Scouting and Coaching

BigBlue

First I want to say that I can't remember so much talent in training camp .... It is like going to to the candy store: you can't have all you see no matter how hard you lick your lips

The magic will be finding a way to hide them on our roster, pr and lists ... and keeping them from going away mad ... we will be stocking the league if we keep this up ... What I don't want is one or more of our late cuts getting picked up by Jones in Regina (or some other western franchise) and turning into an allstar

Second it looks like we have stockpiled the players Coach Ritchie needs to play his gambling style of defense .... stripping the ball and going after picks is going to be emphasized over making a solid tackle .... Hall wants the D feeding the O the ball: that is who he is and I think he will have the players and the speed required to succeed at such gambling (Heath who?)

The newcomer coaches on D may contribute more than we know .... I am smelling real talent in the coaching ranks .... I am betting that everybody on D is going to know their role and not be guessing what (or where) they should be doing .... that is good coaching

Meanwhile MOS seems to be putting together something cohesive and I am not used to that

I am so excited for this 2018 edition of our beloved club .... I can almost taste the Grey Cup

This is the defence Hall has been trying to create since he got here:

“If you look at history over the past couple of years this defence has created the most turnovers,” said Bighill. “From that standpoint, I don’t want to go back on that. I want to be a defence that prides itself on takeaways and we continue doing that. In general, it’s an athletic, physical defence. You’ve got DBs who like to come up and challenge people and the front six-seven are playing pretty physical up front. If you control the line of scrimmage, it’s what you want. At the end of the day if you are a physical football team that plays fast, physical and smart you’re going to win a lot of games.”

I have got to admire the non stop nature of bringing in real talent to compete throughout camp... this is quite than the past IMHO .... I am not sure what has changed with our scouting .... we will not  have to fly injury replacements much with this group hanging around ... unfortunately some of this talent pool in going to end up in Montreal,  Regina and elsewhere

On 2018-05-26 at 2:27 PM, BigBlue said:

I have got to admire the non stop nature of bringing in real talent to compete throughout camp... this is quite than the past IMHO .... I am not sure what has changed with our scouting .... we will not  have to fly injury replacements much with this group hanging around ... unfortunately some of this talent pool in going to end up in Montreal,  Regina and elsewhere

New comer Chandler Fenner has some perspective and objectivity, look how he sees his defensive coordinator and other coaches: "With all these pieces and the coaches we have, I have very high expectations.”

Maybe Ritchie Hall is finally in his element ... so maybe we can back off in giving him the goat horns the first time something goes wrong ... we are not going 18 and 0.

1 hour ago, BigBlue said:

Maybe Ritchie Hall is finally in his element ... so maybe we can back off in giving him the goat horns the first time something goes wrong ... we are not going 18 and 0.

I think O'Shea thinks Hall is pretty good. If not, Ritchie would be gone. I'll go with Mike.

16 minutes ago, tracker said:

O'Shea also thought Bellefeuille etc were pretty good, so that challenges your assumption.

but Bellefeuille is gone.... 

With the players they have now on defence, if it continues to be bad, I would think Hall will have to be let go.

Edited by Mark F