Friday June 1st Edmonton here

BigBlue

Don't tell me preseason games don't matter. I want us to pound these guys. We need to send a message to ourselves and everyone else. This game sets the tone for everything that is going to follow ... and it is better to knock off Edmonton than anybody else!!!

I hope they bring lots of rookies.

54 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

Don't tell me preseason games don't matter. I want us to pound these guys. We need to send a message to ourselves and everyone else. This game sets the tone for everything that is going to follow ... and it is better to knock off Edmonton than anybody else!!!

I hope they bring lots of rookies.

Ummm, preseason really doesn't matter.  It's about figuring out who you have and what they can do.  The score is secondary and no one remembers the preseason.  Sure, winning is nice, but if they need to focus on other things and that makes us better when the season starts, I'll go 0-2. 

Momentum counts for a lot ... yes we have to showcase the talent but we also have to win with that talent .... this is the best group of rookies I can remember but they have to show us they can win if they want to make the club ... and they need to do that immediately ... we need to show we are much improved from last year at both rookie and lockedin positions

Edited by BigBlue

Preseason matters......you have to get the new horseflesh in there, and find out who really gets it done, when the footballs are flying and the pads a-popping.   You have to be looking to upgrade positions, every year regardless of record. 

Take myself....after all this time, I don't just sit on my laurels.   Gin shelf is always being restocked.

This will be Edmonton's 2nd game amd on the road so the usual is to leave many of their veterans at home .... we should be able to pound them ... I expect Nichols plays only the first quarter or third of the game: then Ross, then Steveler  and possibly Bennett too. I am hoping our rookies play as well as our veterans. Truly tryouts this year

Edited by BigBlue

21 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

I expect Nichols plays only the first quarter or third of the game: then Ross, then Steveler  and possibly Bennett too. 

Ideally, Nichols shouldn't even see the field, that's what the 2nd game is for, giving your vets time. But yeah, he'll likely play 1st quarter.

Edmonton crushes Regina 35-12 ... with Collaros and Bridge  not on the field along with  the majority of their starters on defence ..... I hope Edmonton leaves a lot of veterans at home when they travel here Friday ... they dressed 85 players yesterday ... I don't know how many the Bombers will dress for their home game ...hopefully we can find a 2nd string QB Friday night ourselves... we may have seen Zach Kline move into the #3 QB spot but he will have to confirm that this Friday night .... we might see Nichols staying in Winnipeg for our away game in Vancouver (only Bomber preseason game televised) June 8th

Calgary will have no preseason games televised while Hamilton and Montreal each get two because the last one will be RDS only (in French)

We host Edmonton here Thursday June 24th to kickoff the regular season ... we can't take the warm up game lightly .... our rookies have to beat their rookies !!!

First "must win" game of the season this Friday ... YES

Edited by BigBlue

4 hours ago, BigBlue said:

Edmonton crushes Regina 35-12 ... with Collaros and Bridge  not on the field along with  the majority of their starters on defence ..... I hope Edmonton leaves a lot of veterans at home when they travel here Friday ... they dressed 85 players yesterday ... I don't know how many the Bombers will dress for their home game ...hopefully we can find a 2nd string QB Friday night ourselves... we may have seen Zach Kline move into the #3 QB spot but he will have to confirm that this Friday night .... we might see Nichols staying in Winnipeg for our away game in Vancouver (only Bomber preseason game televised) June 8th

Calgary will have no preseason games televised while Hamilton and Montreal each get two because the last one will be RDS only (in French)

We host Edmonton here Thursday June 24th 14th to kickoff the regular season ... we can't take the warm up game lightly .... our rookies have to beat their rookies !!!

First "must win" game of the season this Friday ... YES

FTFY

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

TSN will be broadcasting. So you can watch via them online, or might be able to find something on Reddit.

TSN is not carrying the game this week, per Darren Cameron. CJOB and your imagination, I'm afraid. Luckily Bob paints a wonderful picture. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

TSN is not carrying the game this week, per Darren Cameron. CJOB and your imagination, I'm afraid. Luckily Bob paints a wonderful picture. 

Oh lame! I thought I heard both bomber games were going to be televised. Maybe I made that up, cause I'll be able to see both games this year as I'll be there on Friday.

12 minutes ago, shadybob said:

anyone see the seat map on ticketmaster for the game Friday? very few tickets shown as available and it looks close to a sell out, which is odd for a preseason game. Am I missing something? or are people just pumped to see this team get going?

I would assume that the voucher for a free pair of tickets that was given to season ticket members probably helped that along.  I remember a pretty decent crowd for the pre-season game last year.

I do think people are pretty pumped about the season, and with the Jets out of the playoffs, some people may be looking to keep their live sports fix going.

13 hours ago, do or die said:

Not being afraid of blitz packages, would be a bonus....

On one level I don't blame him. I vaguely remember it is much more fun being the hammer than the nail.