2018 Bomber Hall of Fame Inductees

Jpan85

57 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Not a good choice. He finished his career ranked 11th on the team’s all-time receiving list. 0 all-Canadian nods. Plenty more deserving choices in my opinion.

I don't know. If someone were to ask me about great Bomber receivers from "my" era, the first name out of my mouth would obviously be Milt Stegall, and the second would probably be Robert Gordon. Then Terrence Edwards probably.

Then Geoff Drover.

15 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Not a good choice. He finished his career ranked 11th on the team’s all-time receiving list. 0 all-Canadian nods. Plenty more deserving choices in my opinion.

agree. Like the guy as a person and all, but the last couple years post injury he was a real dud. 

14 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I don't know. If someone were to ask me about great Bomber receivers from "my" era, the first name out of my mouth would obviously be Milt Stegall, and the second would probably be Robert Gordon. Then Terrence Edwards probably.

Then Geoff Drover.

Really thin era for WRs long term no doubt. Though in the short term we saw the likes of geroy, AJ3, arland bruce3 etc. Id a put mike sellers in  before flash gordon. Its a thing crop of wrs, I just wouldnt put in a wr from that era. Tom europe, elfred peyton, harold nash (all time leader in PKDs when he retired) Juran bolden is debatable (parts of 4 seasons here two stints that saw him return to the nfl) etc.

Also at some point we either have to dig really deep to try and put some one into the BB HOF, or we have to skip a year or a few. Id rather us skip and hold the honors for truly elite players. 

He gets into the Bomber hall of fame if only for catching a first down pass and getting knocked the **** out but still holding onto the ball. 

His best wasn't very long here but the guy was such a key part of what they did in the early 2000s and let's be honest if not for that short period of time we'd all likely have killed ourselves the team was so depressing otherwise. 

Wasn't Gordon an import? so if he won 0 all canadian honours....

I remember very limited Gordon stand out moments. The early 00's was the Khari, Milt and Blink show with special guests. Gordon, like others have mentioned in Simon, Bruce...ect were just along for the ride while those 3 set field on fire and brought the asses back in masses (credit Dr. Seuss for the sick rhyme)

I'm eagerly awaiting the reaction to the day Stoddard gets in

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Wasn't Gordon an import? so if he won 0 all canadian honours....

I remember very limited Gordon stand out moments. The early 00's was the Khari, Milt and Blink show with special guests. Gordon, like others have mentioned in Simon, Bruce...ect were just along for the ride while those 3 set field on fire and brought the asses back in masses (credit Dr. Seuss for the sick rhyme)

I'm eagerly awaiting the reaction to the day Stoddard gets in

the 'bod? you know he is a shoe in...

Mike sellers too. 908/1,020 yards from scrimmage while playing next to blink + 40 teams tackles and some amazing work blocking. If we could have kept that back field combo together blink would have held up longer and so would khari. 

39 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

the 'bod? you know he is a shoe in...

Mike sellers too. 908/1,020 yards from scrimmage while playing next to blink + 40 teams tackles and some amazing work blocking. If we could have kept that back field combo together blink would have held up longer and so would khari. 

http://www.cflapedia.com/Players/s/sellers_mike.htm

The more I think about it, and the more I reflect on the interception machine Jake Thomas from last season, maybe we got ourselves a canadian version of gronkowski and we should start lining him up as a TE if were going all import on the DL. basically only used in the red zone, and just stand there in the endzone with his hands up. boom redzone woes fixed. but Thomas will need to keep his money makers mint with these

Image result for david duchovny hand model

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

am I misremembering things a bit or did they try something similar with Jerome Heywood being a plug FB at times?

I think we did. That guy was such an odd duck. Idr his name but we had a DE at one point that was bow legged and pigeon toed too. 

The more I think about it, and the more I reflect on the interception machine Jake Thomas from last season, maybe we got ourselves a canadian version of gronkowski and we should start lining him up as a TE if were going all import on the DL. basically only used in the red zone, and just stand there in the endzone with his hands up. boom redzone woes fixed. but Thomas will need to keep his money makers mint with these

Image result for david duchovny hand model

Nah. Use trent corney. Who is gonna cover a guy that big and that fast, and who is gonna tackle him. 

Edited by wbbfan

Unfortunately when I think about Robert Gordon I remember the year Geroy Simon wanted to come back to the CFL and Brendan Taman told him we didn't have room for him. Of course no one knew what a star Simon would become in B.C.   The receivers we had at that point were great- Stegall, Arland Bruce, and Robert Gordon, but man oh man...adding Simon??!! 

33 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Unfortunately when I think about Robert Gordon I remember the year Geroy Simon wanted to come back to the CFL and Brendan Taman told him we didn't have room for him. Of course no one knew what a star Simon would become in B.C.   The receivers we had at that point were great- Stegall, Arland Bruce, and Robert Gordon, but man oh man...adding Simon??!! 

The reason they didn't have room for Simon was because Arland Bruce stepped up, hardly the big faux pas it was made to seem. They were never going to drop Gordon for Simon. No way no how. Ultra reliable vet who was Khari Jones security blankey or promising young player when you already have one of those already...