Stanley Cup final.....

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Fleury stole the series with the Jets. It's good to see that one trick pony Vegas team down 2-1 & Fleury's sad eyes wondering how that last goal just went in. I'm not watching the series except occasionally I may flick it on for a few minutes here & there. Want the Caps to keep pouring it on. 

Fleurry was beatable against the Jets, he let in some soft goals.  Now he's playing another team with plenty of fire power that isn't gassed from the previous round. 

4 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Fleurry was beatable against the Jets, he let in some soft goals.  Now he's playing another team with plenty of fire power that isn't gassed from the previous round. 

You must have watched a different series than me. I just saw Gumby don the pads & mask for Vegas & go in & make flukey saves others couldn't make. Then smirk afterwards. Gumby appears a bit stiff this series, Poor guy. 

8 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Hellebucyk faced for more situations where he was one on one with a shooter.  Fleury usually had support in front of him; when he didn't, the Jets scored most of the time. 

That's part of the < .900 SP%

Agreed, I wasn't berating Hellebuyck for the less than .900, he faced far more high danger scoring chances, and there weren't too many soft goals.  But Fleury's .940 or whatever it was against the Jets was a significant difference in the series.

Just now, Goalie said:

But without him they aren't in the finals. Still think he gets it. 

If vegas wins, yes.  If Caps win, no.  To give the losing team the MVP, it takes an insane performance and MAF had that til this round.  3 goals per game in the final wont cut it.  I'd be very surprised unless something changes.  Which it can.  Its just so rare (was Jean-Sebastian Gigeur the last?) it has to be out of this world.

7 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Miller was worse and it was hilarious when he kept diving and snapping his head back and the refs did not call it.

The refs were fantastic in the third period.

He did break his nose... But yeah he embellished big time.

53 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

No matter who wins this final.......Vegas has sure made it tough for other cities to follow the sideshow entertainment they provide.  

The Jets dont even have scantily dressed puck bunnies cleaning the ice so i dont expect them to project images on the ice next season.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg