TSN introduces streaming service for CFL games.

6 minutes ago, StevetheClub said:

If just for CFL or Bomber-only games, just get a VPN and use http://cfl.yaretv.com. They have single game, team, and league passes. I got the Bomber pass last season (and will again this season) and highly recommend it.

Which country did you choose? Did it stream consistently? Was it in HD? How much bandwidth?

51 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

About time, but that price is pretty high. I would want the ability to go back and watch old streams of games. If I could do that with the Bombers then cable cutting becomes much easier.

When TSN used to offer it for free on their website they had it in a video on demand archive that you could only watch after the live game was over, I don't know if it's still organized that way.

4 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Which country did you choose? Did it stream consistently? Was it in HD? How much bandwidth?

I used a Netherlands VPN. Streams maxed out at 720p. Don't know how much bandwidth that translates into.

Didn't have outages that I remember .... the main hassle was waiting for games to show up in the on-demand archive.  There was at least one game that didn't show up in the archive.  Yaretv tech support was not super good.

At $80 for the season plus ~$10/mo for the VPN, you're looking at $140ish for the season ..  not a huge savings over TSN streaming if you've got the option of using either one.  But if you just want to stream Bomber games or the odd single game, yaretv is way better.

Edited by johnzo

41 minutes ago, johnzo said:

I used a Netherlands VPN. Streams maxed out at 720p. Don't know how much bandwidth that translates into.

Didn't have outages that I remember .... the main hassle was waiting for games to show up in the on-demand archive.  There was at least one game that didn't show up in the archive.  Yaretv tech support was not super good.

At $80 for the season plus ~$10/mo for the VPN, you're looking at $140ish for the season ..  not a huge savings over TSN streaming if you've got the option of using either one.  But if you just want to stream Bomber games or the odd single game, yaretv is way better.

you use nord vpn?

Thats not a bad price. Given the history of TSN screwing up, and screwing games over Id go with yaretv with out question. 

12 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Keep in mind TSN is owned by one of the biggest traditional media companies in the world.  They aren't going to give away live events, which is their only hope to hang onto their traditional business model.

Okay but I can buy a full season of MLB for that price. Not asking to give it away but I would pay $150 - $200 a year for all of TSN (everything they offer across all their channels). That's more than they get from me now with cable. Even leave the commercials in for that price. 

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

Thanks for the info. PIA, the VPN I'm using, is about $3 a month so the savings are still pretty good. I'll try a game to see how it goes.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Okay but I can buy a full season of MLB for that price. Not asking to give it away but I would pay $150 - $200 a year for all of TSN (everything they offer across all their channels). That's more than they get from me now with cable. Even leave the commercials in for that price. 

They’d prefer you buy cable.