Regular Season Bomber News & Discussion

BigBlue

Just now, TheSource said:

That's true, and that's what we are all hoping, but it is not proven yet what the impact will be in that Ritchie Hall defense.

...bighill is arguably the best or second best MLB in the league and he is supplanting the worst. That fact alone makes us leagues better..  fenner as sam or db is also a positive.. Hes a proven vet..

Confused as to how you dont see this..

Just now, SPuDS said:

...bighill is arguably the best or second best MLB in the league and he is supplanting the worst. That fact alone makes us leagues better..  fenner as sam or db is also a positive.. Hes a proven vet..

Confused as to how you dont see this..

So is it Hall's schemes or the players?

There has been huge debate over that the last few years.

I agree that Bighill is a great player, but Fenner is a step down from Mo in my opinion, serviceable but not an all-star.

Remains to be seen how much of the problem is scheme - we are likely going to get a good idea on Thurs night.

-Cheers!

There was never any argument that Hall's D is entirely based on DE contain and an all-star MLB...  ask Mo Lloyd, John Chick, etc

Walters has assembled a team that can make Hall look good.  So yes, if it doesn't work, this year is absolutely on Hall.

I’ll add that Gaitor is better than Heath in my opinion. They play differently but I feel like Heath makes plays that we all see (picks etc) but sometimes at the expense of missing assignements. Gaitor basically made Arcenaux invisible last week when he was manned up on him. 

8 hours ago, TheSource said:

I agree that Bighill is a great player, but Fenner is a step down from Mo in my opinion, serviceable but not an all-star.

Remains to be seen how much of the problem is scheme - we are likely going to get a good idea on Thurs night.

-Cheers!

You’re not wrong - we’ll see what happens in the first 5 games. 

8 hours ago, TheSource said:

-Cheers!

Fenner in reality is an all star.. If Mo is the best SAM in the league.. Fenner is number 2. Derek Taylor backs this up btw. 

9 hours ago, TheSource said:

-Cheers!

Well we didn't have Leggett at the end of the season either, and it seems to me there was a noticeable drop off when he went out too. So yeah compared to the playoff game 2 new linebackers who are in the top teir at their respective positions should damned well improve the D. The other factor to consider is the change in ratio. We don't need to start 3 Canadians on D anymore, we are only looking at starting 1, that right there makes the D much stronger on paper. 

12 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Well we didn't have Leggett at the end of the season either, and it seems to me there was a noticeable drop off when he went out too. So yeah compared to the playoff game 2 new linebackers who are in the top teir at their respective positions should damned well improve the D. The other factor to consider is the change in ratio. We don't need to start 3 Canadians on D anymore, we are only looking at starting 1, that right there makes the D much stronger on paper. 

If and only if, the current OL can get it done.

the o-line will get it done...no issues there...same unit as last 2 years now basically save for Bond and the loss of him isn't going to be hardly noticeable..Christ if he got cut from the sad sack O-line that is Sask then he must have really regressed...nobody on their current o-line could displace anyone on ours..I'd go as far to say that our back-ups (Fokketti/Couture/Spooner) are all guys who could slot in and start there and make that team better....man sure is nice to be where we are with O-line depth and talent then it is there eh?

55 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

They lost Westerman at the same time as well.

Just now, Taynted_Fayth said:

so Bighill is #4? thought he was gonna be #50 and weird I thought bowman was #4 last time around

Bowman was 4 in Edm. He wore 12 the first time hes here.

50 is just temp / tc no for Bighill. I like the 4 on him, reminds us how we were able to have a cap space to sign him. Thanks Durant.

11 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Pretty sure it's Bauming's personal depth chart not an official game day roster.  He's looking at the overall team & listing how he sees it.

Leggett hasn't practiced very much at all. I don't think he will be playing.