upgrade at receiver? Makes no sense.  Our roster & personnel management drives me crazy.  We are not a proactive organization. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

22 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Of course Bauming would say that. Amazing how other teams can make moves late in the regular season & we can't. Meanwhile Ryan Stankford  stays on the PR. It tells me Walters sits on his ass & really doesn't want to do anything.  I don't buy the excuse we can't do anything. Why wouldn't we try to upgrade at receiver? Makes no sense.  Our roster & personnel management drives me crazy.  We are not a proactive organization. 

What does Bauming gain by saying that? He doesn't work for the team so he has no reason to lie.  Someone asked him if he thought the team would be bringing some new blood in & he said they had made attempts.  Whether or not that actually results in players being brought in, is another thing.

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Perhaps this has something to do with it, Walters said on the CJOB pre-game show that they over-extended themselves to sign Bighill and were prepared to do whatever was needed to make it work.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

12 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Perhaps this has something to do with it, Walters said on the CJOB pre-game show that they over-extended themselves when they signed Bighill and were prepared to do whatever was needed to make it work.

That just doesn't make sense. Calgary signs Matthews and they have a lot of money tied up on  their roster with the likes of BLM and the receivers they signed in the offseason. We also have some underperforming vets that if a quality Rec became available we could cut and then sign a quality Rec. How many DE and LBS do you need? But really we have imo a game changer that sits as it is in Flanders and this regime doesn't seem interested in finding a spot on the roster for him so why go after SJ Green?  

Edited by bb1

11 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Perhaps this has something to do with it, Walters said on the CJOB pre-game show that they over-extended themselves to sign Bighill and were prepared to do whatever was needed to make it work.

Bob Irving said on twitter that Walters told him he has a stash of cash ready to sign Bighill but that would count on next year's cap & not this year.

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

What does Bauming gain by saying that? He doesn't work for the team so he has no reason to lie.  Someone asked him if he thought the team would be bringing some new blood in & he said they had made attempts.  Whether or not that actually results in players being brought in, is another thing.

I think he'd like to work for the Bombers. 

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Bob Irving said on twitter that Walters told him he has a stash of cash ready to sign Bighill but that would count on next year's cap & not this year.

Bob was referring to this coming off-season when half the team becomes F.A.'s, they could potentially lose JSK, Alexander, Jeffcoat, Goosen, etc. so Walters has a huge amount of undesignated money to spend, but he said his number one priority would be to re-sign Bighill.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne