[MERGED] WPG vs. BC - Battles to Watch

BigBlue

Yahoo we won .... we had multiple individual victories ... now the rookies have a week to unseat the incumbents:

I count 12 major battles for a starter spot (there are even more for backup spots)

DE: Roh

DT: Bryant

FB: Augustine

3rd QB: Bennett

RG: Spooner

P: Menard Briere

SB: Petermann

WR: Wolitarsky

DI: Lankford

DI/R: White

DI: Washington

DB: Gaitor

DB: Seisay

WILL: Wilson

We are not taking 70 players on the flight .... just the battlers ... MOS won't know who until he sees the film ... the O-line also needs to develop some cohesion and harmony ... Nichols may want a little tuneup time to get ready for the opener ... there is much to be settled next Friday

Our DB's are:

Brandon Alexander

Anthony Gaitor*

Marcus Sayles *

Mo Seisay *

Chris Humes

Derek Jones

Kevin Fogg *

Brian Walker *

Chris Randle*

Taylor Loffler

Chandler Fenner *

Maurice Leggett *

Kahler Branning*

Abu Conteh

Steven Clarke *

Rob Priester *

Jordan Thomas *

Tyneil Cooper *

Brandon Morgan

Jacob Firlotte #

Fenner, Randle, & Loffler have their jobs locked down

Fogg, Walker & Alexander are looking over their shoulder for the other 3 starting spots (Leggett might be 6 game IR)

Clarke, a cfl veteran, looked good Friday ... so how close are Gaitor, Seisay and Sayles? Do Branning, Cooper, and Priester have a chance?

Does Canadian Derek Jones have a shot to start at CB?

Edited by BigBlue

On 2018-06-01 at 11:33 PM, BigBlue said:

Yahoo we won .... we had multiple individual victories ... now the rookies have a week to unseat the incumbents:

I count 12 major battles for a starter spot (there are even more for backup spots)

DE: Roh

DT: Bryant

FB: Augustine

3rd QB: Bennett

RG: Spooner

P: Menard Briere

SB: Petermann

WR: Wolitarsky

DI: Lankford

DI/R: White

DI: Washington

DB: Gaitor

DB: Seisay

WILL: Wilson

We are not taking 70 players on the flight .... just the battlers ... MOS won't know who until he sees the film ... the O-line also needs to develop some cohesion and harmony ... Nichols may want a little tuneup time to get ready for the opener ... there is much to be settled next Friday

I think we will see a DE rotation again. Atleast for a while. Dt, is bryant even healthy? Cant make the club from the tub.

Money is tight, DL is deep faith needs to become productive for his pay this year. We know jake thomas gives us a lot as a depth canadian and can start if needed.

Augustin, I think his versatility and teams play will get him on the roster. Fills a need. Especially if lafrance isnt good to go. 

Qb will be interesting to continue to watch un fold.

Speller is also in the mix. Newf and to a lesser extent couture are on the hot spot. Hope hardrick is healthy.

briere I feel like will end up doing some punting for us this year, or maybe he will sit on the pr like castillo for a while. I think he is the future.

The NI wrs are a good watch for sure. The real battle is gonna be the ones under our big 3 young guns. One of those guys atleast is gonna be around. And they are all in a dog fight.

DB is another dog fight. Soo many vets and young guys. seisay if healthy, sayles, and cooper, for the new guys and the ex leos. One is likely to start while mo is recovering, one a DI, and one or two on the PR/scratch list. 6 guys, one starting spot one back up and a whole lot of risk after that. 

1 hour ago, BigBlue said:

Our DB's are:

Brandon Alexander

Anthony Gaitor*

Marcus Sayles *

Mo Seisay *

Chris Humes

Derek Jones

Kevin Fogg *

Brian Walker *

Chris Randle*

Taylor Loffler

Chandler Fenner *

Maurice Leggett *

Kahler Branning*

Abu Conteh

Steven Clarke *

Rob Priester *

Jordan Thomas *

Tyneil Cooper *

Brandon Morgan

Jacob Firlotte #

Fenner, Randle, & Loffler have their jobs locked down

Fogg, Walker & Alexander are looking over their shoulder for the other 3 starting spots (Leggett might be 6 game IR)

Clarke, a cfl veteran, looked good Friday ... so how close are Gaitor, Seisay and Sayles? Do Branning, Cooper, and Priester have a chance?

Does Canadian Derek Jones have a shot to start at CB?

I think fogg has solidified his spot so far, but yeah its a lot of guys for not a lot of spots. 

Jones is good enough imo, but idk if we have the back up for him. Though I do like morgan I dont think he is ready. And I think the battle at imp db is thick. 

https://www.bclions.com/2018/06/02/post-game-june-1-ricky-llo

Quarterback Ricky Lloyd talks about his second half heroics and leading the Lions to a pre-season victory in Calgary. Lloyd passed for three touchdowns in the third quarter.

BC Lions rookie quarterback Ricky Lloyd looked sharp in his team’s pre-season opener, taking the majority of the snaps after replacing an injured Cody Fajardo in the second quarter. The 25-year-old connected on 15 of 23 passes for 121 yards and three touchdowns in his team’s 36-23 

Jonathon Jennings played just a quarter and the Lions’ projected starter connected on four of five passes and 40 yards.

His counterpart, Bo Levi Mitchell, stayed in the game for two drives for the Stampeders, making three of five passes for 45 yards and a rushing touchdown before moving aside for the rest of the team’s pivots.victory.

Wally Buono post game:

https://www.bclions.com/2018/06/02/post-game-june-1-wally-buono/

Sunday morning saw the release of nine Lion rookie internationals: DL Gelen Robinson, DL Quinton Bradley, DL Breion Creer, DB Deion Carter, DB Solomon Means, WR Vernon Johnson, WR Ronnie Holley, OL David Patterson and OL Jac’que Polite were all sent packing. RB Travon Van has returned home to deal with a personal family matter. He has been placed on the suspended list.

CFL teams must be down to 56 players on Saturday, June 9th.

Here is the Lions depth chart:

https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2018/06/TC-Depth-June-3.pdf

Edited by BigBlue

MOS: 

One of those young guys is Seisay, the 6-2, 203-pound product of Nebraska who has had stints with the Detroit Lions (2014) and Seattle Seahawks (2015-16) and just returned to practice this week after missing time with an injury.

“He’s long. We like his athleticism,” said O’Shea. “I’m glad he gets back on the field and gets a couple practices under his belt before this next game so that we can see what he can do.”

Clarke appeared in 25 games over four seasons with the B.C. Lions, but his release speaks volumes of the remaining competition at defensive back in camp.

That crew includes imports Chris Randle, Brian Walker, Kevin Fogg, Brandon Alexander, Anthony Gaitor, Tyneil Cooper, Chris Humes, Robert Priester, Marcus Sayles, Mohammed Seisay and Jordan Thomas – and either Chandler Fenner or Maurice Leggett, depending on who starts at the strong-side linebacker/dime spot. As well, the club has Canadians Taylor Loffler, Derek Jones, Kahlen Branning, Abu Conteh, Jacob Firlotte and Brendan Morgan in the defensive backfield.

Edited by BigBlue

33 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

Wait til he hears about that world famous Winnipeg sushi. He will balloon like a Jets fan's hopes.

If he's looking to shed some NFL weight I can vouch that the combo of Lucky Lager and 7-11 sushi is the most powerful laxative in existence. Makes Taco Bell look like it was made with pepto bismol

3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Not sure what this means.  Like are we talking Troy Stoudermire long here?

refers to preceding paragraph: 

"One of those young guys is Seisay, the 6-2, 203-pound product of Nebraska"

Edited by BigBlue

17 hours ago, lyin' guy said:

Wait til he hears about that world famous Winnipeg sushi. He will balloon like a Jets fan's hopes.

Crying over Bighill? Just accept the fact that he wears Blue & Gold now... and not your filthy black & orange.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

10 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

Not cryin’.  lyin’. 

Like a lion....keep tryin................................................Oh this is getting so bad   lol...I'm sure Bighill is relishing the day he can lay some big hits on his former club...Won't be fri.     but it's comin'

Edited by Stickem

15 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Like a lion....keep tryin................................................Oh this is getting so bad   lol...I'm sure Bighill is relishing the day he can lay some big hits on his former club...Won't be fri.     but it's comin'

Meh. Hit away. 

21 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

If he's looking to shed some NFL weight I can vouch that the combo of Lucky Lager and 7-11 sushi is the most powerful laxative in existence. Makes Taco Bell look like it was made with pepto bismol

Lucky Lager sounds like a quality product just by the classy name but I see that it has a 2 out of 5 rating in some beer rating sites. I never heard of it before but I will definitely keep an eye out for it in the LC. Just to make sure it does not hop into my cart like a suicidal fish.