Hamilton shopping Vernon Adams

2 hours ago, Bleeding Blue&Gold said:

https://www.thespec.com/sports-story/8657814-ticats-to-ship-out-qb-adams/

In the light of Nichols injury, maybe this is something we should pursue as an insurance policy.

Definitely a better option then going back to begging Durant to come out of his 'retirement'.

Slim pickings out there, but he may be the best available option, depending on the price.

33 minutes ago, Bleeding Blue&Gold said:

In the light of Nichols injury, maybe this is something we should pursue as an insurance policy.

Definitely a better option then going back to begging Durant to come out of his 'retirement'.

Why is it an isurance policy? Is it the "because I've heard of him!!!!" Mentality that shows up a lot? Vernon Adams has been around the block a bunch and can't seem to stick, that right there should tell me he's not the answer to anybodies qb situation. 

If they have make it known that they are shopping him around, there is no need to trade for him because he's done.  Just wait for them to announce that they've cut him.  Having said that, I agree that he's not proven that he's much more, talent wise, than we already have and by the time he knows the system well enough that he could actually run it properly (and better than Ross/Streveler) , Nichols is likely back.

50 minutes ago, tracker said:

Slim pickings out there, but he may be the best available option, depending on the price.

Slim Pickings is out there.....sign him    ...Didn't think much of Adams when he was brought in by Wally....still didn't like him when he was in Mont....did nothing in Regina and even less in Ham....Do we want to give him a handle like 'suitcase Glenn' and bring him in then cut him???   Sorry I think we pass

What value is picking up a quarterback at this point? By the time that guy gets up to speed, Nichols is going to be back.  People around here complain all the time about us 'not developing a quarterback' or not using the late stages of games to get these guys experience .. here we have an opportunity, albeit under less than ideal circumstances, to give valuable reps and game experience to the guys on our roster, guys we've committed to. 

I say roll with the guys we have.

I liked the idea of him having 4 CFL starts, slightly better than the QB's still in camp.

But, after listening to the'expert' opinions, I wouldn't pay much for him, and we would still, at best, sorting out team chemistry with him when Nichols comes back.

I would pass unless he was cut.  Then, who knows..........

Let the QB carousal continue.........................Elliot, Mauve, Davis, etc, etc, one's got to stick, right?????????????????

1 hour ago, Bleeding Blue&Gold said:

Nah think I would pass! Let's see what we have in camp does over the first 4-6 games. it is a long season and even getting off to a slow start may not hurt us down the road. Might be best to see what we have does when the bullets fly in earnest.

8 minutes ago, do or die said:

Hey this Bethel-Thompson from Toronto.....has a CFL completion rate of 100.00%!!!

Ok, so it was only 2 pass attempts....but still....

As far as "begging" or even asking Durant to come out of retirement........He can just stay at home and bleed Rider Green, and manure.

Apparently mbt has been killing it in TOs camp this year. If ross plays poorly or especially if he and bennett do or one gets hurt I could see jumping at one of these guys. But still not giving up a lot. 

6 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Remarkable how things are falling into place for Maziel. Adams hurt himself lifting weights and cant showcase himself in ex gamesand thus removing himself from the qb competion .....and now hes out the door.

You forgot that part about Mazoli sucking...  

1 hour ago, do or die said:

Hey this Bethel-Thompson from Toronto.....has a CFL completion rate of 100.00%!!!

Ok, so it was only 2 pass attempts....but still....

As far as "begging" or even asking Durant to come out of retirement........He can just stay at home and bleed Rider Green, and manure.

Isn't Streveler 100% at this point too?  And that's on 10 attempts, so that makes him 5 times better then Bethel Thompson if my math is right.

4 hours ago, voodoochylde said:

What value is picking up a quarterback at this point? By the time that guy gets up to speed, Nichols is going to be back.  People around here complain all the time about us 'not developing a quarterback' or not using the late stages of games to get these guys experience .. here we have an opportunity, albeit under less than ideal circumstances, to give valuable reps and game experience to the guys on our roster, guys we've committed to. 

I say roll with the guys we have.

I agree. As far as Durant, there is the obvious pride thing. I'd rather lose every game all year than ask a guy to come back after bad blood like there has been, both ways.  Secondly Durant wasn't at camp, doesn't know offense, would be lost coming in there, likely out of shape. Not gaining anything there. Glenn would know the offense to certain extent, he would make sense but isn't available. If I was sure its just 4 games, I'd roll with what you have. I hope Nichols is ok and gets back out there soon

June Jones said Adams would be traded yesterday.. Well, that didnt happen..

Tells me nobody is interested and never was. Adams is like... Hes giant tiger.. Hes cheap, hes affordable but in the end, you know you are buying crap that wont last. 

48 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Tells me nobody is interested and never was. Adams is like... Hes giant tiger.. Hes cheap, hes affordable but in the end, you know you are buying crap that wont last. 

I think you're referring to Bryan Bennett...

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

I agree. As far as Durant, there is the obvious pride thing. I'd rather lose every game all year than ask a guy to come back after bad blood like there has been, both ways.  Secondly Durant wasn't at camp, doesn't know offense, would be lost coming in there, likely out of shape. Not gaining anything there. Glenn would know the offense to certain extent, he would make sense but isn't available. If I was sure its just 4 games, I'd roll with what you have. I hope Nichols is ok and gets back out there soon

Agree on all points. I could possibly see a three way deal with glenn back here, adams to edm so they get back to a younger higher up side back up and conditional picks etc flying all over.

47 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Or that no one wants him to pay what jones wants in return. 

He really isnt a giant tiger. Hes a better prospect then ross and as good or maybe slightly better then streveler. He has been traded 3 times so far and each time for very good value. 

11 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Agree on all points. I could possibly see a three way deal with glenn back here, adams to edm so they get back to a younger higher up side back up and conditional picks etc flying all over.

Or that no one wants him to pay what jones wants in return. 

He really isnt a giant tiger. Hes a better prospect then ross and as good or maybe slightly better then streveler. He has been traded 3 times so far and each time for very good value. 

This is his 4th team. Im not sure hes a good prospect anymore. I think he is what he is and he isnt good enough

Just now, Goalie said:

This is his 4th team. Im not sure hes a good prospect anymore. I think he is what he is and he isnt good enough

based on what? the fact 3 teams have given up a bevy of draft picks and players for him in the past? Some how being on a team with a healthy starter that also happened to get manziel makes him less of a player? Hes been in the league for two years. Hes 25 years old. appeared in 7 games. He is hardly ruined, exposed or lost his prospect status. 

You just seem tired of hearing about him. 

18 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

based on what? the fact 3 teams have given up a bevy of draft picks and players for him in the past? Some how being on a team with a healthy starter that also happened to get manziel makes him less of a player? Hes been in the league for two years. Hes 25 years old. appeared in 7 games. He is hardly ruined, exposed or lost his prospect status. 

You just seem tired of hearing about him. 

I would take him over Willy, who has shown he is broken in some regard (mentally?), Were adams hasn't had the chance to play.  And maziel > Adams.  

I would say that i would also be okay with  willy being given another change to play Behind nichols and given time to grow into a better QB which he showed he was capable of being.  I think with our much stronger o-line and improved offensive weapons (Bowman, adams, Harris, dressler, demski et al) he would do alot better.  Without any personal knowledge of his situations, it seems like his confidence in his reads and him second guessing himself  with a fear of being hit caused most of his issues.  I don't see it working out for him in montreal..   But i could see him being the 2nd string QB here that could possible regain his prior form. 

But.  thats hard to do when you have Shrevler that looks better so far coming right out of college. 

Edited by Adrenaline_x