Manziels @ Alouettes

Atomic

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

Montreal needs to make a trade for a qb. 

Can't win many games with this group.

They already look demoralized.

They are going to have to rely on their D.

Will be interesting to see how they match up with Bombers in 2 weeks.

Both teams are in the same situation QB-wise

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

Montreal needs to make a trade for a qb. 

Can't win many games with this group.

They already look demoralized.

There seems to be a sudden shortage of quality quarterbacks in the CFL.  They really need one of the guys on their roster to step up.  I don't know why we haven't seen Schiltz yet today.  I thought he might be their best hope.

6 minutes ago, Atomic said:

There seems to be a sudden shortage of quality quarterbacks in the CFL.  They really need one of the guys on their roster to step up.  I don't know why we haven't seen Schiltz yet today.  I thought he might be their best hope.

It's the schiltz.

22 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Willy has been given so many golden opportunities to re-establish himself.....but he just seems to have nothing left, just not the same guy that the Bombers acquired in 2014.

20 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Trying to watch this game. The telecast is just awful. Simply awful. We are being subjected to Rod Black, the loud music being blasted & crappy PA announcer. What a **** show TSN has become.

There is virtually no play-by-play, they talk incessantly yet never discuss the football game going on in the background.

4 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

There is virtually no play-by-play, they talk incessantly yet never discuss the football game going on in the background.

It's like they read the morning newspapers at their hotel, went on the Internet for awhile, then showed up for the game & just started talking about what they read. This blah, blah, blah we hear tells me that Black & Ford do very little prep. Same can be said for Suitor. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

11 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Was Manziel really that good today? 12/20(60%) for 88yards and his longest was 13. Doesnt really impress me much.

Yeah.. He didn't look off the charts by any means. He is still really struggling to read anything further down field. He typically attempts a short pass or rolls and tries to make something happen.  Alex Ross looks like the better of the two quarterbacks right now.

23 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Was Manziel really that good today? 12/20(60%) for 88yards and his longest was 13. Doesnt really impress me much.

Meh, short playbook, B and C  offensive line and recs. He did well considering.

8 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Willy has been given so many golden opportunities to re-establish himself.....but he just seems to have nothing left, just not the same guy that the Bombers acquired in 2014.

Was he ever really that good? He looked that way because of the atrocious qbs that played that position back then. 

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Was he ever really that good? He looked that way because of the atrocious qbs that played that position back then. 

No. His first season here when he was on that winning streak. He looked legit. Quick reads. Delivered the ball with authority. Stepped into throws. Then the hits started coming and all of that changed.

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

No. His first season here when he was on that winning streak. He looked legit. Quick reads. Delivered the ball with authority. Stepped into throws. Then the hits started coming and all of that changed.

Yeah he started well here, but he got broken with the pounding he took. Same deal with Collaros. Was good once upon a time but broken now. 

3 hours ago, Zontar said:

Stilll not sold on the "Collaros is done" notion. But man, hes going to need to scramble and hes always been loathe to do so

I made a point of watching his brief post-game interview and wow he really did not seem right.  Seemed concussed or on high doses of pain-meds.  The awkward silences while he slow-blinked and searched for words was cringe-worthy.  Actually a little worried for the guy’s overall well-being.

10 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

I made a point of watching his brief post-game interview and wow he really did not seem right.  Seemed concussed or on high doses of pain-meds.  The awkward silences while he slow-blinked and searched for words was cringe-worthy.  Actually a little worried for the guy’s overall well-being.

I watched the same interview & didn't get that impression at all.