Regular Season Bomber News & Discussion

BigBlue

27 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Wow, the injury bug is really biting us (better now than October I guess).

Time for the young'ins to step up.

Injuries are usually a bad thing but on this team, it gives us a chance to see a player that might actually be an upgrade. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-08-31 at 2:53 PM, J5V said:

Injuries are usually a bad thing but on this team, it gives us a chance to see a player that might actually be an upgrade. 

With respect to that, hardrick can not get healthy soon enough. Or foketi even. Neuf at tackle is a crime against the football gods. 

Jeffcoat sucks to lose too. Derek jones might actually take lofflers starting job with the new saftey role. 

I really hope two of those guys get healthy fast. Even corney to fill in more for jeffcoat would be fantastic. 

2 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Did we really not add a single player during the bye week?

Bombers have added two training camp rejects: national defensive back Jacob Firlotte, international receivers Charles Nelson and Kenny Lawler, international linebacker Kache Palacio and international defensive back Boobie Hobbs. That's as good as it gets, folks. Cue the Boobie jokes.

8 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Bombers have added two training camp rejects: national defensive back Jacob Firlotte, international receivers Charles Nelson and Kenny Lawler, international linebacker Kache Palacio and international defensive back Boobie Hobbs. That's as good as it gets, folks. Cue the Boobie jokes.

Is any of that real? I can't find it on the Bombers transactions page.

1 minute ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Is any of that real? I can't find it on the Bombers transactions page.

It is. All 5 guys were listed as participants in the autograph session at Fan Fest too. I can't post their tweet since I'm blocked on Twitter, but I think they tweeted it too.

25 minutes ago, Mike said:

It is. All 5 guys were listed as participants in the autograph session at Fan Fest too. I can't post their tweet since I'm blocked on Twitter, but I think they tweeted it too.

Mike what is the twitter account for the bombers? I am sort of new to twitter and not sure which one to follow - and hopefully not get blocked right away😀

8 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Well you can't say that Osh isn't loyal...  he may be unemployed next year though

If you look at the total picture, it isn’t a surprise that Nichols gets the call. The surprise would be if Nichols plays poorly and stays in the game. 

These guys, the Coaches, must have discussed this move ad nauseam. There must be awareness that a win is a must in this game.

I’ll be looking at Nichol’s play for sure, but I’ll be more focused on LaPo’s play calling. I don’t expect much change though because LaPo doesn’t change much from half to half or game to game. 

We are going to win though..

Nichols deserves a chance to work out of his funk.  He has given his all to this organization the last couple years and has won us a lot of football games.  Winnipeg is such a funny sports town, as soon as a guy struggles for a few games it's time to get rid of them (Bombers or Jets).  

My prediction is that Nichols will play well, throw for over 300 yards and 3 tds.  Bighill will spy Johnny Football all game and make is night a living hell.  Bombers win by at least 3 touchdowns.

No surprise that O'Shea is starting Nichols again, even tho he's already had several chances to work out his problems. Montreal provides the best chance for Nichols to get a win. When he does, O'Shea and a bunch of folks around here, can do the Itoldyasos. The real test comes the week afterwards when we play Edmonton.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Simple fact is that Streveler didn't do enough to steal the start from Nichols. Same yardage, same completion %. Not gonna take the vets job like that. Leash gets shorter for Nichols, but he gets the chance to rebound.

Banjo Bowl was the chance to rebound already...  LDC was a rebound game too... how many more times are we going to trot him out

If there was any game for Streveler to start, it was this next one...  even if he's not doing anything and Nichols comes off the bench - there's less pressure all around

Now if Nichols stinks it up, Streveler goes up against Edmonton.

Huge mistake.

2 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

No surprise that O'Shea is starting Nichols again, even tho he's already had several chances to work out his problems. Montreal provides the best chance for Nichols to get a win. When he does, O'Shea and a bunch of folks around here, can do the Itoldyasos. The real test comes the week afterwards when we play Edmonton.

This is how I see it too - MOS gives Nichols the start and the Bombers win against the worse team in the league. Then all is sweetness and light and some folks around here can plan the parade. I see it differently;

Winnipeg wins - to be expected

Winnipeg wins by a lot - Wow! We are really good!

Winnipeg Loses - Well can not even imagine what I will read here.

Bottom line to me, a Bomber win by a few or lots means nothing to me. It is what happens after this game and the next game that counts IMHO