Stanley Cup final.....

27 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I think I would disagree with this statement. If Vegas wins and the Winnipeg boys bring the cup out in Winnipeg for a party,  that there will be many jet fans attending. Probably even wearing their jet jerseys while taking pics with the cup if they get the chance. 

Nobody would turn up for Reaves or Eakin. Just their friends and family. Why? Cuz they aren't stars like Toews is. The only guy from WPG who actually got a crowd out when he won was Toews. 

10 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Nobody would turn up for Reaves or Eakin. Just their friends and family. Why? Cuz they aren't stars like Toews is. The only guy from WPG who actually got a crowd out when he won was Toews. 

This. Did anyone show up when Eric Fehr won with the Penguins? Nope.

Honestly, though... Just ignore the troll. The garbage commentary is the same crap he pulls on TEP.

21 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

It isn't. Skunky just likes to troll Jets fans, same as on TEP.

We need some kind of skunk trap. a live trap, then we can just relocate skunky to somewhere where he/she can't annoy and spray smelly stuff over everybody nearby.

Although who knows, skunky might have rabies. certainly seems possible.

Edited by Mark F

4 hours ago, Goalie said:

He brought it here also tho. Nobody cared tho cuz hes Eric Fehr

Because he is from Winkler......that makes sense.  Reaves and Eakins bring the cup home this summer for a party......there will be a party with jets fans attending.....,.any true hockey fan would support a local kid. ......

1 hour ago, sweep the leg said:

Several hundred people showed up to see both Fehr and Penner with the Cup. Obviously not as many people as Toews, but still significantly more than nobody.

Neepawa also packed their arena to see Hnidy when he won with the Bruins.

Not in Winnipeg, which, of course, is the point being made. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Not in Winnipeg, which, of course, is the point being made. 

What is this "point" that people speak of ?.........I said Reaves an Eakins are from the peg, so them bringing the cup to the city would generate a party.

Others speak of people who aren't from Winnipeg bringing the cup to the city.........and are making some kind of comparison ? 

toews is from Winnipeg......hence the party when he showed up with the cup.  Now Add in the bomber connection with Reaves and Eakins.......I would say if Vegas wins they should have a social at IGF celebrating these two. 

it's not like IGF couldn't use any revenue from the place....... maybe they could make a few dollars(beer at 10$ a can),  and at the same time help some organizations get some media attention to help their causes.....and raise some money themselves as well......

if the Bombers reached out to the hockey community mayabe it would sell even more tickets to games......jus an idea 

17 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

it's not like IGF couldn't use any revenue from the place....... maybe they could make a few dollars(beer at 10$ a can),  and at the same time help some organizations get some media attention to help their causes.....and raise some money themselves as well......

if the Bombers reached out to the hockey community mayabe it would sell even more tickets to games......jus an idea 

I am absolutely in awe and I can't believe no one working for the Bombers has thought of this

Darren Helm, Jonathan Toews, Patrick Sharp, Duncan Keith, Dustin Penner, Shane Hnidy

So many champions - so many blown opportunities - when will they wake the puck up?

44 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

vegas-58-banner-retire.jpg

Smite that!

Uhm sure ok I guess.  Terrible tragedy last fall true enough.  Didn't change the fact most of us on here were hoping our hockey team would crush their hockey team. And I'd still rather they not win the cup.  But they are the Team of Destiny this season apparently.  Maybe it's inevitable.