Regular Season Bomber News & Discussion

BigBlue

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

See I see Edmonton as more of a test for the D than the offense. I don't believe that the esks can handle Harris so the offense should work fine, only a matter of can the D limit the big plays.

What are you basing this on?  Harris didn't dominate in Game 1...

We gotta take this one game at a time, with the personnel that we have.    The reality is that the Bombers do control their own destiny.  We start stringing some W's and we can go into the playoffs with a bit of confidence.   I hope the boys used the bye week to their advantage.

Annnnnddddd.... I still think Nichols can rebound (my medication hasn't worn off completely yet) 

Edited by captaincanuck12

It kind of feels like hoping against hope...  but sure would be nice to see Lapo run with a 1a/1b QB rotation through the game with Streveler getting more than just glaringly obvious QB draw snaps...  AND bring back the two back sets and misdirection - but no more gimmick plays please.

1 minute ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I think he means, if they win the extra game and match our win total in the remaining games, they would finish two points ahead of us.

That is true yes. However if both teams win out (not even remotely likely lol) then it won't matter as we will lock up a playoff spot somewhere ha ha.

48 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

We don't actually control our destiny. BC does. They have a game in hand. If they win the extra game and match our win total, they get the the last playoff spot unless Montreal or Toronto gets it.

Check your facts. I believe we hold the tie-breaker against the Leos. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

What are you basing this on?  Harris didn't dominate in Game 1...

I don't like the Edmonton defense vs. The run game in general. Game 1 I don't put a huge amount of stock into just because of the first game for a rookie qb and the crazy weather delays. Harris has done work against them in years past and I still see some of the same weaknesses.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Banjo Bowl was the chance to rebound already...  LDC was a rebound game too... how many more times are we going to trot him out

If there was any game for Streveler to start, it was this next one...  even if he's not doing anything and Nichols comes off the bench - there's less pressure all around

Now if Nichols stinks it up, Streveler goes up against Edmonton.

Huge mistake.

And if you start Streveler and he beats a sad sack Montreal team and the team goes into Edmonton thinking problem solved and turns out he isn't really ready then you have both qbs being ******. 

No given that there wasn't a huge difference in their respective performances last game you 100% go back to your veteran guy.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Banjo Bowl was the chance to rebound already...  LDC was a rebound game too... how many more times are we going to trot him out

If there was any game for Streveler to start, it was this next one...  even if he's not doing anything and Nichols comes off the bench - there's less pressure all around

Now if Nichols stinks it up, Streveler goes up against Edmonton.

Huge mistake.

Outside of two very bad decisions, Nichols was playing fine.  They were moving the ball without too much trouble, he just tried to force a throw when he didn't need to, and then he made a bad decision rather than take a sac.

I don't think Nichols has been playing all that poorly the last few games, just making a few bad decisions that have cost the team.  If he even had one of those back in the Banjo bowl, we win that game.

43 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Ticket sales must be way down...

A win in front of the sold out stadium the other day would have helped ticket sales.

And sticking with " Mr 5 int " will discourage a fair number people.

Also, lowering prices now, it's annoying. Lower the prices a bit when the place is full. Give the fans a break when they're at the game, not some other time. 

Edited by Mark F

39 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

And if you start Streveler and he beats a sad sack Montreal team and the team goes into Edmonton thinking problem solved and turns out he isn't really ready then you have both qbs being ******. 

No given that there wasn't a huge difference in their respective performances last game you 100% go back to your veteran guy.

Gimme a break - Streveler was plugged into a Nichols' offence with nothing prepared for him by Lapo.... they would have had two weeks to set up schemes for Streveler

Its EXACTLY what you want for your young QB - an easy(ish) game and then a game against Benevides...

This is exactly what you don't want now...  Wasting more time if Nichols looks good against Montreal and then throws another game away against Edmonton...?

Worse if, Nichols sucks and Streveler has to start against Reilly - that's going to get in his head from the first minute of the game.

21 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Check your facts. They have a game in hand. If they win it, they go ahead by 2 and the tie breaker doesn't matter.

You're post was worded really strangely...  like of course if BC wins more games they will make the playoffs and we won't - same with Saskatchewan.

If we win more games, then we will make the playoffs. 

Pretty neat, eh?

4 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Gimme a break - Streveler was plugged into a Nichols' offence with nothing prepared for him by Lapo.... they would have had two weeks to set up schemes for Streveler

Its EXACTLY what you want for your young QB - an easy(ish) game and then a game against Benevides...

This is exactly what you don't want now...  Wasting more time if Nichols looks good against Montreal and then throws another game away against Edmonton...?

Worse if, Nichols sucks and Streveler has to start against Reilly - that's going to get in his head from the first minute of the game.

Only if you are ready to move on from Nichols, which is a short sighted view in my mind. Streveler hasn't proven he's better yet so until that happens stick with Nichols. 

29 minutes ago, Mark F said:

A win in front of the sold out stadium the other day would have helped ticket sales.

And sticking with " Mr 5 int " will discourage a fair number people.

Also, lowering prices now, it's annoying. Lower the prices a bit when the place is full. Give the fans a break when they're at the game, not some other time. 

I don't care, I just purchased two tickets for fridays game.  Man I hope it don't rain on me again this year.