TSN Panel Changes

Rich

1 minute ago, Gotmilt said:

Oh god Davis Sanchez is the worst. If you think Climie hates the Bombers, try Dirty Sanchez.

you know I could never figure out what Climie had against the Bombers. Ever since I can remember he seems to always get that "left handed comment" or "negative viewpoint" on anything related to the Bombers. I try not to be hyper sensitive (I leave that to the Rider Fans) but he has always come across that way in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, BBRT said:

you know I could never figure out what Climie had against the Bombers. Ever since I can remember he seems to always get that "left handed comment" or "negative viewpoint" on anything related to the Bombers. I try not to be hyper sensitive (I leave that to the Rider Fans) but he has always come across that way in my opinion.

I’ve learned to take what he says with a grain of salt, however I do know why Sanchez hates us, I remember the entire east side chanting Dirty Sanchez at him after trying to take out Stegalls knees for the 64th time and absolutely destroying Stokes (I think) with total disregard for no yards with no call iirc.

Edited by Gotmilt

10 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I like Matty, Climy, Milt and Sanchez.

I don't like Shultz or Burris.

I haven't heard much of Sanchez, so I'll reserve judgement.

I usually liked Shultz - not so much when he tried to go X's and O's, but just his persona meshed well with the original panel. I never used to like CLimie, but he's grown on me. I think most Bomber fans are way too sensitive regarding him. Most of the time when he was criticizing us, we were a really terrible team.

Can't stand Burris. He may improve, but right now he doesn't add anything to the discussion. The sole reason he is on the panel is because of the drama he created late in his playing career and they think having him on will be a ratings boost.

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I like Matty, Climy, Milt and Sanchez.

I don't like Shultz or Burris.

At least guys like Climie and Sanchez have the capacity to put some thought into what they are saying, Burris and Schultz are just idiots saying the most superficial thing as if it was hard hitting in depth stuff. 

This may be an unpopular opinion but I'm not the biggest fan of Doug Brown on the radio either. Guy is a smart and knows what's going on but I find he simply talks too much and tries to use too many big words when it's not needed. If he'd keep things short and to the point he'd be really good but he rambles too much. 

30 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

At least guys like Climie and Sanchez have the capacity to put some thought into what they are saying, Burris and Schultz are just idiots saying the most superficial thing as if it was hard hitting in depth stuff. 

This may be an unpopular opinion but I'm not the biggest fan of Doug Brown on the radio either. Guy is a smart and knows what's going on but I find he simply talks too much and tries to use too many big words when it's not needed. If he'd keep things short and to the point he'd be really good but he rambles too much. 

Totally agree on Brown. He's one of the reasons I've started listening to 1290 more. Just say what you gotta say and be done with it!

I'm not a big fan of Sanchez even on his CFL/TSN interwebs show (not sure what it was called). Maybe he will improve on TV.

54 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

It's not the unpopular opinion,   he also tries way to hard so it comes off un natural.  

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Brown just tries way too hard to be a contrarian and really wants to sound like he knows more than the rest of the journalists.

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I don't like the way Brown uses 15 words when 1 or 2 will do.

Agreed. Brown is smart and knows the game from an insider's point of view. He ought to throw his thesaurus away and talk like he's not trying to impress. He's even got a decent sense of ha-ha on occasion.

25 minutes ago, tracker said:

He's even got a decent sense of ha-ha on occasion.

yah, pretty dry sense of humour he has.

I'm a Doug Brown fan..... "big" words are fine......

Also like Walby a lot. and Bauming.

Westwood can be funny, and has interesting opinions,  isn't afraid to "tell it like it is" He was an early, big time O'Shea enthusiast. Even in the darkest days of loserville.

reminds me......Where's Noeller?

Edited by Mark F

Panel has beeen stale for years.

Clever move with Bierness

. Network can virtue signal with a woman in a mans sport as an offering  to the cult of diversity whilst offering sex appeal to those who still place importance on feminine beauty.

Wont miss Schultz's "in the sense that..." 40 times a week.

7 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Panel has beeen stale for years.

Clever move with Bierness

. Network can virtue signal with a woman in a mans sport as an offering  to the cult of diversity whilst offering sex appeal to those who still place importance on feminine beauty.

Wont miss Schultz's "in the sense that..." 40 times a week.

I used to hate Schultz but have learned to respect him. His appearances on TSN1290 helped turn my opinion on him. 

Give me less Climie and less Burris, please. 

There HAS to be better talent available??