Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

35 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Hoping Muamba hits all his incentives/bonuses. Looks like the Als are going to be at the bottom again.

I kinda sad for him, he's never been to a good team in his entire CFL career

... except the 2011 Bombers, I believe.

Well, when Muamba always puts money ahead of team then playing on shitty teams should be his lot in life. the funny thing is he never actually earns all of it as teams cut him in the off season. The guy is a showboat & a mercenary with his CFL tours & always playing one organization against the other while constantly switching teams. I'm sure he'll enjoy cashing every game day cheque after every Alouette loss. Hope he never wins a playoff game. 

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

I think Montreal has a long list of QBs that they will bring in and cut. And some of them will be better than the ones they kept.

MOMENTS IN MONTREAL - I wonder if Vernon Adams or Brandon Bridge have fond memories of their moments.

Don't really understand why Reed would think that he needs to go out and make sure that everyone knows that Freeman didn't quit, he was fired.  Chump move but I'm sure glad that we've happy passed on the Dumpster Fire award.  Now if Montreal would just pass it back to the Riders...

I assume Reed is trying to save face and embarrass himself less by making it look like it was not a bad move to bring the guy in...

It's to bad they burned the bridge with Crompton...  at this point they can sign Drew Tate maybe Fajado  Mitchell Gale?   They really have limited options. 

Edited by Brandon

55 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I assume Reed is trying to save face and embarrass himself less by making it look like it was not a bad move to bring the guy in...

It's to bad they burned the bridge with Crompton...  at this point they can sign Drew Tate maybe Fajado?   They really have limited options. 

Fajardo is in BC

5 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

Don't really understand why Reed would think that he needs to go out and make sure that everyone knows that Freeman didn't quit, he was fired.  Chump move but I'm sure glad that we've happy passed on the Dumpster Fire award.  Now if Montreal would just pass it back to the Riders...

Reed is an asshat. He just couldn't leave it alone & let the guy walk away with what was left of his dignity. There really was no reason to do that.

10 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I think the main appeal of Henoc was his passport. 

The only problem is if he went down it would wreak havoc with ratio. Not many Canadians can play to the level of Muamba. That's why you get someone like Hurl playing Mac. With an American it's much easier to find a replacement & not mess with the ratio. So, Muamba may be a ratio breaker either way.

I guess the Riders are starting 3 INT in the OL - LT Vaughn, RG Bond and RT Coleman

7 NAT starters will be - LG LaBatte, C Clark, RB Messam, WR Baggs, DT Evans, LB Hurl and S Brouillette
This really shows you how well bad they drafted since Cheat Jones became their GM

Edited by M.O.A.B.

3 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I guess the Riders are starting 3 INT in the OL - LT Vaughn, RG Bond and RT Coleman

7 NAT starters will be - LG LaBatte, C Clark, RB Messam, WR Baggs, DT Evans, LB Hurl and S Brouillette
This really shows you how well bad they drafted since Cheat Jones became their GM

I'd be concerned with 3 if not 4 of their starters too. Messam had a fall off last year and suffered a concussion. Brouillette and hurl....a big ol MEH. Can Evans be consistent in a new system? Oh yeah and Bagg isn't getting any younger.

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The only problem is if he went down it would wreak havoc with ratio. Not many Canadians can play to the level of Muamba. That's why you get someone like Hurl playing Mac. With an American it's much easier to find a replacement & not mess with the ratio. So, Muamba may be a ratio breaker either way.

The Bombers are likely “starting” two Canadians on D either way to give ultimate flexibility to the offense. It wouldn’t have been a problem because they’d have had the same guys they have now plus Muamba.  As of now the second starter will be a combo of guys taking reps at all 3 levels of the D (Corney, Ekakitie/Thomas, Briggs/Miles, Jones).

32 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Yikes.....what's the average age of those 7.....68yrs old?

Things to agree on, or not, on Sunday:

👁‍🗨Mark Chapman, 1st round CFL draft pick, has not signed with the Ticats. Interesting decision to miss his first pro camp with Hamilton...

👁‍🗨Former NFL QB Josh Freeman is indeed that, having been both fired and retired. Another oopsie at recruiting for Montreal..

👁‍🗨 Nice to see and hear Chandler Fenner’s “kid-walks-into-a-candy-store-for-the first-time” attitude and excitement.. I liked the signing then, I like it even more now.  Adding to this D’s versatility..

Don Landry reports on that infamous CFL Media poll: “Every team got at least one vote except for the Ottawa REDBLACKS”

CFL News - In the first pre-season game of 2018, neither Brandon Bridge nor newcomer Zach Collaros are currently in the plans at quarterback for Chris Jones and the Roughriders

👁‍🗨Why isn’t more being said about the questionable depth of the Ottawa RedBlacks QB stable?

William Arndt, Danny Collins, Dominique Davis and Trevor Harris.

And finally, CFL game day with Saskatchewan visiting the Eskimos.

CFL football is back!!

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Bagg - 33, Brouillette - 32, Clark - 30, Evans - 27, Hurl - 28, Labatte - 32, Messam - 33.

That is an old core of Canadians.  And their best prospects Cam Judge, Dariusz Bladek and Josiah St. John aren't exactly beating down the door to take roster spots.

St. John isn't even listed on the depth chart for today's pre-season game:

DeIgfPxU0AIPJVZ.jpg

4 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

St. John isn't even listed on the depth chart for today's pre-season game:

DeIgfPxU0AIPJVZ.jpg

I believe he is injured.  He may end up starting this year but who knows?  He has barely played and wasn't great when he did.