Regular Season Bomber News & Discussion

BigBlue

Can we all just take a minute, and realize that maybe, they did try to bring some of those players back (Considering they just signed 2 that were in TC) and those players declined the offer....I think this happens more often than fans realize. Sometimes players get better paying jobs. Or are waiting on the NFL for an injury. And now there is a new league that is going to be paying more in their own country. It's not hard to believe some players just didn't want to come back.

Edited by Bigblue204

17 hours ago, wbbfan said:

you arent normally the guy to say atodaso, but...

What is strange to me is why we didnt bring back one of, awoleke, casher, or montgommery from camp. Those guys killed it. I know only two are ends but cmon those guys were great in camp and pre season. 

I remember reading that Montgomery was asked, but declined. I liked Casher too, but he's on the Lions pr now.

8 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Well you also have to consider that Jeffcoat and Corney are sitting on the IR, that takes a bite out of your depth. Moving on from Westerman isn't really the issue, more of a roster management issue with regards to the numbers of each position around. When the team is healthy they had the 4 DEs they were rotating through.

Fair point. All and all I don’t have a huge problem with the D-line but it could also be worked on a bit.

15 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Would be nice to get Poop back in the rotation.  Who's Cornflakes did he crap in?

Okpalaugo has to get his act together.  No sacks in 2 months and not even a defensive stat in the last couple games.  Not good,

I'm not sure what happened to Poop. Was still a force in the middle, but must have been missing assignments or something. He isn't hurt or at least on the IR.

• 2 weeks later...

Bombers need to add pieces especially on offense...as it stands right now we are still in the thick of the playoff race.

Maybe Walters can push a trade from Argos and/or Als who are both virtually out of contention. Again MAYBE.

SJ Green or Edwards perhaps from the Argos? 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Bombers need to add pieces especially on offense...as it stands right now we are still in the thick of the playoff race.

Maybe Walters can push a trade from Argos and/or Als who are both virtually out of contention. Again MAYBE.

Whether Flanders is the answer or not, we need another run threat in the back field to spell off Harris at times and/or use for different run packages that the defense just can't key on AH. A speedy scatback to complement one of the best running backs in the league would be a great change of pace to throw at defenses. Is there any available kicking around with nothing to do?

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Agreed but can't see Walters doing it. This group either doesn't have the $$ to add new players or really does feel happy with what they have.

19 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Agreed but can't see Walters doing it. This group either doesn't have the $$ to add new players or really does feel happy with what they have.

It's pretty rare to add anyone impactful mid-season.  The only thing I'd trade for is maybe a defensive lineman if Jeffcoat and Corney aren't likely to return.  They are really thin for Canadians on DL, but I wouldn't deal anything higher than a 4th round pick.  This team is really unlikely to go on a run with the way Nichols is playing.

On 2018-09-30 at 8:17 PM, Floyd said:

What happened to marouf 

Too raw. A long with a big pile of big bodies we drafted in the last few years. 

On 2018-09-20 at 3:39 PM, JuranBoldenRules said:

Okpalaugo has been a huge bust.  Big drain on cap space as well.

He is one of those all or nothing guys. Like joe flemming was. Every once and a while he dominates, the rest of the time he is MIA. Pound for pound id take just about all the DL over him. I wish corney had been healthy this year. 

On 2018-09-30 at 6:32 PM, HardCoreBlue said:

Whether Flanders is the answer or not, we need another run threat in the back field to spell off Harris at times and/or use for different run packages that the defense just can't key on AH. A speedy scatback to complement one of the best running backs in the league would be a great change of pace to throw at defenses. Is there any available kicking around with nothing to do?

Yeah and when weve had demski in he has filled that role really, really well. 

On 2018-09-30 at 6:32 PM, HardCoreBlue said:

I've wondered what our resistance to playing Flanders is... I remember about a 3 game stretch last year when we used Harris, Flanders and he who shall never be mentioned (TJ Thorpe)... and it gave the offense so much versatility and such an element of surprise when you have three guys with similar skill set... why don't we run something similar with Flanders, Harris, and Demski (when healthy)... Dressler and Wolitarski patrolling the middle of the field and Tompkins stretching the defense... I'm no offensive coordinator... but that seems like a recipe for success...

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

I've wondered what our resistance to playing Flanders is... I remember about a 3 game stretch last year when we used Harris, Flanders and he who shall never be mentioned (TJ Thorpe)... and it gave the offense so much versatility and such an element of surprise when you have three guys with similar skill set... why don't we run something similar with Flanders, Harris, and Demski (when healthy)... Dressler and Wolitarski patrolling the middle of the field and Tompkins stretching the defense... I'm no offensive coordinator... but that seems like a recipe for success...

Our resistance is taking an import off to get Flanders on. Last year we had Westerman, Corney and Hurl as NI's on the D, so we could afford to use Flanders.

9 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Our resistance is taking an import off to get Flanders on. Last year we had Westerman, Corney and Hurl as NI's on the D, so we could afford to use Flanders.

I don't see this happening any time soon... but it's not a coincidence or a mistake that I didn't include Darvin Adams in my "game plan"... 

But I do agree with your point... 

16 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 31m31 minutes ago

#Bombers offensive linemen Matthias Goossen and Patrick Neufeld have each been fined undisclosed amounts by the @CFL for late and unnecessary hits on Montreal’s Chris Ackie, and Gabriel Knapton, respectively.

Ackie and Knapton... two guys who are dirty players.... our Oline exacting revenge?... I'm ok with that. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy