So who's the new BPNTWAC?

With Washington's win, Alexander Ovechkin now can say "you can win a cup with Ovechkin on your team". So now that he gets his name engraved on the trophy, who is the "best player never to win a Cup" currently playing in the NHL, and who is the best who never won who is retired?

For current players, potential nominees include Steven Stamkos, Henrik Lundqvist, Joe Thornton, and if their droughts continue for a few more years, Carey Price and Connor McDavid.

All time, names that spring to mind include Marcel Dionne, Gilbert Perrault, Michel Goulet, Dale Hawerchuk, Eric Lindros, and maybe Jerome Iginla and Paul Kariya.

Thoughts? Anyone I missed?

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

With Washington's win, Alexander Ovechkin now can say "you can win a cup with Ovechkin on your team". So now that he gets his name engraved on the trophy, who is the "best player never to win a Cup" currently playing in the NHL, and who is the best who never won who is retired?

For current players, potential nominees include Steven Stamkos, Henrik Lundqvist, Joe Thornton, and if their droughts continue for a few more years, Carey Price and Connor McDavid.

All time, names that spring to mind include Marcel Dionne, Gilbert Perrault, Michel Goulet, Dale Hawerchuk, Eric Lindros, and maybe Jerome Iginla and Paul Kariya.

Thoughts? Anyone I missed?

I'd go with a goalie name before anyone else. If WASH gets beat by Vegas, Ovi's coming back but not so sure about Holtby.

So Lundq, Rinne, Price.

Now that Ovi has a cup, seems like Stamkos should be next in line.  TB has been close for a long time, not unlike Washington.  They just need one final push.

Also should mention Tavares.  Who knows what will happen with him though.

Edited by Atomic