Stanley Cup final.....

3 hours ago, Brandon Blue&Gold said:

Uhm sure ok I guess.  Terrible tragedy last fall true enough.  Didn't change the fact most of us on here were hoping our hockey team would crush their hockey team. And I'd still rather they not win the cup.  But they are the Team of Destiny this season apparently.  Maybe it's inevitable. 

I am torn tonight cheering wise.........I really don't care either way who wins it all.  Ovechkin is due.....the Vegas Knight expansion story is something we may never see again in the NHL........ I suppose I will just enjoy the competition and hope both teams put on a great show. 

Now I'm really wishing that the expansion went to QC....otherwise we would be in the finals right now (okay granted so would QC's team but who cares there would have been two Canadian teams in the finals depending on whether we whupped San Jose's butt or whoever we could have faced in round 3 instead of Vegas)

yeah this hasn't happened in 11 years...how can I forget I was days away from graduating from High School when the Sens were in the finals

DeUseaIU0AAiWfO.jpg:large

Edited by iHeart

11 minutes ago, iHeart said:

Now I'm really wishing that the expansion went to QC....otherwise we would be in the finals right now (okay granted so would QC's team but who cares there would have been two Canadian teams in the finals depending on whether we whupped San Jose's butt or whoever we could have faced in round 3 instead of Vegas)

yeah this hasn't happened in 11 years...how can I forget I was days away from graduating from High School when the Sens were in the finals

DeUseaIU0AAiWfO.jpg:large

How many more expansion teams do you think there will ever be ?.... 40 teams in the NHL ?......more than 50 ? 

8 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

How many more expansion teams do you think there will ever be ?.... 40 teams in the NHL ?......more than 50 ? 

I'd rather QC get a team and even it up with 32 teams...besides Bettman said he won't make a decision about Seattle at the upcoming BOG meeting in a few weeks, maybe September maybe even later in the year

Edited by iHeart

7 hours ago, Mark H. said:

That’s rather over-simplified. 

While it is oversimplified, I tend to agree.  Not accounting for momentum swings and a whole slew of other intangibles (hence the oversimplification), that would amount to 9 extra goals for the Jets in the 4 games the Jets lose.  Jets likely win at least 2 of those 4 and force a game 7 at a minimum.

Unfortunately, it was the Jets who had sub .900 SP% for the series.  

2 hours ago, Tony Fresco said:

While it is oversimplified, I tend to agree.  Not accounting for momentum swings and a whole slew of other intangibles (hence the oversimplification), that would amount to 9 extra goals for the Jets in the 4 games the Jets lose.  Jets likely win at least 2 of those 4 and force a game 7 at a minimum.

Unfortunately, it was the Jets who had sub .900 SP% for the series.  

Hellebucyk faced for more situations where he was one on one with a shooter.  Fleury usually had support in front of him; when he didn't, the Jets scored most of the time. 

That's part of the < .900 SP%